Gransnet forums

Chat

What would your last meal be? Light hearted.

(87 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 27-Jun-20 17:26:55

If you could have anything at all to eat with unlimited funds and no weight worries, what and where would you have it?
I would have chicken satay skewers and lovely soft chip shop chips. For dessert it would be tiramisu and salted caramel ice cream. I would eat it sitting on the beach at Dungeness in the pouring rain snuggled under a big umbrella, with a little bonfire in front of me. What would you have and where and would you share it with anyone?

annep1 Sat 04-Jul-20 05:38:26

I do hope you get there soon Granny7. Have many wonderful memories of the Loire Valley.

grannie7 Wed 01-Jul-20 10:06:10

meant to say with my dearest DH.
got a bad headache so brain not in gear

grannie7 Wed 01-Jul-20 10:03:59

sorry to say with my DH

grannie7 Wed 01-Jul-20 10:01:37

I am with you Nortsat.
Cannot think of a finer meal or a better place to be
eating it.
No jazz through. maybe some gentle Mozart.
But definitely the Loire valley maybe the Saumur Castle in the background lovely.
Would be there now if not for ***19

glammagran Sun 28-Jun-20 22:57:32

My choice would be lobster Thermidor, french fries and a green salad with a bottle of finest champagne ?

EllenVannin I happen to be a big fan of Angelica. You just can’t but in any supermarket nowadays. I bought a plant last year with lovely green stems so I could make my own but didn’t bother. This year way plant was far too big and woody to use the stems - I didn’t realise they only last 2 years.

MaxiBialystock Sun 28-Jun-20 21:48:36

I would forego all my vegetarian principles and have Yorkshire fish and chips, with bits and thinly sliced white bread and butter. A bottle of Champagne and then some lemon syllabub. To be eaten at the Waldorf=Astoria with my family and friends. Looking forward to it!

PGAgirl Sun 28-Jun-20 21:09:00

I would have soft herring roe, tossed in seasoned flour and fried in butter, and put on to hot well buttered toast.. My favourite food which I rarely eat because the smell lasts in the house for days, but that would not matter if it was my last meal, someone else would have to live with the lingering smell.

Lindaa4 Sun 28-Jun-20 20:59:15

Cooked by someone else!

seadragon Sun 28-Jun-20 19:02:27

Grandma's 'stovies' and oatcakes with beetroot followed by her apple crumble and custard shared with grandad anywhere...

grannypiper Sun 28-Jun-20 18:52:08

Chicken satay from Lonng Foong in Gennep, Holland, Steak with garlic butter , Mushrooms and Frites from ElPaso in Goch, Germany and a never ending tub of ice cream from Renaldo's Ayr

jmp1 Sun 28-Jun-20 18:28:41

Home cooked Lasagne followed by home made Tiramisu.

sweetcakes Sun 28-Jun-20 15:03:09

Mrsdof.
Just what I was going to pick pie and mash with liquor, vinegar and pepper eaten with a fork and spoon and stewed eels and if I had room my own salted chocolate tart ?

Bumboseat1 Sun 28-Jun-20 14:45:57

Roast chicken with all the trimmings followed by Apple crumble and cream on top of Blackpool tower watching the sea . Lovely ? well it won’t be if it’s my last meal x

annep1 Sun 28-Jun-20 13:16:33

I thought that too Luckyfour strange title. But the actual post doesn't mention 'last meal' .

Kim19 Sun 28-Jun-20 13:13:07

Quality beef stroganoff for me. What I ate on my first date with my husband.

Georgesgran Sun 28-Jun-20 13:03:13

If I was being clever, I’d cheat and have my main course in the top floor restaurant in The Metropolitan Museum of Art, overlooking Central Park in New York then for desert - I’d be on the Champs Elysee in Paris for a creme brûlée with a glass of fine champagne. X

Nannan2 Sun 28-Jun-20 12:51:47

LAST MEAL??My God that's depressing isn't it? Whats the matter with you all today? Geeze its too depressing to contemplate. Unless theres a medical/health/allergy reason then you CAN eat what you want, if you like.When you like.In fact Bridie22, it sounds like a good suggestion for a Sunday lunch/dinner- you could have it todaygrin

Juicylucy Sun 28-Jun-20 12:07:07

Bowl of chilli with sour cream and salad. Apple pie and ice cream. Sat on a beach at sunset with warmth on my skin and candles all around listening to the ripples of the sea. Glass of prosecco .

LuckyFour Sun 28-Jun-20 12:01:48

I wouldn't be able to enjoy any meal if |I knew it was my last. My stomach churns at the thought.

Froglady Sun 28-Jun-20 11:59:32

I'm wavering between a proper roast dinner with Yorkshire Puddings and everything else and a Chinese!
Pudding would be Eton Mess.

sue01 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:59:01

Rack of lamb... rare... rosti potatoes... home grown runner beans. Raspberry Pavlova. Bottle of Stellenbosch red. Anywhere on The Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. Bliss !!

icanhandthemback Sun 28-Jun-20 11:38:06

I'd have Calamari with a Ranch sauce to start, a Woolacombe Bay Beef and Stilton pie with Roasted Parsnips and carrots with mashed potato, followed by one of the those taster plates of dessert. That would include a selection of ice-creams, chocolate brownie, chewy cookies and fruit. I'd wash it all down with a decent Porter.
It would have to be my last meal though because my stomach would revolt and you wouldn't be able to be in the same room with me for a fortnight!

4allweknow Sun 28-Jun-20 11:26:25

Lobster salad with a side of crispy chunky chips with garlic mayonnaise. Followed by a slice of original cheesecake. All accompanied by champagne. The venue would be on the little private beach at the hotel I stayed at on Barbados and no I wouldn't share.

leeds22 Sun 28-Jun-20 11:23:18

Greek salad, grilled fish, followed by bread and butter pudding maybe in a little cafe on the harbour front at Symi (or Hydra) with DH.

CaroleAnne Sun 28-Jun-20 11:10:17

I would have a similar menu to mumofmadboys with a glass of chilled white wine. A good one at that!!