Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(5 Posts)
Rufus2 Mon 21-Sep-20 14:00:58

Hi! Good news! We’ve had our “best”day since June in terms of only 14 new cases yesterday. Sadly 4 deaths’
News from UK gets worse by the day! How is this so given that Covid has been around long enough for people to recognise that it’s deadly!
We have another pandemic, Academics! I’ve never seen so many Professors giving us the benefit of their wisdom!, Professor, Associate P., Assistant P. followed by Adjunct P. Emeritus P.
Every media outlet has a team of such experts. It must be coming up to their grant-approval season!
We’re in for a chilly wet week according to our attractive TV presenters, but our Wisteria is looking magnificent this Spring after a wetter Spring!
rafichagran If you’re not Irish then I’ve definitely muddled things up confused

Jajacky Our newspaper columnist gave us a rundown on various well-known “bombs” last week-end. He didn’t refer to the one stuck in my brain, Leyland P76.
When we left England, we gave up a “Classic”, the bigger version of the Anglia (I think). Not very popular, but therefore cheap second hand!
We have (a Mitsubishi SUV; auto, of course) something that Vera, (and me!) could get into and out of without having to crawl. Although I haven’t drive it for 6 months (nowhere to go), it’s still registered and insured. I’ve always said that I’ll be devastated when I’m not allowed to drive, but at least it’s still my decision and nobody else’s.

Very quiet this evening! I wonder why.?
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Megs36 Mon 21-Sep-20 16:33:08

Hi.* Rufus,* only consolation here is the beautiful weather continues, put daffs and tulips in pots today and found some crocuses already coming up, hopefully a nice Spring garden??. Bit worried that my husband will have to be shielded again, just started a trip now and then to supermarket, we know how to have fun! Still very few in house though.
Cheers?????

Jaxjacky Mon 21-Sep-20 16:50:32

Hi Rufus glorious day here, we have one last sunny, temperate day tomorrow, before the wet and temperature drops. So, we’re going out for dinner, not a common event for us, just thought might as well, while we can ?
The Skoda is a small SUV, you’d be ok getting in and out of that!
We, Hampshire, have had 14 new Covid cases in the last 24 hours..population is about 1.3 million, awaiting tomorrow’s government statement.
But, The sun is shining and we are off to the pub to meet a friend for a socially distanced, hands anti bacced, drink. Might as well do what we can while we can.

rafichagran Mon 21-Sep-20 19:42:04

No Rufus not Irish either. Glad the new cases for covid are going down but as you say any death is sad.
Take care.

Jane10 Mon 21-Sep-20 22:23:32

Evening Rufus2. Things not great here. Huge jump in active virus numbers in Edinburgh. 2000+. Worrying. Not sure what more I can do though, or rather what less I can do. I already look on doing the cleaning as a treat as it's a nice change from doing nothing but reading and watching TV.
Glad things seem better with you. I bet your garden looks lovely.