Gransnet forums

Chat

If DH had a sex change would he be able to....

(80 Posts)
kittylester Thu 23-Jul-20 19:28:12

do more than one thing at a time, cook etc?

If I had a sex change I be able to map read etc?

Lexisgranny Fri 31-Jul-20 17:19:44

Just noticed your comment Grandad43. You couldn’t be more wrong, but I’m sure you are very used to that.

Peardrop50 Sat 25-Jul-20 19:01:46

naughty Rufus

Blinko Sat 25-Jul-20 14:51:07

biba70

Lol - I know a few people who have had sex changes, and no, it has NOT changed their abilities or talents.

So....what would be the point?

Great thread, this!

Rufus2 Sat 25-Jul-20 14:30:09

the hand crept over, both
Peardrop Sorry to be pedantic, but is that comma in the right place! hmm

Peardrop50 Sat 25-Jul-20 13:42:16

Illte tried to read your post to Mr P yesterday but couldn't get further than first few words, struggled to breathe at times, in the end he read it himself. Went to bed last night, spoon position and the hand crept over, both went in to fits of laughter. Thanks so much for your hilarious post that brought us both to tears.

BlueSky Sat 25-Jul-20 13:36:16

Lucky girl Illte! wink

Lucca Sat 25-Jul-20 13:33:02

Illte

If my OH had a sex change he might be content to fondle his own boobs in bed.

Instead of stopping me from getting to sleep ? blush

TMI

Rufus2 Sat 25-Jul-20 13:05:14

If I had a sex change I'd miss my superior intelligence
Peardrop50
Think not of what you've lost! Think of what you'll gain. The desirable gift of being able to talk and listen at the same time! grin
It's known as multi-tasking and practitioners have to be multi-skilled, so your superior intelligence might not be completely wastedhmm
Give it a go, but remember, going back could be eye-watering! sad
OoRoo

Rufus2 Sat 25-Jul-20 12:40:16

I am sure Rufus2 is also very similar
Thank you Grandad! Of course! I'm the very epitome of those bronzed Aussies you used to see marching at the Olympics, even though I'm only 93. grin
But if we continue to scratch each other's backs, this thread might disappear in a sea of jealousy and then we'd be called "party-poopers", so perhaps we should continue to let them enjoy themselves! hmm
Good Health
OoRoo

Grandad1943 Sat 25-Jul-20 09:46:48

Illte

No, he hasn't Rufus. He is as lean and muscled as the day I met him. Solid.

Where as I am, well, quite squishy. ?

Yes at the age of seventy seven I also am also as lean and muscled as the day I became twenty seven. ?

I am sure Rufus2 is also very similar.

Illte Sat 25-Jul-20 09:04:29

No, he hasn't Rufus. He is as lean and muscled as the day I met him. Solid.

Where as I am, well, quite squishy. ?

Oldwoman70 Sat 25-Jul-20 08:28:16

I don't think a sex change would have helped my DH. He was brilliant at fixing things, decorating, gardening etc. but useless when it came to cleaning and cooking (although he could do a lovely full English breakfast). It seemed as if he didn't see dust or that a waste paper bin was full and needed emptying and don't get me started on the suitability of taking things apart on the kitchen table! Still loved him to bits!

jenpax Sat 25-Jul-20 08:27:13

Phoenix I would get the lunch stuff he left in the kitchen and dump the lot on his lap?

Lucca Sat 25-Jul-20 08:16:24

Peardrop50

Lucca thought your post was a bit out of character, glad you're feeling better today.
Brilliant thread Kitty, so much to identify with and so many giggles.

Thank you !

Rufus2 Sat 25-Jul-20 08:13:05

If my OH had a sex change he might be content to fondle his own boobs in bed.
Illte That sounds a bit drastic! Hasn't he developed "man boobs" yet.? hmm

Grandad1943 Sat 25-Jul-20 00:21:37

Lexisgranny

During lockdown my DH has expanded his repertoire. His signature dish is no longer beans on toast, but the far more adventurous sausage, beans plus hash browns (from the supermarket). I feel blessed!

Doubtless, he feels that is far better than anything you may concoct to serve him Lexisgranny. ???

Lexisgranny Fri 24-Jul-20 18:14:36

During lockdown my DH has expanded his repertoire. His signature dish is no longer beans on toast, but the far more adventurous sausage, beans plus hash browns (from the supermarket). I feel blessed!

Curlywhirly Fri 24-Jul-20 18:03:06

Illte I laughed out loud at your post too! I can totally identify with it ?
If himself had a sex change then he could answer tbe landline and anyone ringing the doorbell (he always say it won't be anyone wanting him, lazy so and so). He would learn how to shut wardrobe doors and would realise that we have a dishwasher, which strangely enough is where dirty plates go rather than the sink!
If I had a sex change I would be able to do maths (I am absolutely rubbish), I would be able to go to the loo only once after drinking copious amounts (just how big are men's bladders?), and I would be able to barter in shops without getting embarassed.
Oh and to those that complain that us women are always making sexist remarks about our men, himself take the mickey about my love of shopping, my fascination with doing the laundry, my inability to discipline the dog (I always feel sorry for her) and my inability to understand the off-side rule. Doesn't bother me in the least, it's just banter.

Peardrop50 Fri 24-Jul-20 15:39:16

Lucca thought your post was a bit out of character, glad you're feeling better today.
Brilliant thread Kitty, so much to identify with and so many giggles.

Peardrop50 Fri 24-Jul-20 15:36:05

Illte 'fondle his own boobs', made me laugh out loud.
Eazybee and Pantglas still chuckling and I haven't got to the third page yet.

EllanVannin Fri 24-Jul-20 10:01:28

I love Phoenix's posts, they're a breath of fresh air.

sf101 Fri 24-Jul-20 09:47:44

Thanks kitty for a very humorous start to Friday. I used to love all the sarky banter at work but you always had to test the water first with new people in case they had that bit missing!!!

Lucca Fri 24-Jul-20 08:57:57

Thank you. It’s not half as bad a full on migraine. Just nausea slight headache and slight visual,disturbances, and possible grumpiness ?!?

kittylester Fri 24-Jul-20 08:53:04

Hope you feel better today Lucca sounds horrid.thanks

felice Fri 24-Jul-20 08:47:47

Nice thread Kitty, DGS is very diligent about putting the seat down and announcing he has done so to all and sundry.
I then put it back up,,,,,, small boys running full speed from the bottom of the garden leaving it a bit too late, well you can imagine the rest,,,,,,,yuck.