Gransnet forums

Chat

Can find a Post

(11 Posts)
MellowYellow Sun 02-Aug-20 21:32:39

Thanks Aldom.

Aldom Sun 02-Aug-20 20:41:44

I've just read a post by MissTreeabout a PayPal scam. Thought you might like to look at the thread.

MellowYellow Sun 02-Aug-20 18:51:42

I certainly laugh at myself regularly!

Birdwatcher4 Sun 02-Aug-20 18:27:06

Oh dear I suffer with osteoarthritis in my fingers very painful if I have fallen asleep with my hand under my chin! wake up and can’t get back to sleep I think so many ladies on here suffer from sleepless nights.

I worry if I do any typing on my phone to order something that I will press the wrong key or amount of moneys with my problem fingers ? but it’s not funny really .

MellowYellow Sun 02-Aug-20 18:14:37

I could have kicked myself. I, too, am usually very careful, but it was the middle of a sleepless painful night of arthritis and my head was just somewhere else, I think, when I placed the order last week! My bank was excellent in responding to my concerns though, at some unearthly hour this morning.

Birdwatcher4 Sun 02-Aug-20 18:02:02

Thank you I understand , I am always careful about opening links it pays to be vigilant it's about all we can do with so many scams around .

MellowYellow Sun 02-Aug-20 17:58:06

Hi Birdwatcher4, that's cos I haven't posted it. After mentioning it in today's Good Morning thread and ringing my bank to report it I've had an email from the company concerned saying they've cancelled my order and won't take any further money (after I mentioned I suspected a scam). I can't prove it was a scam so I don't want to publish their name here.

Birdwatcher4 Sun 02-Aug-20 17:57:39

Thank you Beechnut but I looked all through the good morning posts but couldn't find I was interested because us oldies can't be to careful with emails and Internet banking of which I use both .

Beechnut Sun 02-Aug-20 17:43:58

Mellow posted about the scam on the Good Morning thread and then added to it further down the GM thread.

Birdwatcher4 Sun 02-Aug-20 17:36:39

Birdwatcher4

I read a post by a member called Mellow Yellow who posted about a bank scam and said she would post about it but I can seem to find it hope someone can help thank you .

Should have read can't find a post

Birdwatcher4 Sun 02-Aug-20 17:35:16

I read a post by a member called Mellow Yellow who posted about a bank scam and said she would post about it but I can seem to find it hope someone can help thank you .