Gransnet forums

Chat

Boris can't afford a nanny

(100 Posts)
GagaJo Sat 19-Sep-20 23:56:07

Poor man. Life is so hard when you have to manage on a budget.

uk.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-friends-believe-worried-121834955.html

quizqueen Sat 26-Sep-20 13:58:39

I'm sure not many people want to take on a more difficult job for less pay, do they? If they choose to do that, surely they should be commended!

Anyway, the rewards in a later role re speaking opportunities will be great, if past prime ministers are anything to go by. Blair's certainly made his millions, maybe Jeremy may buy a second allotment.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 26-Sep-20 13:48:57

trisher

It isn't just gossip when it involves cheating and ignoring responsibilities. Yes anyone can have serial relationships, but anyone with any integrity or real feelings does it with care and concern for all involved. When it involves cheating and deception it indicates someone who is untrustworthy. When there are other actions in that persons life which show the same traits it really is extraordinary that they are regarded as suitable to lead or govern.

Who in their right mind would employ Johnson?

Apart from his highly questionable morals, which you could argue is entirely his affair, his record as an employee and politician is probably one of the worst in parliament.

GagaJo Sat 26-Sep-20 12:46:26

Exactly Trisher. Spot on.

trisher Sat 26-Sep-20 11:00:40

It isn't just gossip when it involves cheating and ignoring responsibilities. Yes anyone can have serial relationships, but anyone with any integrity or real feelings does it with care and concern for all involved. When it involves cheating and deception it indicates someone who is untrustworthy. When there are other actions in that persons life which show the same traits it really is extraordinary that they are regarded as suitable to lead or govern.

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 23:12:36

Thanks Oops I wondered if I had imagined it??

Furret Fri 25-Sep-20 23:12:34

lemongrove

I don’t mind a bit of gossip....but don’t dress it up as anything else.?

So?

Oopsadaisy4 Fri 25-Sep-20 21:46:37

Lemongrove yes I was a 3, now I’m 4 , I closed the account for a while and came back but couldn’t keep the original name.

GagaJo Fri 25-Sep-20 19:46:43

Boris.

Callistemon Fri 25-Sep-20 19:45:17

This is gossip and tittle-tattle
Boris has form but it's not very pleasant for the young woman named if it's all innuendo.

Callistemon Fri 25-Sep-20 19:42:25

I'm getting lost now.

Boris or Jeremy?
Both of them?
Carrie?

GagaJo Fri 25-Sep-20 19:36:36

I also heard this lemongrove. Another affair. It's being reported in foreign media.

vegansrock Fri 25-Sep-20 18:23:54

But its true Carrie is staying at a 5 star Lake Como Hotel - and its also true JC is not of any significance in the political arena - if everyone knows about it why repeat it? Its not related to this thread.

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 18:07:32

.....but my bit about Corbyn is true and old history that everyone knows about.

Ooh, very harsh ‘not about anyone of any significance’ ( poor Jeremy.)

vegansrock Fri 25-Sep-20 17:26:09

Lemongrove I said it may be shallow gossip, you are indulging in gossip on here too. I said if a Russian oligarch was paying for it, or if it affect Johnson's role as PM, then it would cease to be gossip.
Corbyn was such a bore with only having three wives and a few affairs = gossip - and not about anyone of any significance.

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 17:21:16

I don’t mind a bit of gossip....but don’t dress it up as anything else.?

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 17:19:47

Whitewavemark2

Are they still together? Only she didn’t turn up at the Battle of Britain ceremony and all the other wives/girlfriends turned up.

Gossip.

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 17:19:19

Furret

Heard rumours that the relationship is on the rocks.

Gossip.

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 17:18:56

vegansrock

meanwhile...Carrie is holidaying with 3 friends at a 5 star hotel on Lake Como. Costs £600 a night! She must be getting good maternity pay or is someone else paying?

Gossip.

Callistemon Fri 25-Sep-20 17:11:32

^I read it was £600 a night, but it may be up to £6,000 a night
by the end of the thread^
It's called inflation, lemongrove

trisher......Corbyn was such a bore with only having three wives and a few affairs.
grin

Whitewavemark2 Fri 25-Sep-20 14:39:06

It isn’t gossip, it’s absolutely a legitimate expectation on how we expect our prime minister to behave.

He is a morally bankrupt liar who is contemptuous of our age old democracy and institutions.

vegansrock Fri 25-Sep-20 14:26:48

Who’s paying for Carrie’s holiday? If it’s Johnson, he can hardly plead poverty. If it’s a friendly Russian oligarch then the public have the right to know. Yes, it could be shallow gossip, but those up there on the moral high ground - is it chilly up there? Are you sure you have never commented on anyone in the public eye’s clothes/ hair/ relationships/ character ? I think it unlikely. Evidence is in this thread.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 25-Sep-20 14:19:37

Trisher you forgot “a known liar“

Pantglas2 Fri 25-Sep-20 14:14:32

Meghan has also dumped a husband and her family by her mid thirties so she’s on target to match Boris!

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 14:13:27

trisher

Oh come on Callistemon you have to admit Boris has such a colourful past it's the stuff of soap operas. Numerous partners, uncounted children, encounters with women who benefitted financially. He's the gift that keeps giving.
I do have some sympathy for Carrie, but she's a grown up and sholud have known better.

I agree trisher......Corbyn was such a bore with only having three wives and a few affairs.

lemongrove Fri 25-Sep-20 14:10:51

Oopsadaisy4

After seeing Carrie in the news papers on her getaway to The Italian lakes in a £900 a night hotel, I’m very far from sorry for Boris.
Sounds as though Carrie can afford a Nanny even if Boris can’t.

Oops didn’t you have a 3 after your name recently, what happened??
I read it was £600 a night, but it may be up to £6,000 a night
By the end of the thread.?