Gransnet forums

Chat

The award for the biggest numpty goes to...

(11 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 16-Sep-20 15:48:53

I felt like a complete idiot
Don't be modest Grandmabatty smile
Please put your photo on that other thread because I'm curious to see what another "Numpty" looks like!
I'm tired of seeing this one in the mirror every morning! grin
Good Health

Grandmabatty Wed 16-Sep-20 14:51:22

Sorry, that should read Grannygravy

Grandmabatty Wed 16-Sep-20 14:50:31

grandmagravy I think you win so far! ☺

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Sep-20 14:47:50

The first time I drove DHs new sporty Mercedes to a shopping mall, I pressed the wrong button on the fob and consequently it remained unlocked for the duration of my visit (four hours).

That was sixteen years ago and I still have not confessed?

Grandmabatty Wed 16-Sep-20 14:19:56

lovebeige I've also left the door unlocked occasionally but would never tell my children! Usually I'm on the ball but not this time. My name is a reference to Last of the Summer Wine and a character who was called Nora Batty. My mum loves that programme and is uncannily similar to Nora Batty. Her real name is Betty and my children called her grandma Batty as they couldn't pronounce it so it's in honour of her.

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Sep-20 14:19:56

Oops!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 16-Sep-20 14:13:17

Oh dear, I expect you feel as though you've lived up to your user name Batty but fear not, we all do daft things now and again. Only this morning when I went out did I realise that I'd not locked the front door and it had been unsecured all night damn lucky there were no burglars lurking, wasn't I?

A few years back I rang someone because the freezer door just wouldn't shut properly and I didn't know what else to do. Silly me hadn't noticed that it simply needed defrosting - the ice had built up. The lovely chap saw the problem in an instant and didn't charge me which was very nice of him.

Grandmabatty Wed 16-Sep-20 14:10:43

It is a washer dryer. In my defence, I bought all new white goods at the same time as I moved house and completely did up the whole house so the dryer pump needing emptied escaped me in the mayhem of decorating, new doors, new flooring, building furniture etc. And I've just forgotten about it til now! I won't forget again, trust me. Yes, I have access to a lovely plumber who is exceptionally helpful.

Esspee Wed 16-Sep-20 14:06:15

Is it a washer/drier? I assumed the condensation from the drier simply drained away like washing machine water.

Smileless2012 Wed 16-Sep-20 14:04:29

Good grief!! how did it last that long before it started to leak?

You've reminded me of someone I used to work with Grandmabatty who came in very annoyed because the new cooker she had delivered wasn't working.

Another colleague asked if she'd switched it on at the mains. I laughed and said "of course she has"; then I saw the look on her face.

Your plumber sounds great btw.

Grandmabatty Wed 16-Sep-20 13:56:27

Me! Water was dribbling from the washing machine. My first thought was 'major leak and rotting floorboards'. The lovely plumber I have came this morning and fixed the problem. The tumble dryer pump should have been emptied every two months to get rid of excess water. Confession time, I've never emptied it and it's two years old. In fact I didn't even remember it was there. I'm surprised it's not flooded me out before now! The lovely plumber didn't charge me and just laughed. I laughed too but I felt like a complete idiot.