Gransnet forums

Chat

Denim: An indispensable wardrobe addition.

(102 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Sun 21-Jun-20 19:14:46

Hi all,
I had my denim jacket on today and realised how versatile and essential denim is. I wouldn't be without my denim jacket and my jeans (skinny stretch, all colours, but I would love some embroidered ones). My denim jacket is my go to jacket for what I call effortless chic (my everyday type), and is absolutely perfect with a nice scarf. I keep meaning to pick up a denim skirt to wear with an off the shoulder top, too. I don't actually know why I'm going on about denim, but I adore denim. X

FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 15:11:16

BlueSky

I actually like the washed look denim even at 70! (seventy and seventeen sound similar anyway) wink

I love it too. Today I'm wearing my black jeans with a black and white top. X

BlueSky Wed 24-Jun-20 14:10:19

I actually like the washed look denim even at 70! (seventy and seventeen sound similar anyway) wink

FlyingHandbag Wed 24-Jun-20 14:08:31

BlueSky

FlyingHandbag putting a x after your posts is quite sweet! Xsmile

Thanks. Xflowers

BlueSky Wed 24-Jun-20 14:06:49

FlyingHandbag putting a x after your posts is quite sweet! Xsmile

MawB Wed 24-Jun-20 10:29:52

FlyingHandbag

Lisagran

I wonder if FlyingHandbag is sad that Shoezone is closing down?

Not one bit... I hate that shop. X

Wrong thread

FlyingHandbag Wed 24-Jun-20 10:29:25

lemongrove

Flying ....there’s no need to put a x after every post?

It's a terrible habit I've picked up from texting. X

FlyingHandbag Wed 24-Jun-20 10:28:51

Lisagran

Not one bit... I hate that shop. X

Lucca Wed 24-Jun-20 07:15:43

Thanks

vegansrock Wed 24-Jun-20 07:02:26

I have some knee length light denim shorts I bought in a sale in Gap over 25 years ago , they are very soft and faded now and only good for the garden, but I still wear them every summer. May get them out today. Lucca my denim dress was from Uniqlo - it’s basically a shirt dress and was bought about 3 or 4 years ago and is really a staple in my wardrobe. Probably get similar in lots of shops.

Riverwalk Wed 24-Jun-20 06:30:03

About 12 years ago I bought a denim shirt in the US - it's been worn and washed many times and still looks good. I use it as cardigan/jacket with just a couple of buttons fastened, cuffs folded back, and match it with khaki/stone chinos and a white tank top - the overall look is stylish IMO.

In the same style of a denim jacket last year I bought an olive green fine cord jacket - again it goes with any type of trousers or over a dress.

Callistemon Tue 23-Jun-20 22:21:53

lemongrove

Especially not at the moment while we're still self-distancing!!

lemongrove Tue 23-Jun-20 22:18:44

Far too hot for denim jeans this week, that’s for sure ( unless you live on remote Scottish islands.) Time to break out the floaty dresses and shorts ( if you have the legs for them)?

lemongrove Tue 23-Jun-20 22:16:21

Lisagran Tue 23-Jun-20 21:23:31

MawB Tue 23-Jun-20 21:11:50

FlyingHandbag

Naninka

Thank you @FlyingHandbag

You're welcome. X

This is getting ridiculous.

LadyBella Tue 23-Jun-20 20:42:24

I actually agree with Nanof3. Jeans can be stiff and rarely fit perfectly especially on older figures. Whereas cotton or linen trousers can look very smart.

FlyingHandbag Tue 23-Jun-20 16:32:37

Naninka

Thank you @FlyingHandbag

You're welcome. X

Naninka Tue 23-Jun-20 16:30:41

Thank you @FlyingHandbag

FlyingHandbag Tue 23-Jun-20 16:21:40

Naninka

I really wanted to know if anybody knew any granny and baby groups in the LE17 area? But I'm not sure where or how to ask this.

I would post on Ask A Gran or Chat. X

Naninka Tue 23-Jun-20 16:20:15

I really wanted to know if anybody knew any granny and baby groups in the LE17 area? But I'm not sure where or how to ask this.

Naninka Tue 23-Jun-20 16:18:39

I have never posted before so I am just practising. I've had many denim items over the years but don't really wear it now because I'm the wrong shape these days.

FlyingHandbag Tue 23-Jun-20 15:53:12

MawB

Oh my apologies.
When you said elsewhere that you lived with your parents I had put you down as being perhaps in your 40’s or 50’s at the most!

Don't be sorry! Hope you're well. X

NfkDumpling Tue 23-Jun-20 15:52:52

I’ve got about eight pairs of denim trousers in various styles, shades and states of repair (although NO slashes), but since this bloody Lock Down and Shielding I’ve put on weight and can’t get into any of them! Thank goodness for the hot weather as I can wear cut offs - denim ones with elasticated waists!

MawB Tue 23-Jun-20 15:52:05

Oh my apologies.
When you said elsewhere that you lived with your parents I had put you down as being perhaps in your 40’s or 50’s at the most!

FlyingHandbag Tue 23-Jun-20 15:41:08

MawB

No way - dark indigo jeans and a crisp white shirt - or Breton top - unbeatable!
With scarlet wedges, espadrilles or white trainers

Would I be right in thinking you are quite a bit younger than most of us FlyingHandbag ?
A mistake many older women make is to stick to “safe” pastels.

A few years but not quite a bit. Not pastels but I wear a lot of white and pink. I only wear dark jeans with dark colours. X