Gransnet forums

Chat

Headbands with built in earphones

(13 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 03-Sep-20 03:03:11

husbands with built-in earphones
Elegran "Husbands" ? What an antiquated term! I thought this went out with "The Wife" which caused no end of strife on GN a couple of years ago; e.g. " I'm not a chattel,!" etc. etc.
Of course the current term is "significant other" which is gender- neutral, not intrusive about one's marital status and much preferred by us moderns.! hmm
OoRoo

grannyqueenie Wed 02-Sep-20 18:16:03

Elegran indeed!! ??

Newquay Wed 02-Sep-20 10:11:55

Tried to upload photo with no success. The ones I have are:-
Perytong bought from Amazon under £20. Excellent!

Elegran Wed 02-Sep-20 08:52:09

I misread the title of this thread as husbands with built-in earphones. There are a lot of those around!

JackyB Wed 02-Sep-20 08:03:46

Oh no. I just wrote a really long post and thought I'd pressed "Post" but it seems to have disappeared.

I have had the Bluetooth headphones for years. They cost €77 at the time so your pri e of 70 pounds is about right.

They are not absolutely flat and I do feel them after a while if I wear them in bed, as I sleep on my side.

But they are great around the house.

You can take them out of the headband and wash it, in fact I have thought I could make some headbands in other colours to swap and change about. Then I would make them with pockets to keep the "speakers" in position.

The constant adjusting to make sure they are directly over my ears and the occasional removing and replacing has meant that the wires have come loose once or twice. I asked DS to solder them back in position and everything has been fine since. As you can see in the photo I have had to unpick the casing and sew it back together again.

The only niggle I have is that the left hand speaker is sewn with green thread and the right hand one with red thread. Coming from a sailing family, this goes against the grain! Port is red and starboard is green!

grannyqueenie Tue 01-Sep-20 23:30:52

Thanks ladies, will investigate some of these options then drop some less than subtle hints for an upcoming birthday!

MissTree Tue 01-Sep-20 22:12:52

Like Doodledog I have some cheap Bluetooth headband ones from Amazon and wouldn’t want to be without them. So comfortable. I use mine every night for audiobooks. They keep going most of the night.

agnurse Tue 01-Sep-20 22:01:30

I use CozyPhones. I got them on Amazon. They aren't wireless, but I love them. I like to fall asleep listening to ASMR videos, and my CozyPhones are helpful on nights when Hubby is home (he works nights).

Doodledog Tue 01-Sep-20 21:19:16

I have the headphones, and they are good at keeping the noise to the wearer. Mine were about £25 on Amazon - no need to pay a lot, I don't think - you won't be listening for brilliant music quality.

Mine claim to be designed to be comfortable for side sleepers. They are the only sleep ones I've used so can't compare with anything other than normal headphones, but they are a lot more comfortable for sleeping in than either Beats wireless ones (the padded headband style) or the ones you get with phones.

Sunlover Tue 01-Sep-20 20:50:46

Think it depends how loud you have it. If I have music or white noise playing my husband doesn’t seem to hear it but he has asked me to turn the volume down when I’ve been listening to a book.

grannyqueenie Tue 01-Sep-20 19:07:31

I’d not heard of those, sunlover, certainly a better price, would my other half hear it?

Sunlover Tue 01-Sep-20 18:55:17

Have you looked at the Bluetooth sleep pillows? I have tinnitus and bought one of these so I can fall asleep listening to music or a story. Liking it so far.

grannyqueenie Tue 01-Sep-20 17:53:23

I’m thinking of investing in one of these headband thingies with earphones in them, so I can listen to music to doze off but hopefully without disturbing Grandpa Q,
Preferably blue tooth as I don’t fancy being strangled in my sleep with a cord! I’ve seen some online but am reluctant to pay £70 without being sure they will be comfy/do the job. Online reviews tend to vary from “marvellous, would not be without them!” to “dreadful, don’t waste your money!” Has anyone tried them, recommendations and comments welcome, thanks!