Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(69 Posts)
12Michael Tue 30-Jun-20 06:08:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Plans for the day , will take a bus strip to Buckingham all be it for just over the hour , hopefully a takeaway coffee .
Had a call from my surgery yesterday, to check if I was OK , mentioned about bi annual diabetes check, seems wait until we return to normal.
Apart from strange dreams in the night again.
Take Care
Mick
apart

MawB Wed 01-Jul-20 11:36:23

Good morning all (just)
Having a self- indulgent day as I cried a lot yesterday and then got cross because my DGS Flynn's scooter was stolen at the park along with his little friend Fleur’s.
A day best left behind.
So as it is a glum looking day, might be a book day Or a DVD but need to resist watching the DVD with Paw in it.- perhaps Downton Abbey or The Ladykillers!

Wishing you all peace of mind, health and a pleasant day.

Froglady Wed 01-Jul-20 11:28:51

Urmstongran

Hello Frogladyand GrannyfromWilmslow (where my cousin lives!).
??

No EV or Maw.
Missing you both. x

Hello Urmstongran - nice to 'meet' you.

Froglady Wed 01-Jul-20 11:27:36

Gwenisgreat1

Good morning all, Harrogate hasn't decided on the weather yet.... the sun shone for a bit then realised it should be raining!! That was just after I'd got the washing out! Nothing planned for today, apart from taking the dog out, just see how the day pans out

Love reading your posts from Harrogate - it used to be my second home as my sister was born there, I was christened there after being born at St James' in Leeds, and my grandparents lived in Harrogate for years. I used to love going to stay with them, but that was a lot of years ago now. I used to visit the baths near the girls' grammar school by the bridge over the railway line and the Coppice Baths? not sure if I've got that name right, but that's a housing estate now. Lovely memories of Harrogate and Knareborough.

Urmstongran Tue 30-Jun-20 19:31:53

Hello Frogladyand GrannyfromWilmslow (where my cousin lives!).
??

No EV or Maw.
Missing you both. x

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 30-Jun-20 13:45:04

Oh poo! iPad decided I should use bagels for my shopping instead of bags.......

Kalu Tue 30-Jun-20 13:13:01

Lovely to see you back with us again Taichinan. As you say it is uplifting to have a bit of normal back again. Even the small things like gardeners and window cleaners returning and best of all, being able to meet up with friends and family again. I am in no hurry either to get out and about with others and quite content with our little bit of normality until I feel it’s much safer to do otherwise.

Blue skies and some sunshine appearing now Marydoll. Hope it has reached you too. ?

Just about to hang out a washing now the weather has brightened up Gwenisgreat. Should it even think about raining here, many expletives will be heard?

Grandmafrench Tue 30-Jun-20 12:58:34

WONDERFUL, NannyT your reward perhaps for caring ???

Puzzler61 Tue 30-Jun-20 12:48:42

Always good to hear Good News Nannytopsy. ?
Enjoy the rest of your day C......... quilting.

Nannytopsy Tue 30-Jun-20 12:41:32

Afternoon Mick and all. Still windy in Suffolk and spotting with rain so I shall carry on with my Christmas quilting this afternoon.
I am a very relieved NannyT after a visit to the breast assessment unit this morning. Enough said? wink
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Georgesgran Tue 30-Jun-20 12:19:13

Early afternoon in an overcast Durham. Dropped DH off at Hospital for his chemotherapy earlier, but he’s text to say the Phlebotomist at the GP Surgery hasn’t taken enough blood to test, so it’s all held up until the Hospital can do their own test!
Last week was 9am to 7pm, so looks like the same today.

Selfishly - I’ve a day to myself, so a bit of jobbing on in the house first, then maybe watch some shoppy telly!
Bedding plants to go in tubs outside later.

Hope everyone has a decent day. X

Auntieflo Tue 30-Jun-20 12:06:37

Good morning, just, Mick, Annie, and all.
Like Gwenisgreat, the weather here is unsettled. Started off dry, then poured with rain, now is dry again.
I am off to 'my' charity shop this afternoon. First time since it opened last week, and I am really looking forward to going.
Saw DD and SIL yesterday, for a cream tea, mid morning, but lovely anytime.
Also managed to get car insurance sorted. Why don't they make these things easier?
I discovered on my Ipad, this morning, that the Notes section, can now be sorted alphabetically. Much nicer than sifting through lots of gumph.
Scentia, the packaging was so sweet. I used to have that little saying in my autograph book at school .
Hope that Marydoll finds her get up and go soon, but early days yet.
Have a good day one and all

Taichinan Tue 30-Jun-20 12:06:28

Good morning all. I haven't posted for ages, but do follow and love hearing everybody's news. I may be wrong, but it seems there's more and more 'normality' creeping into the posts. Your Christmas-in-June sounds (and looked) lovely Grandmattie - so happy for you that it went so well. Mythbert I''m still chuckling at your Google result for the word wittering. I once googled Baked Alaska (couldn't remember how many minutes it should be blasted for in the oven) and my research rewarded me with an article on global warming!!
Normal is gradually filtering back into this cool grey corner of Angus and in the past couple of weeks I have seen my DD and DGDs and have had weekly visits (distanced in the garden) from two friends for a natter and from two other friends for some tai chi practice. Oh and my much treasured gardener turned up - probably to check on how I've been keeping up with 'his' garden.. I thought I'd been doing well, but after just two hours of his attention it looked considerably better!! Normality or not, like a few others on here I'm still wary about going anywhere in the wide blue.yonder until I have to, so I won't. Thank goodness for Tesco deliveries and Amazon - they seem to be my new normal. Take care everyone - especially you, Marydoll. I'm sure your limitless ooomph just needed a wee holiday and will come back ooomphier than ever. ???? to all.

brook2704 Tue 30-Jun-20 11:50:30

Just popped back on to here as he’s it’s still raining ☔️☔️☔️
Lovely photo grandMattie you all look so very happy ! Enjoy your day at Quarry Bank Mill grannyfromwilmslow I used to go their with my mum when I lived in that area - one of my favourite places !

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 30-Jun-20 11:46:39

Good morning all, Harrogate hasn't decided on the weather yet.... the sun shone for a bit then realised it should be raining!! That was just after I'd got the washing out! Nothing planned for today, apart from taking the dog out, just see how the day pans out

GrannyGravy13 Tue 30-Jun-20 11:15:50

Beautiful happy photo Grandmattie

Goodmorning Annsixty

My dear window cleaners have just cleaned my windows......five minutes later it started raining ??☔️☔️

I paid rather a lot extra to have my watch couriered from a reputable Swiss watch company (reason being their local branch is in an Intu shopping centre and there is much uncertainty as to whether it will reopen) GrandpaGravy just found it on the lobby floor, it should have been signed for or at the very least delivered face to socially distanced face .
Hey Ho at least I have it back !

Legs55 Tue 30-Jun-20 10:37:31

Good morning from a mizzly Devon, not as windy as yesterday & possibility it will clear up later.

After a busy day shopping yesterday essentials like food it's back to painting in my Lounge, maybe some ironing & a little housework. On the other hand forget ironing & housework if the sun comes out this afternoonblush

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 30-Jun-20 10:31:06

Good morning from east London, grey and not quite warm yet. I’m being entertained at the moment by the lads practising at the cricket nets trying to set up some sort of barrier - I assume to stop any errant cricket balls going too far. I feel like a mallet could be of use but am not minded to stick my head out the window and shout ‘you don’t want to be doing like that...’. Ah - not for cricket, badminton. Nothing planned for today, there was a discussion about an open air book club meeting but I think we’re leaving that til next month. I have 2 days to do my voice recording for the choir song so will give that a go later. A friend from work is retiring today but no party; we will have our own celebration once both of us are confident about public transport as we live opposite ends of London. I am wittering on - obviously need breakfast. However (and this is my mood today), felt the need to check the spelling of wittering and Safari produced a reference to 2 places near Chichester called east and west Wittering - somewhere we could visit on one of our taxi trips for DS on his travels to and from uni. I didn’t know that.
Hope you have a good day.

Gelisajams Tue 30-Jun-20 10:28:39

Thank you for that advice Marydoll. Will give that a go. ?

Mapleleaf Tue 30-Jun-20 10:27:56

Good morning

It's a lot less windy, feels slightly warmer and the grey clouds aren't quite as grey as yesterday here in my part of South Yorkshire. I'm hoping it stays dry long enough for the washing that is in the machine to go out on the line for a blow. I got some out yesterday until it started drizzling so had to finish it off indoors.

Reading through the posts, many of you have had a super time seeing friends, grandchildren and having celebratory meals. It's so lovely to read of these things which bring a little feeling of 'normality' in these very strange times. I suppose it's baby steps for us and I'm hoping that our confidence will return to how it was in pre covid19 days sooner rather than later. I'm so pleased that all went well for you all, and that's a lovely photo of you and your family, grandMattie. ?

Marydoll, I'll look for some 'oomph' and send it to you. ?

Not a lot planned for today. The usual chores, but also must ring round some friends to see how they are.

Take care everyone, and BlueSapphire, special good thoughts to you if you are reading this today. ?.

GrannyfromWilmslow Tue 30-Jun-20 10:26:44

I’m in Cheshire too. First visit to Quarry Bank (NT property) since lockdown. Dog very excited - used to come nearly every day.

Froglady Tue 30-Jun-20 10:25:28

Morning from a drizzly Blackburn. Nothing planned today but reading on my Kindle and my library books.

Susan56 Tue 30-Jun-20 10:14:39

Good morning from Shropshire where the rain has stopped?

Lovely picture grandMattie.Enjoy the time with your sons.

Our DD is on her way over with the children.Henry has decided nights aren’t for sleeping so she is exhausted.We will take the children out for a walk while she has a rest.

Cherry,hope you are ok.x

Have a good day all and ?for all under the weather or having a wobble.

Marydoll Tue 30-Jun-20 10:08:28

ann, so lovely to see you posting! ?

annsixty Tue 30-Jun-20 10:05:08

Good morning all from a dull and chilly Stockport.

Although I read every morning I don’t often post, however I am still chuckling at the thought of “Oopsadaisy’s* shopping packed in clean bagels.
You must need hundreds?

Puzzler61 Tue 30-Jun-20 10:03:58

Great photo grandMattie - have a lazy Boxing Day today ?