(127 Posts)
kittylester Tue 23-Jun-20 15:00:40

How will we cope?

MiniMoon Thu 25-Jun-20 14:44:34

The minute I saw the title of the thread I thought, plimsolls. grin

Callistemon Thu 25-Jun-20 14:17:12

Better than smelly feet, then!!

Kittye Thu 25-Jun-20 14:13:54

Oopsadaisy3 me too. Wasn’t complaining about the staff just the “ rubbery” smell

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 25-Jun-20 13:45:08

Was empty

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 25-Jun-20 13:44:52

Oh dear that might have been me, but it was the smell of plastic and rubber that made me feel ill, not the smell of people!
In fact the shop empty at the time apart from the 2 sales assistants.

Callistemon Thu 25-Jun-20 09:33:29

lemsip

I wonder where the posters live who say the shoezone shops smell, you poor things! I must be so lucky to live where respectable clean people shop. Shoezone also stock all the high brand shoes don't you know? inverted snobbery of the highest order comes to mind.

I think it was only one poster, lemsip who must live in an area where shoppers have particularly smelly feet!

Kittye Thu 25-Jun-20 09:32:44

* lemsip* the shops don’t smell dirty. They smell of rubber or chemicals

GrannyGravy13 Thu 25-Jun-20 09:12:17

kittylester

Please stop confirming to 'even buying your clothes from the same place'!! grin

I blame MawB for introducing me to Sahara ??

lemsip Thu 25-Jun-20 08:49:19

I wonder where the posters live who say the shoezone shops smell, you poor things! I must be so lucky to live where respectable clean people shop. Shoezone also stock all the high brand shoes don't you know? inverted snobbery of the highest order comes to mind.

lemongrove Thu 25-Jun-20 08:40:47

Yes, bought my normal size and they are a generous fitting.

seacliff Thu 25-Jun-20 08:37:53

Thanks lemongrove, they are just the sort of thing I'm looking for, I wear them around the house and outside all summer. Did you get your normal size please? I am a 41 but have fairly wide foot and high instep.

lemongrove Thu 25-Jun-20 08:23:14

Well, in my breaks from dominating the site kitty I like to spread the love where shoes/handbags/clothes are concerned.
What can I say?Guilty as charged m’lud.?

kittylester Thu 25-Jun-20 08:11:01

Please stop confirming to 'even buying your clothes from the same place'!! grin

lemongrove Thu 25-Jun-20 07:59:50

Skechers are quite wide fitting I find Whitewave and I practically live in themgrin I go down half a size as they are quite roomy.Buying on Amazon is generally cheaper, but obviously their own site has more to choose from.

Callistemon Wed 24-Jun-20 22:39:32

They seem to sell a wide range of shoes from cheap through Clark's to more expensive.
The Skechers trainers are cheaper elsewhere, Whitewave but then again, you'd get a whole pair from Shoezone!!

25Avalon Wed 24-Jun-20 22:07:55

Old woman thanks for explaining why plimsoles are called daps in the West Country especially when they have the plimsole line in Bristol. My Bristolian dh insists that is the proper name. Now I know why.
Back to Shoe Zone - are all the shops shutting as I read it was only 20? Apparently they were in trouble before lockdown. Where will I get dh his comfy cheap hobo shoes from?

Chewbacca Wed 24-Jun-20 21:55:43

Excuse me! None of you is Spartacus. I am the true Spartacus and lodged my stake on that name weeks ago. So off you trot you imposters!

Jane10 Wed 24-Jun-20 21:47:29

It's no use lemongrove it was daps I was looking for as Vans are so expensive.

lemongrove Wed 24-Jun-20 21:19:59

Seacliff your wish is my command! I bought these two pairs of mules from Amazon recently, I didn’t realise they were shoe zone until I bought them, very impressed, so comfortable ( and cheap!) Also wide fitting.
One pair dark navy the other off white.
Go onto Amazon and put mules into the search and see what you think.

Marydoll Wed 24-Jun-20 20:45:28

Good post Callistemon

What an unpleasant post, Rosenoir.

I posted pictures of my garden and I'm on everyday day, I do hope you are not referring to me, Rosenoir? Also I haven't a clue where people buy their clothes.
I'm on all the time because I'm shielding and am blooming fed up with it all, GN has saved my sanity in the last fifteen weeks. There are lots of lovely grans on here who have boosted my spirits.

No-one is sneering and no-one is boasting!
Some people would cause a rammy in an empty room , as my mother would say.

Losing their job is a terrible thing to happen to anyone, ( I know!) but as far as I can ascertain, the main focus of this thread is not about losing jobs, it is that those naughty school children will have to find a different place to shop in order to wind up a group of gullible grans!
It has been explained a few times, but still people don't get it. confused

seacliff Wed 24-Jun-20 20:45:25

I am looking there now, never tried their shoes. I wanted some cheapie low summer mules. I have a wide foot and like comfortable soles. Are there a particular make that are good, does any one know?

Callistemon Wed 24-Jun-20 20:06:50

rosenoir

Squiffy onesies and shoezone were referenced before then, I started to look where it originated and found it in 2016 but even that was about a previous thread.

It was interesting reading, the same people saying the same thing for at least the last 4 years.

It seems some people are on here all day everyday, the half a dozen people that dominate this forum all agree with everything each says, they seem to have very similar homes and gardens,shown in posted pics and even buy their clothes from the same places.

rosenoir If you think that only half a dozen dominate this forum then you obviously haven't explored very far, there are hundreds of people commenting on various threads and thousands more who dip in occasionally. Perhaps you might be surprised at the range of subjects and posters with different viewpoints.

For some people, especially those shielding in lockdown on their own, it could be a lifeline.

I haven't yet seen two identical gardens in the very few photographs on here. Nor do posters frequent the same shops as far as I can tell.

The thread was from 2016 and did mention previous threads but the OP hasn't posted lately, so perhaps has more grownup activities to keep them busy.

There's no point in joining a forum then grumbling and sneering about all the other members.
Why would anyone do that? confused

kittylester Wed 24-Jun-20 18:13:38

Rosenoir I consider your post of 13.22 sneery and unkind

Some people have no option but to spend their time on the internet.

And, I can almost guarantee no one has a house and garden like mine. I imagine the shops you buy from so exclusive that you are the only customer

Hetty58 Wed 24-Jun-20 15:42:18

Two people I know try things on at the shops - then make a note of the size and style, before going online to find the cheapest price.

I don't see how shops will survive if that is the trend. I'm quite happy to buy almost everything online, but shoes are an exception, as I really need to try them for fit.

Riverwalk Wed 24-Jun-20 15:40:50

Whitewave Skechers have regular, relaxed & wide fit, but I think not in all of the styles.