Gransnet forums

Chat

Describing Mummy

(13 Posts)
ginny Tue 09-Jun-20 18:52:57

This made me smile today.
I asked my 4 year old DGS if he could describe his Mummy.
He said ‘She has long hair , right down. Big legs and long arms. A round bottom and medium eyes. She has a black bag. Oh and her hair is sunny.
Not sure his Mummy was particularly flattered!

phoenix Tue 09-Jun-20 19:26:07

ginny it would be interesting to have your description, so we can see where it tallys! grin

Deedaa Tue 09-Jun-20 19:36:25

My 7 year old GS has lovely blonde hair. He says it's like the sun shining out of his head! Not one to hide his light under a bushel grin

ginny Tue 09-Jun-20 19:37:19

She is tall, slim with long blonde hair. Large blue eyes and her bottom is one I wish I had.

Puzzler61 Tue 09-Jun-20 19:42:14

One of my ex-next door neighbours always seemed aloof as if she thought she was ‘a cut above’ the rest of the young mums in the road. On school Open Day her face was worth a photo when her daughter’s artwork was on display and it was a picture of Mummy and a slogan that said “My mum’s got long hair and her feet are smelly”.

EllanVannin Tue 09-Jun-20 19:43:32

Wait until you see the drawing of " mummy " grin.

Babyshark Tue 09-Jun-20 21:08:32

My daughter happily tells me Iv got a “really really really big belly”. I’m chuffed as you can imagine grin

ginny Tue 09-Jun-20 22:08:07

Wonderful for your morale aren’t they ? ?

Greenfinch Tue 09-Jun-20 22:41:00

When my son was about 5 he wanted a school friend to come and play. I didn't know the mother but my son said it's the one who looks like his Granny but is really his Mummy. I am sure she would have been delighted.

FlyingHandbag Tue 09-Jun-20 22:45:02

Greenfinch that made me laugh. I remember I met a woman about 18 months ago. She is a friend of my auntie's, she is in her 50s (looks older) with a 4 year old son. The son seemed to take a shine to me upon meeting and he clearly wasn't behaving himself so I said to him "come on darling, behave for granny" and she grunted out "I'm his mother, actually".blush

Greenfinch Tue 09-Jun-20 22:47:41

grin

FlyingHandbag Tue 09-Jun-20 22:53:52

Oh gawd Greenfinch, I was mortified. X

dontmindstayinghome Tue 09-Jun-20 22:54:58

My daughter drew a picture of me in a uniform with dogs on a leash. She told everyone I was a police lady who looked after the dogs!
I was a Finance Manager!!