I am with estate agent A. Bungalow been on market since lockdown. Have had two firm buyers, who have both dropped out: one because of Covid, another because they changed their minds about moving at all. A recent very interested buyer decided to buy a plot of land and build instead.
Agent A is also selling the new build house that I am hoping to buy, and he is encouraging the builder to keep it off the market for me and wait for me to sell. If it were not for this fact then I would involve another agent, because I have only had 4 viewings (2 of whom made offers).
Market has been a bit dead because of virus and lockdown, but even now that things have been relaxed a bit more, viewings are not happening.
It is a lovely property with a beautiful garden and wonderful views. I have asked the agent if there is anything I can do to make it more saleable and he just says that it is already very saleable!
I feel constrained about asking another agent to get involved because of the fact that A is persuading builder to hold on for me; but I am concerned about the lack of activity. Builder will not wait forever.
What would you do?
Luckygirl Tue 30-Jun-20 22:26:26
Hetty58 Tue 30-Jun-20 22:35:26
Luckygirl Wed 01-Jul-20 10:23:50
lemongrove Wed 01-Jul-20 10:31:23
twinnytwin Wed 01-Jul-20 10:39:31
JenniferEccles Wed 01-Jul-20 10:41:31
Franbern Wed 01-Jul-20 11:04:11
Calendargirl Wed 01-Jul-20 11:09:47
Luckygirl Wed 01-Jul-20 11:52:42
Framilode Wed 01-Jul-20 11:58:57
Jane43 Thu 02-Jul-20 14:19:42
Jane43 Thu 02-Jul-20 14:21:16
FlexibleFriend Thu 02-Jul-20 20:44:21
kircubbin2000 Thu 02-Jul-20 21:31:01
Welshwife Thu 02-Jul-20 22:14:20
Ellianne Fri 03-Jul-20 14:07:49
Luckygirl Fri 03-Jul-20 14:41:22
Ellianne Fri 03-Jul-20 15:03:25
Jane43 Mon 06-Jul-20 12:51:39