Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-Jul-20 06:14:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterdays experience at the opticians , was interesting , on entry sanitizer, temperature check on my my brow, before I could see the optician also the face mask which did not help, as to various screens etc , steaming up reading letters or symbols , but otherwise Ok but different .
Today, the bus to Bicester , cafe stop and a small shop , then return home .
Take Care ,
Mick

Kupari45 Thu 30-Jul-20 14:03:50

Good Afternoon all. We walked along the Prom at Tynemouth yesterday. I thought of you gillybob- you must be in that area as you often mention the foghorn.
I hope you hear about your order today.
I live further along the coast from you at Embleton.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

gillybob Thu 30-Jul-20 12:58:14

I have never tasted lobster but I am sure I would love it as I like almost all fish and seafood .

Who knows one day ..........smile

GrannyGravy13 Thu 30-Jul-20 12:46:26

EllanVannin I am not a great fan of any frozen fish/seafood but I have had frozen Lobster Tails from Aldi and they were delicious.

EllanVannin Thu 30-Jul-20 12:42:19

Just looked and they do Cote at Home, so there you are. Thanks for that anyway---it's food for thought.

EllanVannin Thu 30-Jul-20 12:37:23

Thankyou for solving that mystery Harrigran. My nearest Cote restaurant is in Liverpool, but worth a trip over if they serve a decent lobster. Their inspiration is from Paris with their bistro's and brasserie's. Don't think they'd deliver though.

maydonoz Thu 30-Jul-20 11:56:35

*all day yesterday,
3 yo

maydonoz Thu 30-Jul-20 11:54:39

Good morning all from a sunny Welwyn, Herts.
Just back from an early food shop as it's going to be hot.
Had an early start with breakfast over and washing on the line at 9am, but am still feeling tired after having DGD all day, she's very active now, nearly 3 to and has dropped her afternoon nap. Luckily DH is sometimes home to help .
with her so I have a break.
Have a good day all and stay well and safe in these difficult times.

harrigran Thu 30-Jul-20 11:41:12

EllanVannin, that was probably me that had the lobster last week. It was so good we decided we would order for this weekend too but sadly sold out. Cote at home do two whole lobsters with all the trimmings, just pop in the oven to warm.

moggie57 Thu 30-Jul-20 11:39:49

hello or mid morning hello... not a good morning .still feel rotten with cystitis. so another sample to doctor .more tablets .just had one course and still not gone....am awaiting removal of cyst on my right kidney .should have had it done in april.am in agony .dr says you have to wait ......lovely day though...

Legs55 Thu 30-Jul-20 11:25:26

@FrogLady yes it's my Mum, she's 91 & still lives in her own home. I'm keeping in touch with her friends & neighbours, phoning Hospital a couple of times a day. I will be happier when I have proper diagnosis & course of treatment.

Good morning all from sunny & windy Devon, planning to spend my day out in my garden. Maybe working, maybe just sitting chattinggrin

Have a good day all. flowers to all with difficulties in their lives smile

Jaan12 Thu 30-Jul-20 11:16:15

Good morning from a rather grey day with drizzle here in Fife but the weather is still quite warm. Still just going out for walks every other day and not venturing further yet. Doing a washing today and general housework. No gardening today unless the rain stops. Have a lovely day everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 30-Jul-20 10:40:13

Back again. All's well with the INR, thank Heaven. That's over until 24th of Sept. now when I'll have the 'flu jab at the same time. Speaking of which, there was a lot of wasted vaccines from last year when people either didn't turn up/bother or went elsewhere. Shocking. This year there'll be a queue up the road !

Well, Gillybob the time's getting nearer for MrG and this time it'll go ahead before autumn creeps in, they'll make sure of that x

Love the little cafe Urmston, my kind of place to have a nice little snack in.
Hope you get your water back soon Pantglas, at least you can soak your feet in the sea grin

Harrigran, you talking about lobster set my mind off again as someone here was having lobster last week and I wondered if anyone had ever had the whole frozen ones they sell at Iceland ? I've always been tempted but you get spoilt when all you've had is fresh. I do fancy a nice lobster salad grin

I'll have to be satisfied with Welsh belly pork, pots and cabbage today.

Thinking of Marydoll struggling on. It does make you realise how lucky you are when you come across those with many medical problems a lot worse than yourself. I'm forever thankful.

Thoughts to our temporary absent friends flowers
Everyone take care, enjoy your day and stay safe. xx

BladeAnnie Thu 30-Jul-20 10:35:03

Morning all from a very warm but overcast mid-Notts. My eye is starting to feel a lot better - still a bit bruised and puffy but not so sore. Hope your tummy is feeling better today Puzzler61. DGD took her first unaided steps yesterday as we were having a face time chat. It has been coming for a week or two but it was lovely to see. Sainsbury's delivery later this morning and we always have salad on the day the shopping is delivered. I'm not sure how this evolved because salad day always used to be a Monday!! Nice and easy whatever the day though. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Gingster Thu 30-Jul-20 10:28:35

Good morning from a beautiful, sunny Suffolk Coast. We have DS1 and family staying this week and they have swum in North Sea every day. They are off crabbing now so I’ve got an ‘Empty’ for a few hours looking after the dogs. Large French Briard and my little cockerpoo just had a set to. I gave them a chewy treat eat but my little pooch pinched the Briards one. I’ve separated them for a while. They usually get on well.

The weather is set fine for the next week, - tomorrow hitting high 20’s. Thats plenty warm enough for me. A little breeze here so quite comfortable.

Enjoy the sun, those who have it. We’ll try to send it northwards and spread it around a bit. ?. Pleasant day all. ?

Kalu Thu 30-Jul-20 09:51:01

Good morning all from Perthshire where it’s a dreich day too. I am watching 6 ducks go past in a row which made me chuckle as they too appear to be social distancing? plus a beautiful kingfisher perched on a branch close by.

If the weather clears up, DH will do the power wash I didn’t get around to and that’s about all we have planned for the day.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Greyduster Thu 30-Jul-20 09:44:42

Good morning, Mick and all GNs from, as Maple has said, a rather dull grey South Yorkshire. We had a very jolly dinner here with DD and her menfolk yesterday and sat out in the garden afterwards. They are off on holiday on Friday and GS is super excited. I have to ring our DS this morning. He’s not well and is on antibiotics for a kidney infection. Not like him to be poorly - he’s usually very robust. Nothing much planned here today. A slow start and even slower going forward I think! Have a good safe day folks.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 30-Jul-20 09:44:13

Morning all from an overcast yet warm South Notts. I ought to get the washing dome today as well as a few other tasks. Yesterday I had a successful foray to the shops and even managed to get everything on my shopping list - I had to go to five different shops like in the old days before supermarkets became commonplace. Luckily there was just one queue to get into one of them.
Hope today goes well for everyone, keeping my fingers crossed for gillybob and marydoll.

harrigran Thu 30-Jul-20 09:39:01

Good morning from a grey, wet NE.
Spent the whole day in the study shredding papers and tidying my filing. Taking a leaf out of my sister's book, they did this in the six months before BIL died and made searching for paperwork less complicated at the end.
Tried to do an order for restaurant standard meal at home, shock horror the lobster was out of stock, I had set my heart on lobster with frites and a chilled Puligny Montrachet.
Scentia do be careful on the bike, a friend of a friend 52 died at the weekend in Yorkshire while out on his motor bike.

Froglady Thu 30-Jul-20 09:19:18

A normal overcast and drizzly day in Blackburn yet again!

Legs55 - I hope things are going all right with your family member (is it your mother? I get very confused with the number of acronyms used in these posts) and that you don't have to drive all that way.

Grandmabatty Thu 30-Jul-20 09:11:35

Good morning All from a dreich Polmont. Rain and grey skies predominant today. I had a long lie after my busy days. I had a lovely time yesterday. I met a friend and former colleague for coffee in the morning, then an hour video chat with other friends in the afternoon and then my oldest friend and her partner came for dinner. Like busses, all three lots on the same day! Today is a 'me' day where I will tidy up the debris from last night and gently potter. No gardening unfortunately, unless it clears up. To copy others: if you are going on holiday, have a lovely time; if you are coming back from holiday, welcome home and put the kettle on ;if you live abroad, enjoy that sunshine ;if you're having a hard or difficult time, then? for you.

GrannySomerset Thu 30-Jul-20 08:59:00

Early start by my standards but I have a Zoom U3A book group this morning, prescription to collect and final preparations for DD, SiL and GD1 arriving this afternoon for four nights. Very over-excited and slightly apprehensive but no reason to think all won’t go well. Do rather feel we have to get these visits in while we can, because I expect further lockdowns as we go into autumn.

Thinking of Gillybob and hoping everything goes to plan and without the dramas of his last hospital stay, and also of Marydoll, who makes light of what is obviously a very difficult time. And the other posters who are having a tough time for various reasons.

Mapleleaf Thu 30-Jul-20 08:53:53

P.S. Fingers crossed for Mrgillybobs.

Anniebach Thu 30-Jul-20 08:51:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Mapleleaf Thu 30-Jul-20 08:50:07

Good morning,

It’s rather grey and dull at the moment, and has been raining earlier. It’s supposed to brighten up later.

Not a lot on the agenda today. Pilates shortly and a supermarket shop later. Otherwise a bits and bobs sort of day.

I like your “chamber pots” grandmattie, but I’m afraid they wouldn’t work for me as the tea would get too cold before I could finish it ?.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday Gelisajams. I’ve never been to any of the Scottish Isles, and they look so beautiful.

Well, I’d better sign off and get ready for my class.

Have a safe and happy day, and ? to all with struggles.

Puzzler61 Thu 30-Jul-20 08:47:55

Good morning Mick and all from Worcs, it’s sunny, plenty of white cloud, and there’s a wind blowing the trees I can see from my bedroom window.
Slept like the proverbial log last night and am getting into the day slowly ☕️ (mint). No appointments today so I’ll look at jobs that absolutely need doing. A walk later.
I have a finished jigsaw on the table so will choose another to start from my “lockdown” stash.
“BladeAnnie” I hope your eye swelling is going down and you’re feeling better. ?

Happy holidays ? to grans heading off today, and grans having long hols. in Spain.
I hope the rain stops for those living in the north of UK.

Take care all, especially those going through a troubled patch.
?