Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone reading THAT book?

(211 Posts)
merlotgran Wed 12-Aug-20 10:13:17

Me neither! grin

It's been nigh on impossible to avoid comments and opinions in the media but I do agree that if Harry and Meghan have not colluded with the authors why aren't they suing the pants off them?

merlotgran Wed 26-Aug-20 14:06:04

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8663941/Meghan-Markle-sits-Gloria-Steinem-backyard-chat-voting.html

A smart move given the success of the recent drama, Mrs America. Bound to draw a bit of interest.

Why black and white, I wonder?

merlotgran Mon 24-Aug-20 14:58:47

Amazon are restricting reviews on Finding Freedom after some 'unusual activity.'

Apparently fans, known as the 'Sussex Squad' are writing their own positive reviews and voting on existing comments about the book to boost its ratings.

Amazon has now placed restrictions on who can review the title, with a message online reading: 'Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.'

grin grin

maddyone Mon 24-Aug-20 10:44:13

Ok Callistemon, I’ll have to stop using that one grin

Callistemon Mon 24-Aug-20 10:41:05

Oh I thought it might be Anne Widdecombe and the Brexit Party. I’d join that protest.

All these abbreviations become quite confusing.

Every time I see H&M I think of the chain of clothes shops.

Ellianne Mon 24-Aug-20 08:50:35

That is ironic grannysyb. Harry can't think for himself because M does all that for him!

grannysyb Mon 24-Aug-20 08:48:14

DH is reading the paper which has an article about the therapist that H and M use. He says that he is going to follow her advice ie: " think your thoughts and follow your wild heart!" Wonder how much one pays for this wonderful b.......t!

Lucca Mon 24-Aug-20 08:37:32

Oh I thought it might be Anne Widdecombe and the Brexit Party. I’d join that protest.

Grany Mon 24-Aug-20 08:11:40

Is it Andrew Windsor at Buck palace ?

Curlywhirly Mon 24-Aug-20 07:52:04

AW and BP? Sorry, must be a bit dim, can't think who they are!

Whitewavemark2 Mon 24-Aug-20 03:19:07

I see that there have been unreported demonstrations against AW at BP.

Paedophilia is the charge.

maddyone Sun 23-Aug-20 23:33:16

If it’s obvious that they’ve colluded in some way with the author of the book, then it’s not ‘good for them’ because it means they are bare faced liars because they have steadfastly maintained that there has been no collusion! Lying to the entire world is not a very attractive quality in my opinion.

Msbond Sun 23-Aug-20 23:29:20

Yes ive read it. It obvious they have coluded in some way either directly or indirectly and good for them. Never belived what the daily mail publishes any way.

Calendargirl Sun 23-Aug-20 07:52:35

Watched a repeat of a documentary about Sean Connery last night. He founded a charity to help young Scots in some way, can’t remember the details, but he donated his $1,000,000 fee from I think Diamonds Are Forever to kick it off.

One of the programme’s contributors made the point that Sean was one of those celebrities who quietly helped charities without fuss and fanfare.

If only H&M did likewise!

maddyone Sat 22-Aug-20 22:35:19

I haven’t seen any pictures except one of H+M, but if it’s a celebrity loaded event, then Meghan would certainly want to be there, and if they took their own photographers then that tells us all we need to know about Meghan.

But we knew it already didn’t we?

Kalu Sat 22-Aug-20 13:28:34

I so agree with you Annie

merlotgran Sat 22-Aug-20 12:34:31

Apparently the Baby2Baby charity event is a big deal and this one in LA is 'celebrity loaded.'

So are there any pictures of the other celebs or, unlike H&M, did they prefer to keep their contribution private?

Calendargirl Sat 22-Aug-20 12:19:24

Big colour picture of H&M in today’s Telegraph, page 3, handing out school supplies for a L.A. charity.

First engagement in person for the Sussexes since the LA lockdown, and they took a personal photographer to record the “hands- on event”

Heads down, low profile (not).

Even with masks on, fortunately we could recognise who they were.

Anniebach Sat 22-Aug-20 12:11:05

Buck House is a very, very large office and hotel for visiting
Heads of State

Lucca Sat 22-Aug-20 12:10:39

Anniebach

Diana didn’t like country, she loved town

Is that a crime ? I like to visit the country but I’m a townie through and through.

Grany Sat 22-Aug-20 12:06:46

Spend public money as if it's their own

Grany Sat 22-Aug-20 12:05:44

They don't fund their private lifestyle they use transport helicopters for their own private use spend public money as if it's their open MPs etc can't do this, how do they get away with it. Because nothing is ever scrutinised. RF get freebi holidays too.

Callistemon Sat 22-Aug-20 11:53:23

But the RF don't fund anything

Except their private lifestyle.

Did you fund your employer?
I didn't.

Anniebach Sat 22-Aug-20 11:47:17

merlot perhaps Meg should have a tent pitched on the
Hollywood Walk of Fame

Grany Sat 22-Aug-20 11:46:30

Yes would be good But the RF don't fund anything and where does Charles get money for M&H He gets 22 million given from the state owned Duchy so can more than afford to.

Anniebach Sat 22-Aug-20 11:44:36

Always one who turns a discussion into personal attacks