Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Friesday

(3 Posts)
rafichagran Fri 19-Jun-20 20:09:54

Evening Rufus, had a nice day. Spent money I was given for my Birthday in April, had a drink, to someones husband who died in April, and generally just chilled.
Hope you get your computer sorted out soon.

Grandmabatty Fri 19-Jun-20 19:48:00

Rufus2, it started off very grey here but cleared up by lunchtime. I was very glad as I've been getting enormous leylandii trimmed back and other garden work done. I now have a very tidy garden and trees with crew cuts! It has returned to grey now though. Darling Buds of May was a good series and responsible for the rise of Catherine Zeta Jones.

Rufus2 Fri 19-Jun-20 15:58:57

Just had a peep at the Good Morning thread and got drenched. No flaming June yet!?
Our TV has been full of Dame Vera video clips of her career; hope we'll see much more soon
"The Forces Sweetheart" "Sweetheart" is a nice word with its romantic overtones! blush
"Partner", "Other Half" ""Significant Other"don't seem to carry the same sense of love and devotion.! "Dear" now seems reserved for elderly codgers! hmm

Glad to see Man. City returned to winning form and it's actually recorded on our TV, to be watched later at, not on, our convenience!
Weather not bad today, lots of sun, but rain for tonight and tomorrow, Sat. of course!
Grandmabatty; You're right! I was thinking of "Darling Buds of May", a similar sort of prog. I think, but both from an earlier age of entertaining TV
Sir David was certainly a versatile actor, right from Granville through DellBoy, Inspector Frost etc, etc. Now he's joined forces with all the other stars doing train journeys everywhere!
Speaking of which, No1 Son on the phone earlier said that our Grandson, working with Queensland Rail in Brisbane will be off to Rockhampton and Longreach next week with a group of trainees and their supervisors who in turn will be supervised by managers who in turn etc, etc! He reckons there'll be no room for passengers!
Although the Queensland Govt. is job shedding, the rail unions seem to be running the show and adding layers of supervisory staff.
I'm still fascinated by the vast distances involved in his working trips. Brisbane to Longreach involving legs of 1,000km between each of those major towns and yet still be in the same country. Incredible!

Megs Talking of fighter pilots, the air display put on by the RAF and French jets was very spectacular with the formation flying and all the multi-coloured smoke trails
Btw. Hawkeye is counting! hmm

rafichigran Glad your "day off" was enjoyable and. must have been away from all the crook weather around the place, sitting with your coffee in the sun!? grin
Must away! It's now Sat'Day, no rain yet and this comp. is playing up again. I really must switch from Win 7 to Win 10 later today.
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo