Gransnet forums

Chat

Have you ever seen a flying saucer or UFO? I have!

(88 Posts)
Applegran Mon 31-Aug-20 10:03:35

This morning I had to call Mr Apple to look at the flying saucer I could see on the horizon. It looked stationary and hovered above distant hills. On reflection, I decided it should be called a UFO - it certainly was an unidentified flying object. Then it moved, very slowly, downwards - it looked like a barage balloon - does anyone remember these? I don't know what it really was. Have you ever seen something really inexplicable?

Soniah Tue 01-Sep-20 12:53:22

I've seen more than one. In Hampshire about 40 years ago we saw some very strange lights in the sky, three of us saw them then next day it was reported in the paper over 200 had seen them and there was no explanation, then another time in Northamptonshire I was going to run an evening class and driving in country lanes in broad daylight when I saw what I thought was a Stealth plane , big, black, triangular with three lights underneath, huge. I stopped the car to look and realised there was no sound, got scared and shut the car windows ?then another appeared suddenly next to the first and then both shot off, I blamed the American airbase

Saggi Tue 01-Sep-20 13:21:38

Question..... why do beings from outer space visit us from millions/billions of miles away.... just to be ‘spotted’ by a loony...then fly straight back to their planet? Answers on a pin head please.

willa45 Tue 01-Sep-20 13:24:23

In early 1970s, we were living in Caracas, Venezuela. Our apartment had a terrace with a view of the city. My DH and I were standing outside on a clear night and we saw what looked like three unusually bright stars. To our amazement, the three began moving as one and traversed the sky from one end of the city to the other, in seconds. We stood in disbelief as this strange triangle of lights kept zig zagging across the sky, before disappearing behind our building. We ran to our neighbors next door whose apt. faced the other side. They laughed at first, but then we went outside and they saw it too. To this day, I can't explain what we saw. Has anyone ever seen anything similar?

grandtanteJE65 Tue 01-Sep-20 13:25:18

Well, I am one of those who have never seen a UFO, but I do remember the incidents Frankie mentioned. They were much talked about in the Glasgow area at the time.

I once saw a small black cube walk across a desk on its hooked claws. It was about an inch and a half tall.

I was sitting in my professor's study at University discussing my term paper with him at the time. I didn't feel I knew him well enough to ask if he had seen it too.

It had absolutely no connection to my term paper, which dealt with the varying interpretations of the story of Abraham and Isaac in Genesis, in Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

To this day I have no idea what it was. It felt real and not like an optical illusion.

RhysTaylor1 Tue 01-Sep-20 13:45:20

I've seen two UFO's. One very close by. Why do we think we are alone. Of course we are not.

MissAdventure Tue 01-Sep-20 14:05:58

I've only seen a black panther.
No UFOs. shock

GrandmaSkeggs Tue 01-Sep-20 14:19:43

Yes. When my DH and I were courting we saw what we thought was a craft going from left to right over a field. It had orange and white lights all the way round. A local Bobby also saw it and reported it in. It was picked up on radar and apparently it was going around in a circle which just looked like left to right to is us. It made the local paper too

Jaxie Tue 01-Sep-20 14:27:35

I saw something very bright, moving very slowly in the sky one dark evening. I rushed to tell my husband I’d seen a UFO and he identified it as the International Space Station which was reflecting the sunlight. I am sure UFO’s which do not originate from Earth exist though.

TrendyNannie6 Tue 01-Sep-20 14:54:41

No I can honestly say I’ve never seen anything remotely like a UFO I don’t really know how I feel about these sightings! There’s lots of things we don’t understand out there, so I wouldn’t laugh at someone who has seen things, but then I believe in life after death, so who knows, they could look like the aliens from the smash adverts years ago, I doubt that very much though, ??

Seefah Tue 01-Sep-20 15:19:29

My dad was a pilot, I was a pilot , and 45 years ago I watched something move fast across the sky ( too fast for any aircraft then) and then I watched it stop, reverse in a 90 degree curve and shoot off into the sky. We have nothing with those capabilities even now. My dad and I also saw a formation of lights quite low in the sky when I was young which moved slowly down the road , turned left, seemed to follow another road then shoot off. Two days later a man said a UFO had followed him down that road at the exact time we watched it. Again an aircraft could go that slow but could not accelerate that fast. We are so arrogant to think we know what’s out there. It’s taking millions of pounds and thousands of scientists worldwide to get rid of a bat virus.

Annaram1 Tue 01-Sep-20 16:01:48

grandtante
I am more interested in your small black cube than the UFOs. I wonder if you saw some sort of spider? Pity you did not ask the professor.

lefthanded Tue 01-Sep-20 16:23:39

Not a UFO, but something equally strange. About 60 years ago when I was on my way to school one morning I saw a mini tornado. It was about 6-8 feet tall, tapering from about a foot across at its highest point to nothing at the ground. As it moved it kicked up dust and gravel off the road. None of my friends saw it, and no-one ever believed me - but I know what I saw.

NannyC2 Tue 01-Sep-20 16:26:48

I have never seen one but no one could disprove that life elsewhere does not exist!
I did once see an enormous corn circle in a Wiltshire field, but it is known that these can be man made!

So many 'cover up ' stories around!

There's a lot going on which many of us don't hear about!
I just chanced on finding something quite concerning about a ‘Jurassic Park experiment’: where 750 million genetically engineered mosquitoes are to be released in Florida Keys in 2021 - The British-based firm Oxitec are behind the project that will test whether the altered mosquitoes can work as an alternative to pesticides to control the spread of diseases. We don’t know what could go wrong because EPA unlawfully refused to seriously analyze environmental risks.
Anyone else heard this?

halfpint1 Tue 01-Sep-20 16:34:40

Saggi , I don't think i'm a LOONEY , I had no interest or opinion on UFO's previous to its appearance in my life and that of my children who then took to drawing pictures of it.

However the one seen in 1990 was observed by a Pilot
flying a commercial flight and many many other people or LOONIES.
Best to keep an open mind you never know when you might
be joining us.

kwest Tue 01-Sep-20 16:59:01

Rudeness and sarcasm, whatever one's individual opinion of something have no place here.

Lulubelle500 Tue 01-Sep-20 17:01:55

Yes! We have friends who live near Salisbury in Wiltshire. Late one night, when we were staying with them, we were sitting in the garden talking. About 3 a.m. my dog started looking up and barking. I picked him up and he was shivering and whining. We all looked up and saw a cigar shaped object hovering overhead. It had very bright lights and stayed about fifteen minutes before rising up and disappearing.

fluttERBY123 Tue 01-Sep-20 17:06:10

In Buenos Aires in the 60s I saw half a dozen flying objects shaped like those bullet shaped bi-coloured pills, colour like a frosted light bulb. I was told they were UFOs. Never seen anything like them before or since.

Pollyj Tue 01-Sep-20 17:06:46

Yes, I believe I have. One night very late I was closing the blind in my daughter’s room when I looked out and saw these lights. Planes are high up, small, flashing, slow. These lights were just over the roof, there were three of them in a triangle formation and going really fast. I ran downstairs and out the front door but they’d already vanished. No idea what they could have been.

Pollyj Tue 01-Sep-20 17:09:27

Interestingly, I believe NASA really admitted the UFO sightings previously denied.

Pollyj Tue 01-Sep-20 17:09:42

* recently.

Theoddbird Tue 01-Sep-20 17:28:32

I have seen things. Often hovering lights....could never identify what they were so definitely UFOs

squirrel5 Tue 01-Sep-20 17:56:58

Abou t 25yrs ago,my friend was dropping me off at home after a keep fit session,when we spotted 3 lights in the sky,they were moving slowly,then all of a sudden my friends car engine cut out and the 3 lights whizzed off and disappeared,almost like they were draining power from the car,most odd!

starlily106 Tue 01-Sep-20 19:02:04

In 1965 my upstairs neighbours and I watched something in the sky for over an hour. This was at about 1 .30 in the morning, and this object was hovering up and down, it had a white light at the top, and a red light underneath. We were fascinated by it and were trying to think what it could possibly be, when suddenly it seemed to whizz away in a backwards motion so fast that it disappeared in seconds. We were still talking about it when it came back to the same position as before, still just as quickly. We watched it again for about 20 minutes, then it disappeared again. Never saw it again. Next evening the local paper wrote that it had been seen by hundreds of other people who had reported it. I still remember it vividly, and no, I wasn't drunk!

Phloembundle Tue 01-Sep-20 20:34:41

Lefthanded. What you saw was a dust devil. They are quite a common sight in some of the African countries I have visited, but I've never seen one here.

Jannicans Tue 01-Sep-20 22:32:53

The only UFO's I've seen are the kind I have in my sewing room waiting patiently to be finished.