Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Friesday

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 04-Sep-20 15:12:22

Hi! Just lost another finished message. angry Hopefully the system will retrieve it one day.
Thanks for your message Megs Btw; What does your black emoji signify? Good luck, I hope! I found it on Google, but no explanation yet.
I've been very busy keeping up with our Zoom home study classes; a dozen friendly ladies and two other gentlemen!
This could go on for some time. VIC Premier Dan due to announce his Grand Escape plan on Sunday! hmm
Bad news! Our football Grand Final is to be played in Brisbane in October due to Covid; first time in 123 years!
Media is full of it. It's almost as bad as the FA Cup Final being moved to Ibrox Park, say! grin
Good news is that VIC will still get the pre-cup public holiday, despite the match being played inter-state. hmm

Jane August issue No.390 arrived yesterday; no change in cover price.
Hope you've dried out after your trek to St.Andrews ; all that Haggis probably kept you afloat! hmm
Running late after losing that message, but better luck next time!
It's now Sat'Day so Good Health, wine wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Fri 04-Sep-20 15:28:47

Rufus2 I missed your usual posts! But enjoyed Trafalgar, have a lovely Saturday.

Grandmabatty Fri 04-Sep-20 16:07:12

Hi there Rufus2 I wondered where you had got to! It is good to hear from you. Very changeable weather here so gardening has been abandoned and I've put the heating on too. I've had a quiet day and just awoken from an unexpected nap. Take care.

Megs36 Fri 04-Sep-20 16:25:32

Hi Rufus and all,
Glad allOk.BTW emoji not black, its a lady in a ?sailor ?cap , a small recognition of your Trafalgar post, Couldn't have travelled well!
Our U3A group is talking about using Zoom for meetings and speakers, I not too keen on the idea. Can you see my dinosaur feet.
Cheers ??????

BlueSky Fri 04-Sep-20 17:32:15

Rufus you are cospicuos by your absence! See we do care where you got to! smilewine

Jane10 Fri 04-Sep-20 18:36:39

Hi Rufus2- we had good weather for our StAndrews trip. I wouldn't have trusted that hotel to cook haggis properly. I can't remember if I posted the view from our room but here it is. We paid extra for a room with a view and got this.
The local GN zoom session is always enjoyable but it's just chatting we're not trying to study or anything.
Not sure what our local U3A is doing. I do miss the informal bridge group I used to go to. My two hospital volunteer jobs are suspended as are Aquafit classes and yoga. Back to the TV I suppose!