Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Fri 18-Sep-20 06:12:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Again a twilight start but its dry and windy usual shop this morning .
Do a few other things later , before settling down to watch the cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

Jan16 Fri 18-Sep-20 21:55:40

Jaxjacky. Hi. Was it helpful?

Jaxjacky Fri 18-Sep-20 21:15:58

Jan16 yes, I’ve done one, in the last 6 months

Jan16 Fri 18-Sep-20 20:40:47

Ok. Thanks for your help

Marydoll Fri 18-Sep-20 20:29:26

Jan you probably won't get an answer here, as it's a daily thread.
You will get a better response if you make a new thread and put your question in the title.

Go to:
Forums
Health
Start a new discussion

Good luck.

Jan16 Fri 18-Sep-20 20:24:22

Hi. Just wondered if anyone had done an online CBT course? My GP has suggested it.

Urmstongran Fri 18-Sep-20 16:49:04

Brilliant news EV! ?

CherryCezzy Fri 18-Sep-20 13:56:03

Condolences to your DH gillgran ?

Woohoo Ellan, ker-ching! ☺️

Jamie Fri 18-Sep-20 13:46:45

Great news Ellen. Glad it's all sorted for you.

Susan56 Fri 18-Sep-20 13:45:49

Good news Ellan???

grandMattie Fri 18-Sep-20 13:19:29

How wonderful, Ellen. You can start to live again! All ready for the weekend flowers

EllanVannin Fri 18-Sep-20 13:03:33

He's been !! Yes, my phone's back on. Lovely chap who talked the hind leg off a donkey---couldn't get a word in edgeways as he told me the weeks news in an hour !

Apparently there had been a fault on the line but my phone just needed "waking up" he said. Everything to match, said I.smile

Kalu Fri 18-Sep-20 12:21:57

Good plan Stilllearning. I am also doing the cheery nest in preparation for whatever is ahead, possible lockdown/winter.
Halfway through washing all cushion covers and carpets shampooed. ?

Sorry you are still feeling seedy Gwen but worth putting up with for better health. A day sitting in the garden relaxing and reading a good book to take it easy today looking after yourself. ?

Stilllearning Fri 18-Sep-20 11:42:32

Another late good morning, I’ve been busy preparing for our local and very nice carpet and upholstery cleaner to work his magic on my carpet and living room furniture. I’ve decided that since it looks like a very, if not total, winter lockdown, I’ll try and create a cheerful nest for myself! Fresh paint and some new cushions and I hope that does the trick.
Sincere condolences to your family kittylester, such a loss with no time to prepare.
Your description of your early morning moment looking at the stars and listening to the birds Mellowyellow, was really lovely, I sat for a moment trying to ‘go there’ in my head, thanks.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 18-Sep-20 11:11:30

Good Morning all from a sunny (I think) HARROGATE. Might be sunny but there is certainly a nip in the air. Not sure what I will get done today, still pretty nauseous from heavy duty antibiotics, but it seems to be working
Kitty, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Gilly I miss your posts, please come back!

Hope today is a good day for all

Kalu Fri 18-Sep-20 11:09:37

Good morning from a beautiful sunny day in Glasgow. I enjoyed a very busy day taking advantage of the good weather yesterday clearing an area in the garden which I have decided would be the perfect spot for the two adirondacks I have painted, oiled some wooden bits. Went to bed exhausted and slept for nine hours! I knew I would pay for it but I am so fed up of being restricted by my ailments and have upped my painkillers, hence the nine hours sleep but worth it to allow, if not physically, mentally, a sense of achievement.

Sorry to read your sad news kitty. A dreadful shock for your DD and SiL ?
Pleased to hear you are feeling better Grammaretto. Happy birthday to your GD??

We miss you gilly?

Best wishes for a pleasant day all, especially to our friends MIA just now.

CaroleAnne Fri 18-Sep-20 10:56:33

KITTY.
I am so sorry to hear about your and your families sad loss. My thoughts are with you.flowers

Gelisajams Fri 18-Sep-20 10:52:38

So sorry to hear about your family's loss Kitty

Annaram1 Fri 18-Sep-20 10:51:33

Hi all, well as an owl and not a lark I am posting rather late. Its a lovely morning here in Sidmouth. I am sorry to read the sad news from a few grans. I hope all those with health problems improve rapidly.
Talking of health problems I have been told that my nephew's wife has gone to Moscow for surgery. She will be there for a month. She is not Russian and nor is anyone in the family. Apparently she lost patience with the NHS after they failed to fix her broken ankle after 2 years of hobbling about in a boot. She believes that Russian medicine is superior to British medicine and is hoping for a miracle. Apparently she has a host of other issues as well. It is cheap to go there and stay in a hotel with food and get the surgery, only £1800 all in. Has anybody had any experience of Russian medicine?
Take care all and have a lovely day.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 18-Sep-20 10:34:57

Lovely day here as the sun is breaking through and it is warming up. My Tesco order arrived and I had forgotten milk. I am torn between black tea and using long life milk - neither are comforting. I live in a tourist hotspot and it is still very busy so I am avoiding the local supermarkets. Some of the family are planning to visit next month and I am so looking forward to their company. They will stay in the annex as they have front facing jobs and want to be careful. There will be a lot of coffee in the garden and if it is cold I’ll give them some tasks to keep them warm!
I called the surgery yesterday to ask for my very belated blood test to no avail. I wanted my thyroid levels checked as they have always said how important it is to be taking the correct dosage.
gillybob we miss you. Best wishes to all for the best day possible in spite of “everything”.

gillgran Fri 18-Sep-20 10:28:20

Good Morning from a bright & breezy Cambs.,

Sorry to hear your sad news Kitty, I'm thinking of you, take care.
Not a shock, for us, but, although expected, we were saddened yesterday to learn of the death of my DH's 95 year old uncle.

Tonight we are off to our little home-from-home on Norfolk coast for the weekend.

Take Care, Good Folks

Urmstongran Fri 18-Sep-20 10:19:09

Indeed Maw ? but it gave me the push off from the dock I badly needed!

EllanVannin Fri 18-Sep-20 10:12:06

Good Morning All x.
Another sunny day but getting cooler now. so jumpers at the ready.
Sorry to hear of your loss Kitty, always a sad time flowers
Sark I hope your DD's headaches can soon be resolved as they're not nice at all and affect the whole body.

I've shifted myself this morning just in case the telephone engineer shows up.D got a text to say so, so we'll see !
Bed stripped and washing on and I'll whizz round the bedroom with the hoover.

Spent most of yesterday afternoon chatting to the neighbour in the garden. Weather's been too nice to be stuck indoors as there's plenty of time for that later on. I've sent for some " Cheerfulness ", fragrant daff bulbs. The scent is lovely from these flowers and I've got 3 tubs ready prepared but I'll have to watch the squirrels.

Washing ready to go out now so will carry on with the chores while the going's good as the fit takes me grin

Stay safe and well everyone and thoughts to our weary friends flowers xx

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 18-Sep-20 10:01:16

Morning all from a bright South Notts. I think it may be another warm day. Not much on today, may visit sister later if she's feeling up to it.
Sorry about your loss kitty.

CherryCezzy Fri 18-Sep-20 09:58:11

Good morning everyone from the Gower. It's an absolutely gorgeous morning here.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today Grammaretto. A very happy birthday to your DGD ???

Sending my condolences to your DD and SiL and all the rest of the family, including you kitty ?

Is the ironing winning the race Grandmafrench ? ?Seems you're winning with the weight loss, you too Urmstongran ?. I seem to have lost weight but put on fat ? ?.

All the best laid plans of.... and all that. My bedroom sort out is still waiting and put on hold now ?. Yesterday, typical me, I turned awkwardly and have done something to my back ?. I thought it might have been better after a night's sleep... but no, grrh! So it's a bit of gentle pottering and faffing for me today ?.

Since you're reading gillybob you know we're all thinking of you and miss you. I hope you return soon ?

Thinking of dragonfly and BlueSapphire. Know this both, we miss you and hope you are getting ? each day.

Take care all, stay safe if you are venturing out and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Georgesgran Fri 18-Sep-20 09:47:35

Good morning from locked down Durham! A misty morning but starting to clear now. Gardener here to cut the grass - handing over his money’s like a hostage exchange! Walk forward, leave envelope on table then step back - then he does the same to pick it up!

DH has a blood test at GP this afternoon - rang Wednesday but they had nothing for today, so I’ve thrown myself at their feet this morning and they’ve ‘found’ him a slot.
Still no word from last week’s CTscan to show if his treatment’s working or not. We’re on a knife edge here.

Sorry to hear some are grieving loss today - life really can be a bitch!
Hope everyone has the best day today, under whatever circumstances. X