Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Sat 01-Aug-20 06:16:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early partly packed to start my journey up to Harrogate this morning.
Weather wise a clear blue sky here in Brackley this morning , just a tidy up before I go , which is a bus and train situation .
I will be meeting up with GN member and GM regular who lives there , have a chat and coffee before I do my planned break .
Will return to post on Tuesday , so my usual posters you know who are can take over .
Take Care ,
Mick

Mapleleaf Sat 01-Aug-20 12:02:34

Good morning all, (just)!

Happy Yorkshire day to you all. ?

A bit cooler today, though still very warm when the sun shines. We had quite a storm yesterday evening, though quite short lived. Sheet lightening, thunder, a gusty wind and heavy down pour. I thought it might freshen the air a bit, but it was still unbearably stuffy through the night, despite using the fan.

I decided to strip the bed before my shower this morning and glad I did, as I was lathered when I'd finished! ?

So pleased the op went well for Mr gillybob, gilly. You must be so relieved.

Looks like you are going to have nice weather for your weekend in Harrogate, Mick. Hope you enjoy it and the planned meet up.

I haven't read through all the posts yet, so apologies if I've missed something that requires a response, but will wish every one of you a peaceful and pleasant day. ?

Scentia Sat 01-Aug-20 11:30:25

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Actually in Nottinghamshire working at a children’s home but din is out all children are out so I am cleaning at the moment!! Oh joy?
I loved my motorcycle ride thanks beechnut I thought as a rider I would hate it but I have lost a lot of self confidence on the bike and in the car. Bleary I am still confident in DH he is a brilliant rider. We will be off up to Whitby on Thursday on the bike if the weather is kind to us. I always was a fair weather rider???
So pleased Mr Gilly is home and it all went well.

Take care everyone and stay safe ❤️

Purplepixie Sat 01-Aug-20 11:09:06

Good morning from a lot cooler and pleasanter East Midlands.

Good luck to the Gillybobs who have had a horrible time - I wish a speedy recovery to Mr Gillybob.

Serendipity22 Sat 01-Aug-20 10:58:44

Goooood morning everyone.... its sunny here in Yorkshire ... lovely morning despite the new lockdown !!

Today I am going for a picnic with my DD and GC .... I love picnics, this evening I am intending to do more editing on a book I have written.

Enjoy your day everyone, whatever you choose to do with it ....smilesmilesmile

Georgesgran Sat 01-Aug-20 10:53:48

Good morning from Durham - blue sky, but only warm today. Too hot yesterday and as said already, black sky by 9pm, spectacular lightning, bit of thunder, then rain! Does the garden good, but the weeds are already like triffids.

Good news on MrG - I’ve been trashing up and down to the (probably the same) Hospital for almost 5 years now with DH. Sometimes in and out in a couple of hours, or then a full day the next time and once last Winter it was 10pm before I could collect him, having sat in a freezing cold car for 2 hours. A couple of routine appointment saw him admitted for 7 and 14 days respectively.

Still here though and as of this month his chemo goes to monthly rather than weekly. His 5th course in as many years.
His friend had just arrived for a visit, so I’m off for coffee with a friend. She has some papers for me to witness, as her house sale looms nearer. 40 years in the same house and she’s a hoarder - already 2 massive skips filled!

Have a good day everyone and hope Mick enjoys Harrogate. I should have been born there, but Mum couldn’t make it home from visiting family here.
X

Feelingmyage55 Sat 01-Aug-20 10:44:38

Good morning from a sunny is north of Scotland. I had surprise visitors yesterday and was so happy. I was also relieved the weather was good enough to be outside as they live and work where the virus is a big risk. We had a lovely socially distanced afternoon.
gillybob. I am pleased your DH is home. Could you ask the hospital for a later appointment to allow you to open up. I presume he is going back to the ward. Might be worth ringing them.
Happy to hear so many of you are having visitors and a generally better time. marydoll. Good wishes as I see you are not feeling up to posting. Best wishes to all others who are reading but not up to posting.

cornergran Sat 01-Aug-20 10:40:20

delighted your husband is home gilly. Monday morning is a pain for sure but will work ou - it has to smile.

BladeAnnie Sat 01-Aug-20 10:30:08

Good morning all from a very warm but overcast mid-Notts. His lordship the cat has had his morning constitutional on the terrace/catio and has retired to the cool depths of his box. We had a huge storm yesterday evening - all of a sudden the sky went a really strange colour and the heavens opened. Mr BA is rubbing down windows in readiness for painting so I might just be on ladder-watching duty!! Whatever you are up to hope you have the best day possible and please stay safe x

EllanVannin Sat 01-Aug-20 10:07:29

Good Morning All x White Rabbits.
Pretty overcast after the one day yesterday. At least I got every scrap of washing done and dried as we had the sea breeze to accompany it.
No storms or rain to speak of just a coloured sky which looked threatening so someone copped it at teatime/early evening.

It shows how much tidying-up I do, or don't as the case was yesterday because I found 2x£20 notes which D must have left when she popped in on Wednesday ! They were peeping out from under my address book on the coffee table. She's done this before in various places knowing that I won't take anything off her, least of all money. Naughty.

I rang her up and she said she just wanted to top-up what I had because of the butcher and greengrocer taking cash only.

A usual quiet weekend---might do some ironing grin

So glad that all went well for Mr. Gillybob, that was such good news to think that he won't endure further pain. I just wish things would improve on the workfront for Gillybob x

Hope Mick enjoys his break, well done him. I'm quite envious really when I think back of my own trips. smile

Welcome to Jaggy64. The more the merrier.

Need some fresh milk so a quick wash and get myself dressed and organised.

Thoughts to poorly grans flowers Have a good day and stay safe everyone xx

GrannySomerset Sat 01-Aug-20 10:02:08

Enjoying the company of DD and family. GD1 and I went out to lunch yesterday - a real delight to be out with a chatty (and beautiful) 17 year old. The best thing to happen in the last six months!

Dear SiL has installed a new garden hose, which should ensure rain of biblical proportions for weeks, and done various small jobs which have been awaiting attention, so I am happy and grateful.

Tomorrow we have a garden visitation from some younger relations so hope the weather forecast is accurate.

Delighted by Gilly’s post and hope Marydoll and our other sufferers are improving.

Nortsat Sat 01-Aug-20 09:47:52

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a sunny east London.
Earlier in the week the BBC forecast one hot day (yesterday) and then the temperatures would “drop off a cliff”. Nobody told the sun that’s what the BBC had forecast, because it v sunny here.

When I do my grocery shop on line, I check the weather forecasts and plan our meals accordingly - lots of salads if it’s going to be hot weather and more vegetables and some slow cooked meals if the temperatures are going to be cooler.
Will I never learn ...?

Housework and on line grocery shopping today.
A takeaway, a bottle of wine and a film this evening.

Thinking of Cherry, Dragonfly, Bluesapphire, Maryd and Mr Gillybob. Have a lovely break Mick. Wishing everyone a good day and ? to those who need them.
Welcome Jag ?

Kalu Sat 01-Aug-20 09:21:02

Good morning all from Perthshire where it is a bit sunny/cloudy but dry. Black ominous skies last night suddenly so dark we had to put lamps on. A few distant streaks of lightening and rain later on.

Busy morning of tidying up and going through checklist as we close up the house before returning to Glasgow. Looking forward to seeing DD1 and girls later.

Pleased to hear Mr. Gillybob’s operation was successful and he is settled back home. Such a relief for you both gilly

A warm welcome Jaggy

Have a pleasant day all and a better one for those who are having difficult times.

mancgirl Sat 01-Aug-20 09:18:16

Good morning from an overcast Manchester. Our sun disappeared about 4pm yesterday but was very warm. Mick enjoy Harrogate, lovely city. Gilly glad the op for Mr G went well. Here's to getting your life back on track, you've had a tough time. Welcome Jag let us know where you're from. Have a good day everyone?

NannyJan53 Sat 01-Aug-20 09:16:18

Good Morning from a dull but very warm Black Country.

Not posted for a few days as we have been away in our caravan and no wifi on site. The weather was lovely and it was just good to be away, out in the countryside, cooking and eating outside

That sounds like it may be fun NanKate, I have yet to see 'Rocket Man'. May have to see if there is something similar here.

I obviously missed MrGilly was having his operation. Pleased to see it went ok and he is back home. Lets hope he recovers quickly.

Welcome to Jaggy I am sure you will enjoy being here, everyone is lovely

Grammaretto Sat 01-Aug-20 09:11:35

Big sigh of relief for the Gillybobs grin
Lovely news.
Hi to Jag too.

Susan56 Sat 01-Aug-20 09:11:10

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining.

Well the heatwave didn’t happen yesterday?got the lawns cut and the washing on the line then the rain started and continued on and off all day.

Putting up curtain rails and new curtains today.After five months the empty room is coming together nicely.Bedside cabinets being delivered on Thursday then it will be finished?

Welcome Jaggy??

So pleased Mr gilly’s operation went well and he is safely home again?

Hope Marydoll is feeling better today?

Sending good wishes to all absent good morningers?

Have a good day all.

Gelisajams Sat 01-Aug-20 09:07:50

Just popped back to read Mr G’s op went well. Great news and big relief after the previous problems.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 01-Aug-20 09:07:14

Morning all from a hot and sunny South Notts. It's going to be another scorcher, I fear. After a very hot day yesterday it lashed it down during the evening. A quiet day planned with the usual - reading, sewing and crossword.
You must be exhausted gillybob so please take it easy this weekend if that's at all possible.
Best wishes to all especially those with illness or worries.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 01-Aug-20 09:06:09

Good morning Mick and all

Mick enjoy your break in Harrogate, are you going to Betty’s Tea Roons?

gillybob pleased you have DH home, much better than being in hospital, but yet more work for you ?

Blue sky and looks like another hot day here in S E Essex .

We are off to AC later as GS was 12 yesterday. I was told to bring my swimsuit as I always forget on purpose it gets rather splashy in their pool for my liking!!!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Nannytopsy Sat 01-Aug-20 09:05:17

Good morning everyone! Welcome Jaggy. Where do you live?
It’s sunny in Suffolk with a bit of a breeze but a bit cooler than yesterday. Our kitchen has south facing double doors onto a big patio - it was over 30 C in there still at 8pm. We didn’t get any thunder so it’s been a very warm night.
Today’s the day! Haircut at 1pm.
✂️
Glad Mr G is home safe and sound. Onwards and upwards!
If Chelsea win, Wolves go into the Europa league so up the Blues!
I hope the day is kind to everyone!

Froglady Sat 01-Aug-20 09:02:02

Jaggy64

Hi Guys

Just joined and wanted to say Hi and to wish you all a lovely day x

Jag

Welcome to you. Hope you enjoy all the chat here.

Greyduster Sat 01-Aug-20 08:55:33

Welcome Jaggy64, and good morning to you!

Greyduster Sat 01-Aug-20 08:53:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Enjoy your trip today, Mick. I’ve ordered some good Yorkshire weather for you! Cooler than yesterday I hope. We had the mother and father of a thunderstorm yesterday evening with a torrential downpour. It certainly cooled things down after a very hot day. DD and her menfolk travelled down to Cornwall yesterday for a two week stay. It’s fairly quiet where they are at the moment but I don’t expect that will last. They are sensible people and will try and stay away from crowds. It’s rather overcast here today so we will try and get out for a walk later. Glad *Mr Gillybob’s” op went okay! Have a good safe day folks.

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 08:50:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Froglady Sat 01-Aug-20 08:50:11

After a lovely sunny day yesterday in Blackburn, it's quite overcast today but not really cold. And no there's breeze to speak of like there was yesterday. But it lovely sitting outside most of the day with my book again; I've missed being able to sit outside. I'd ordered a pair of small tables from Argos which were delivered yesterday but I'd already realised that I didn't need them as when I looked round my flat I had enough. The woman who delivered them told me just to go on the website and cancel and they would be collected again. When I looked there was a phone number so rang that, an automated response and explained I'd changed my mind. They'll refund me the money but they don't want the goods back! What! I'll wait until the money has been refunded before I dispose of them.
Off to town very briefly this morning to pick up a piece of clothing from M & S that I need in a hurry as have put weight on since the first lockdown, and then back home again until tomorrow.