Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Tue 07-Jul-20 06:12:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Another grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning, I had a pm from Ginny42 who will absent for awhile as she is involved with a project to do with school books .
Today , I will catch the bus to Buckingham, go for a meander around the town, and head to the cafe I frequent, and have coffee and something to eat , before returning home on the bus later .
My haircut appointment will on late Saturday afternoon but af ew days do not matter .
Take Care ,
Mick

Georgesgran Tue 07-Jul-20 13:23:06

Good afternoon from Durham where is overcast, grey and a bit gloomy. DH dropped off for chemo before 10am, so waiting for word that he’s ready to pick up.
Gardener hasn’t been today - hopefully he’ll come tomorrow.
It’s a big help, as the garden’s big, DH just can’t manage the mower now and I’m not inclined to try!!
Have a good day those who can and sending best wishes to those struggling. X

Kalu Tue 07-Jul-20 12:14:21

Good morning everyone from a grey day in Glasgow.

Being so windy yesterday, DH erected our strong windbreaker in preparation for DD and girls garden visit. On arrival GD2 sprinted straight to us for cuddles. It was wonderful to cuddle her again but poor DD and DG1 singing Nobody Likes Me in good humour. We had a lovely picnic with some favourite goodies and GD2 sitting by my side during the visit. A perfect day.

Although you are still having a rotten time of it Marydoll I was relieved for you no allergic reaction was diagnosed. Good plan to give you a bit of respite for a week too and then not too long until your system settles and your treatment will be over giving you a better quality of life. Stay strong. ?

It’s heartbreaking reading what your DD and the children are going through EllanV without her having to deal with the mindless actions of some low life throwing eggs at her car and now your poor GGD could be moved yet again, this time so far from home in Durham? The phrase, to hell and back doesn’t even cover it. I only hope you can all turn a corner in the near future. ?

Good to hear you safely arrived in Spain Pantglas. Time to relax and enjoy your stay.

I discovered the ‘bath’ method you mentioned on Pinterest
Gfrench a great find.

Enjoy your Yoga session Grammaretto

My best wishes for a pleasant day to all I have missed and also to those who are having difficult times.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Jul-20 12:11:20

Good lunchtime Mick and all x

Well, the gym class in the park has perked me up no end (even though I know that I will ache tomorrow) I have booked in for Thursday morning so that is some sort of routine/normalcy Tuesday and Thursday mornings exercising in the park until the gym can reopen.

Youngest son and his wife live opposite the park so I popped into their garden to catch up with DIL GD and baby GS, which was lovely.

We went out for Sunday lunch with DD and GSs which was such a treat, the staff had face shields and half of the tables had been removed. As we had a pram we were tucked away at the end and felt safe.

scentia sending you and your DD hugs, miscarriage is such an emotional time for all concerned ?

Marydoll, harrigran and anyone else with pain troubles sending (((hugs)))

Hola to our Senoritas Espanol ??

Keep safe and well folks ?

Purplepixie Tue 07-Jul-20 11:39:18

Sorry for the rant!

Purplepixie Tue 07-Jul-20 11:38:51

Good morning from a damp East Midlands.

Fed up today as I feel in the doldrums. The pubs have opened whoopeedo!!!! Two people were attacked in Market Harborough, were my friend lives, both drink induced.

The supermarkets have everyone just walking around as if nothing has happened and now I am getting peed off. I want to scream at people to say that the pandemic hasn’t gone yet!

Stay safe and have a lovely day as I think I am going mad!

annsixty Tue 07-Jul-20 11:35:32

Well done Marydoll you managed to convey just how bad you were feeling to your medical team.
Only upwards now we all hope.
Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 07-Jul-20 11:30:59

Marydoll. Autocorrect going bonkers

Feelingmyage55 Tue 07-Jul-20 11:30:28

matydoll ?for your sense of fun in the face of everything.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 07-Jul-20 11:28:25

Good morning from a bright North go Scotland but due to rain later. Never mind, washing out and grass cut. I had the excitement of a food delivery and some treats. I felt so sad yesterday when I saw a local cat stalk and catch a fledgling I had been watching become independent. I was ridiculously weepy. My lovely neighbour has left some seeds for late planting in my post box and I am just plucking up the courage to visit the garden centre. Not sure I am brave enough today but promising myself that I will go sometime this week.
For all those having some very challenging days ? and for everyone else, I am enjoying reading daily even if I don’t post. Thank you for sharing a window into your lives.

mary51 Tue 07-Jul-20 11:23:22

Good morning all from dry and breezy south Wales. Don't usually post here, but I just wanted to wish Marydoll all the best with your new treatment.

My own DH took up beer making in March after a gap of 40 years, when the price here more than doubled overnight. It works out much much cheaper and tastes fine he says. Too strong for me so I have it mixed with diet lemonade occasionally.

Best wishes to all with health difficulties and worries.

smile

Puzzler61 Tue 07-Jul-20 11:17:30

Oh dear BladeAnnie why are you feeling like this? ?

Puzzler61 Tue 07-Jul-20 11:14:54

Hurrah Marydoll. ?
Wishing you instant relief (that may be a tall order) but things should improve now. ?

BladeAnnie Tue 07-Jul-20 11:11:11

A late good morning from a rainy mid-Notts. I hardly know where I want to be or what I want to do atm so I'll just say have a good day folks x

Marydoll Tue 07-Jul-20 11:06:39

I bring good news (well it is for me!). GP has just phoned and is sending prescriptions for some relief to pharmacy ASAP!
I'm on the up again.
Thank you all for all your kind words. It's very much appreciated.

I have been so distracted by GN and internet shopping, that I must go and rewash my hair, as it has dried in! sad. I look like Crystal Tips, badly in needed of a haircut. wink

Legs55 Tue 07-Jul-20 10:57:09

Good morning all, sun is just breaking through the cloud here in Devon, less windy than it has been. Just finished a second coat of paint in a a small area of my Lounge, 3rd coat later today & then I can move on to next piece small property, nowhere to put anything it's clear an area, paint & reorganise roomhmm

I plan to go out in the garden for a while, no point doing much housework at the momentblush, good excusegrin

Time for cafe & crossword

EllanVannin Tue 07-Jul-20 10:41:59

Good Morning All x
I wondered what was missing when I woke and let the cats out-----the gales ! After 4 days of them and including the stiff breeze yesterday it seems eerily quiet. I'm not complaining though. It's very still/calm and drizzly and feels milder since there's no wind.

So glad I managed to do all the piled-up washing yesterday and I gathered it in at teatime yesterday all bone dry. The smell of it filled the room, better than any air freshener.

I phoned D as there was no sign of her visiting, though I know she's busy and the children have staggered times going to school.
Saturday she and the 3 children went to the Lakes to visit their sister and though the weather was disgusting and made for a bad drive there the child was expecting them so D couldn't let her down.

The girl's stay there had to be extended as she was supposed to have left there last Monday but apparently a conference was going on about where to put the poor child next. It will be her 5th move since March. Part of her diagnosis is autism, so they've got that far. Sadly, it seems that her next move will be Durham ! I live each day trying to be normal.

Anyway, when D picked up the child, she drove to the usual fish and chip shop where they go---and it was closed, so she found one in a side street and they all sat in the car eating their fish and chips while the rain belted down and gusts of wind swaying the car.

Last week when they were there they'd enjoyed the day on Morecambe beach, what a difference, poor things I felt sorry for them just driving around, until they ended up in an amusement centre with slot machines so that rounded things off until home-time. They all had welcome baths and showers when they got back.

Yesterday before D was about to drive the children to school, she had to set-to with a bucket of hot water to the car as someone had been throwing eggs on it. What kind of an idiot would do this ? So she was panicking about the time as she goes to 3 different schools with them.

Honestly, by the time she'd finished her call I felt drained and gathered myself together to go to the local shop only to be told that a poor woman had just lost her life trying to rescue her dog from the rough sea yesterday. A young chap jumped in to try and help the woman and he got into difficulties too and was taken to hospital but is alright---as was the dog.

So yesterday wasn't the best of days, apart from getting the washing dry but that pleasure pales into insignificance when you hear sad news from such a tragic event.

My life is never dull and boring ! Lamb chops today with the other half of the cauli. and Cheshire pots. scrummy.

Glad to hear of the safe arrival of Pantglas along with what sounded like, a trouble-free journey--enjoy your stay. wine

Sorry about your news Scentia, but things will come together I'm a firm believer in that. x

Marydoll, poor you, patience is a virtue with you and medication but again, you'll be sorted now that they know what they're dealing with. x

Oh goodness, this is more a composition than a good morning greeting grin but I do wish everyone a good day and thoughts to those who aren't too clever. xx

CherryCezzy Tue 07-Jul-20 10:17:14

Good morning all from a very cloudy and breezy Gower, where it's forecast to rain later.

We're determined to get out and about today though and the village and surrounding areas should be relatively quiet, better for me ?.
Looking forward to our takeaway later but a shame it won't be from my friendly Bangladeshi friends as theirs has been taken over.
Got my usual group quiz shortly and FaceTime with family members later.

Sentia, very sad for your daughter and her DH. Difficult for you too of course. She will, regardless of what she says, be hurting from this as well as in physical pain. I know you'll be there for her as only a mother can ?.

Marydoll, it sounds like the advice you have been given is basically to ride it out. I hope, with the help of your antihistamines the side effects settle down quickly now though ???

Sorry to hear you had such a bad night harrigran, perhaps a night reaction to the pain relief ?. Hope your pain has subsided, take it easy today ?

Glad to hear that you arrived safely in ? Malaga Pantglas. Enjoy the next few months ?

Thanks for updating us all on Ginny Mick. Mind how you go as you return to all your usual activities Mick, not to put a damper on things but remember the virus is still out there.

The hairdressing set ups for everyone sound very safe ?. Producing a heck of a lot of plastic waste though ?

Thinking of you BlueSapphire ?

Have a good day everyone, ? for those that need them.
Be kind to yourselves ❤️

Froglady Tue 07-Jul-20 10:16:18

Morning all from a wet Blackburn. It looked all right first thing and then when I got up the sky was grey and now it's drizzling. No change there.
Staying in today and hoping to hear from my handyman when he is coming to put my curtains back up; they've been down since the week before the lockdown as I had my flat painted and they couldn't put bedroom curtains back up as paint was still wet. I've tried but I can't get the curtain pole down. I live on the ground floor so need something up at the window. I have managed by looping a longer curtain over the pole and just pulling it open or closed. Snag is it doesn't fit the window entirely so have to remember when I come in from the bathroom that there is a glaring gap of about 10 inches and to just check no-one is standing outside!
Have a lovely day everybody.

mancgirl Tue 07-Jul-20 09:54:00

Good morning from rainy Manchester. Had a lovely sail on Lake Windermere yesterday morning. Social distancing well in place, only 7 of us, all masked, on the boat.! Housework today, think it's time I did some ?. To gransnetters in Spain, very envious, miss the Spanish way of life, although when we left in March it was very different times. We'll be back later. Scentia I feel for your daughter, I know what that's like. (((hugs))) for those who need one flowersfor those with extra cares and worries.

Puzzler61 Tue 07-Jul-20 09:49:14

Enjoy your Yoga Grammaretto, it’s a wonderful form of relaxation.

Grandmabatty Tue 07-Jul-20 09:48:11

Good morning all. It's cool here, cloudy and spots of rain in the air. I've been to aldi and had a visit to the fish van so dinner will be lemon sole, peas and chips. I am babysitting again this afternoon, my last stint of the week, so this morning will be pottering about. It's lovely to hear from people who are in warm and sunny climes. I really want to stand with my feet in the sea. However as my nearest sea is the North Sea, then I'll pass just now! Take care everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 07-Jul-20 09:39:27

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is supposed to be warming up but no sign of that.
So sorry about your DD, Scentia. xx
Poor Marydoll which is worse the disease or the cure?
DH is in a similar boat. He coughs a great deal especially when I am talking and has sore feet.

Having accidentally mistaken my precious seedlings for weeds, yesterday I moved indoors to tackle my bedroom. I have one of these cordless hoovers which only does 20 minutes before it needs recharging for 3 hours. So needless to say it isn't finished yet.

Yoga this morning. I'm looking forward to the relaxation already.

Thank you to all you wonderful GNers who have kept me sane, especially during this shielding. Stay safe.

Justwidowed Tue 07-Jul-20 09:38:13

Morning every one from a dry ,breezy Lancashire. Heavy rain is due later,probably just in time for my long awaited visit to the hairdressers!!.
Have been using buses a bit more now,two journeys today but buses are nearly empty and everyone is wearing masks.I must admit I feel a bit safer.
Hope your daughter feels better soon Scentia .
Hope your day improves Marydoll and that your pain subsides.
Have a good day all and stay safe.

Pittcity Tue 07-Jul-20 09:36:46

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I had a rough night so will be taking it easy today...no change there then!

Nortsat Tue 07-Jul-20 09:31:32

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a reasonably bright east London.
Glad to hear that you have had some advice Marydoll, hope things settle down for you.
Warm wishes to you and your DD, Scentia.
Kitty, my silver is terrible, my grandmother (it’s mostly hers) would be ‘very disappointed’. I will try your tip on the things which can be immersed Grandmafrench, thank you. I fear there is no escape from the non immersible things ... scent bottle, hand mirror, clock, jewellery box etc.

Have a good day all and ?to those who need them.