Chat

How do you spend your Amazon vouchers?

(8 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Mon 08-Jun-20 13:21:31

Usually clothes. Last time it was a faux fur coat and a large scarf. X

Jane10 Mon 08-Jun-20 11:00:31

Booksbooksbooksbooksbooksbookbooks!

shysal Mon 08-Jun-20 10:30:35

I just apply them to my account, then next time I buy something it is a pleasant surprise when it is paid for from the gift.

JessK Mon 08-Jun-20 10:30:31

Things for the garden and books. I don't feel guilty if it's not coming out of my bank account.

merlotgran Mon 08-Jun-20 10:25:58

Oh, I forgot to mention plant supports. I normally make all my own from various prunings but for Mother's Day I treated myself to a very trendy (rusty) peony support. When the peony dies back I'll plonk it over the rudbeckia.

I agree, lemongrove It's lovely when there's no guilt!

ladymuck Mon 08-Jun-20 09:57:13

My son sent me two gift vouchers recently, one for Christmas and one for my birthday. The Christmas one was used for music and books. I still have the birthday one. I wanted to buy a stand for my cross stitch but, though there are plenty to choose from, the quality seems dubious.

lemongrove Mon 08-Jun-20 09:56:37

Eagerly and happily is my answer ?
I buy all sorts of things that I fancy, so lovely when there is no guilt attached to buying.
Books, china ( especially mugs) one or two artificial plants to brighten dark spaces in the house, jewellery, cds and dvds, things for the garden.

merlotgran Mon 08-Jun-20 09:51:33

It's nearly always books for me. Gardening or Cook books that I think are a bit on the pricey side so a real treat.

I was given a voucher last week so this time I thought I'd combine my two loves and have ordered, The Garden Chef - recipes and stories from plant to plate, looking at the gardens of the world's leading restaurants.

It must be Lockdown boredom but it should arrive today and I'm like an excited kid, nose pressed against the window, waiting for the postman.

I really do need to get out more. grin grin