Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you ever play guess the poster from the thread title?

(44 Posts)
seacliff Fri 18-Sep-20 17:30:48

I do, and for at least a couple of posters, I am usually right. Little things ....

Katyj Sun 20-Sep-20 16:35:23

Ha ,yes always guess Phoenix correct ?

Spangler Sun 20-Sep-20 15:36:24

Chewbacca Sun 20-Sep-20 10:54:47
I think posting about it on GN is their life though Spangler; it seems to pre occupy them to the exclusion of all else.

So true, about a month after I joined I received a most complimentary PM. Part of that message was that it had been noted how my initial flurry of posts had dropped off, quite dramatically. Messaging my thanks back I explained that it had alarmed me how much time I was spending on line. Something I'm not used to. You could call it the collateral damage of lockdown.

There's a further point to your comment too. Some people find it hard to interact with others and the internet has given them an opportunity to do so. Perhaps it's the lack of social skills that makes them come across as less interesting.

So shame on me for being so disparaging, even if only in thought and well done you for pointing it out in a way that is not the slightest bit contentious.

Lucca Sun 20-Sep-20 15:23:34

Equally when you see a thread title you know who will be thrilled and will leap on and say the same things they’ve said so many times before ! But that works for many people.

Chewbacca Sun 20-Sep-20 10:54:47

Whenever I see it I can't help but think: "Get a life."

I think posting about it on GN is their life though Spangler; it seems to pre occupy them to the exclusion of all else.

Spangler Sun 20-Sep-20 10:22:06

Poppyred

Yes! There are a handful of people obsessed with the same subject day in day out! Very sad really......

That is so true Poppyred, some subjects seem to be more prevalent to some on Gransnet. So much so that any subject gets twisted around to that which seems to annoy them most.
Whenever I see it I can't help but think: "Get a life."

Missfoodlove Sun 20-Sep-20 10:18:41

A huge yes!

I refuse to comment on certain posters threads.

Imagine them being at your dinner party guests...... not exactly a barrel of laughs.

Poppyred Sun 20-Sep-20 10:00:32

Yes! There are a handful of people obsessed with the same subject day in day out! Very sad really......

biba70 Sun 20-Sep-20 09:34:23

What is so much more fun, is posting a new thread and anticipating the reaction from some posters, as they are so predictable.

NfkDumpling Fri 18-Sep-20 21:12:50

phoenix

Ah, but, NFK, how do you decide what looks "phoenixy" grin

Your way with words is, well, sort of Tottering Gently By humour. ?

Chewbacca Fri 18-Sep-20 20:56:36

Thinking on the same lines Ramblingrose22; as you say, it's an obsession.

Ramblingrose22 Fri 18-Sep-20 20:51:19

Yes! There's at least one poster who mainly posts on the same subject so the headlines refer to it or to a closely related word.

This person is so obsessed that they often drag the subject into other posts wherever possible just to remind everyone (as if we need reminding!) about their views.

Very boring and predictable.

phoenix Fri 18-Sep-20 20:45:21

Ah, but, NFK, how do you decide what looks "phoenixy" grin

Marydoll Fri 18-Sep-20 20:42:09

Wow! You had sun???? ?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 18-Sep-20 20:41:10

Apologies marydoll definitely too much info. A full day of sun in the north of Scotland went to my head.

NfkDumpling Fri 18-Sep-20 20:38:16

I always click on anything which looks Phoenixy.

phoenix Fri 18-Sep-20 20:35:19

Curlywhirly that's very kind!

Marydoll Fri 18-Sep-20 20:26:23

Feelingmyage oh too much information, ?

We had a very elegant and prim depute head. One day she disappeared for a few hours. Had to go home for an emergency.

It turned out she had forgotten she was wearing a bodysuit, which of course was flapping. She went to the loo and you can guess what happened.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 18-Sep-20 20:17:08

Yes! Part of the fun. phoenix. Always guess yours. Not the point of the thread and should probably be in the ‘senior moments’ thread but I do wish I had pulled my pants down when I went for a very sleepy wee in the middle of the night last week. There is a first time for everything.?

Curlywhirly Fri 18-Sep-20 20:16:34

I'm hopeless at it, but I do usually know if it's a Phoenix post, they are usually amusing and tongue in cheek, and a pleasure to read. ?

Callistemon Fri 18-Sep-20 20:12:22

Yes!

I do like gammon.
Must order one next week (not too large though).

With cauliflower cheese.

phoenix Fri 18-Sep-20 20:06:38

Callistemon! How spooky! Mr P has requested gammon on Sunday.

Were you referring to my ancient "cursing the gammon" thread, by any chance?

Callistemon Fri 18-Sep-20 19:53:51

Yes.

Is it time to get the gammon on yet?

Riverwalk Fri 18-Sep-20 19:48:49

Yes, some thread titles are so obviously from certain posters.

And some threads are obviously fantasies or just plain p*ss-taking.

Hard to take many threads seriously to be honest.

Grandmabatty Fri 18-Sep-20 19:34:07

I'm fairly new but it's becoming obvious who certain posters are from their title. I'm also becoming aware of some and their idiosyncrasies, to be polite.

phoenix Fri 18-Sep-20 19:24:42

I suppose I'm guilty of thread titles such as "So I pulled my pants down.."

Lucca "nemesis" implies something that might kill me (Could be wrong on the definition) but I can assure you that it will not!