Gransnet forums

Chat

Grandpad tablet

(11 Posts)
Nortsat Sun 26-Jul-20 14:16:14

I agree the IPad Air is very easy to use.
My cousin, who describes herself as non-technical and is in her late 70’s is always on What’s-app on her iPad.
I have a male cousin in his later 80’s, who uses his constantly.

I am never off mine. ?

TrendyNannie6 Sun 26-Jul-20 10:46:50

Another for the iPad Air love mine,

michellemedlleys Sun 26-Jul-20 10:43:28

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

phoenix Sat 25-Jul-20 07:24:03

The kindle fire hd is good too, and I find Amazon tech support are pretty helpful.

BlueBelle Sat 25-Jul-20 06:34:23

If I could just add my 84 year old non technical friend handles the iPad fantastically If a problem comes up she rings me and I talk her through it or send an email with bullet points so she can refer to it in future

Jaceyduck Fri 24-Jul-20 21:33:42

Thankyou all very much for your comments I will look into the iPad Air and like suggested adapt it with just a few icons to start with.

Kind regards all and stay safe

Hellomonty Fri 24-Jul-20 20:11:10

The Grandpad seems to be a particular service for elderly people who are completely unfamiliar with technology and who would need severely pared down functionality to be able to cope with the device (and to protect them from potential scams). What they can access and do on it appears to be controlled by another (probably distant) family member in partnership with the subscription service help desk.

I would suggest that since you presumably live with your husband and are posting on Gransnet that you are vastly over qualified in terms of net savvy to need such a service. An iPad will be cheaper and have much better functionality for you.

NfkDumpling Fri 24-Jul-20 20:03:06

I can’t see what the subscription is for except on line support, but if you’re around you’ll be as good as someone strange on the end of a computer chat line.

NfkDumpling Fri 24-Jul-20 20:01:39

I agree with BlueBelle. I have an iPad Air. Its very easy to use if set up with just a few icons on it’s desktop. I feel sure you can make the icons bigger. He’d just need a news app - say BBC - and FaceTime to start with and build from there as he gets used to it.

BlueBelle Fri 24-Jul-20 19:51:28

Why not get an iPadair mine was £310 last year and no subscriptions or anything else to pay I ve no idea what the difference is

Jaceyduck Fri 24-Jul-20 19:47:51

Hi everyone does anybody have or know someone who has a Grandpad tablet. My husband has multiple sclerosis and has difficulty using technology. The tablet is £399 to buy but it’s then a £30 monthly subscription fee and I’m not sure what this is for and also he would like to browse the internet and I’m not sure if he can on this device. The company are not open to speak to until Monday so wondered if anyone can help.
Thanks