Gransnet forums

Chat

Busy doing .....well nothing..nowt...zilc h

(14 Posts)
morethan2 Tue 08-Sep-20 17:55:05

Anyone else have days like these.
I’ve got lots to do, lots that should be done, lots that must be done. I could even do something nice and I’ve got plenty of time to do it.
It’s been beautiful weather and I’ve wasted a whole day just faffing about aimlessly.
What a waste of a good day.
blush and a bit sad

Grandmabatty Tue 08-Sep-20 18:02:24

I've had a day of running around after my grandson so I'm definitely doing nothing tonight. I sometimes have lazy days and instead of bemoaning my laziness, I indulge them. I watch tv, read, snooze and play with social media. Usually I get bored so I'll potter and I end up doing more than I thought. However I don't beat myself up about a lazy day and you shouldn't either. I bet you do loads other days, so why shouldn't you have a 'nothing' day? ?

aggie Tue 08-Sep-20 18:03:33

Snap ! Just one of those days , which occur rather often !

avitorl Tue 08-Sep-20 18:10:53

Another one here!
During the main Lockdown I felt strangely calm and relaxed but since I've begun to do small things like going to a shop or a short walk I'm feeling really bored,fed up and no motivation to do anything.

merlotgran Tue 08-Sep-20 18:14:01

Same here. There's been plenty to get on with outside but I've done the absolute minimum and now I feel guilty that I've wasted a lovely day.

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-20 18:33:54

And me!!

Parsley3 Tue 08-Sep-20 18:41:58

I often have a day when I do heehaw without a blush. I am retired and I feel I am entitled to have a lazy day. I can be busy tomorrow. ?

MawB2 Tue 08-Sep-20 18:50:19

William Henry Davies

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Exactly!

PinkCakes Tue 08-Sep-20 18:54:04

I've spent the day faffing about, too. Wasted. I'm starting a new job tomorrow, though, so I'll be busy then.

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-20 19:25:15

I dont stand and stare maw - I faff about doing nothing but making myself look busy!

Luckygirl Tue 08-Sep-20 19:27:32

A bit of faffing about is just what the doctor ordered some days. Don't feel bad about it or the medicine does not work! grin

Spice101 Wed 09-Sep-20 01:08:19

As my Mother used to say "I'm so buy doing nothing I don't have time to do anything"

I often find myself in this state.

fatgran57 Wed 09-Sep-20 05:31:01

I'm busy doing nothing and I'm not finished yet!

Auntieflo Wed 09-Sep-20 08:09:08

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits"

A.A.Milne
(and me) grin