Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(7 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 13-Aug-20 14:57:05

Driven to despair! About to post message then Wham, Bam Kalamazam it disappeared, but I have every confidence my new Word app. will retrieve it from wherever!
Oh! and I still believe in fairies! grin
Good Health wine wine wine Might as well have another round; on me!
OoRoo

Jane10 Thu 13-Aug-20 15:04:10

Well you made it with this one Rufus2. Do you write it on Word then cut and paste on to here?
Things sound bad in Melbourne. Keep up your spirits or rather ?

Urmstongran Thu 13-Aug-20 15:15:59

Hi there Rufus! It’s darned exasperating isn’t it when that happens? Happened to me last week on the GM thread & I ended up posting a much shorter version (probably to the delight of some haha!).
?

Rufus2 Thu 13-Aug-20 15:16:21

Do you write it on Word then cut and paste on to here?
Yes, although it's a Word look-alike and free!
Failed once before, but then came back later with a message "we have retrieved your ..." Nearly fell off chair in surprise! hmm

Jane10 Thu 13-Aug-20 15:27:28

I used to use that free form of Word too but couldn't stand it and forked out for the real thing.
I just type straight into the comment box. Can you not do that?

Rufus2 Thu 13-Aug-20 15:49:34

Yes! but I found that was very unpredictable whereas normally if things go wrong at the GN end at least the message is retrievable from my "Word" save file.
Not this time; of course, it was the 13th! Fingers crossed; it's now the 14th. hmm
OoRoo

Grandmabatty Thu 13-Aug-20 17:15:55

Rufus2 that is very frustrating for you. A wee glass of red wine would help maybe? I've hurt my back lifting something heavy so I'm away for some paracetamol. See you tomorrow x