Gransnet forums

Chat

Not anticipating much sleep tonight...?

(13 Posts)
returnofflyinghandbag Sun 11-Oct-20 12:48:20

It was the scariest film I've ever seen... I ended up watching a drama called Ackley Bridge with my mother at midnight to take my mind off it. Still jumpy this morning. X

Gingster Sun 11-Oct-20 08:58:34

Omg. Just watched the trailer and I’ve got spine tingles. How did you watch that on your own ?

Aldom Sun 11-Oct-20 08:48:12

I know exactly what you mean FH. In 1965 I watched an Alfred Hitchcock psychological thriller. It made my blood run cold with fear. The story was about a serial killer and a nurse. I'm wondering if any GN followers remember the film. I don't remember the title, but have never forgotten the content of the story.

gmarie Sun 11-Oct-20 08:31:23

It's after midnight in California and I can't sleep, either, but it's because I have a headache. I seem to be getting them much more frequently these days. Is that happening to any of you?

ROFH, I hope you got some rest! I can't watch scary movies before bed, either, and don't watch gory or overly violent ones ever if I can help it.

Liljan Sun 11-Oct-20 07:42:35

Last horror I watched was in 1989...it scarred me for life! I watched my octopus teacher, thank you gnet for the recommendation, it was wonderful (but sad).

mokryna Sun 11-Oct-20 00:41:52

I don’t know how you could even think of watching a horror film at any time, as they always come back to haunt me another time. I watched Inspector Montalbano this evening

MissAdventure Sun 11-Oct-20 00:25:28

Oh, I do love a good horror film, even though I'm a bit of a coward.
The trailer's good.

returnofflyinghandbag Sat 10-Oct-20 23:53:42

Grannynannywanny, I watched the film around 9 o'clock, long before bed but I'm still terrified! X
crazyH, that's a very very tragic story, I avoid things like that as they upset me for weeks afterwards. X
Kaly, could you send me a real toilet please? And a sink, I don't want to go downstairs while everybody is asleep! X
flowers

Kalu Sat 10-Oct-20 23:42:35

??

crazyH Sat 10-Oct-20 23:39:41

?
Oh ROFH - - I've just watched a Documentary of a Family Annihilator.....I'll be thinking of his beautiful wife and 2 cute little girls tonight..... sad story ?

Grannynannywanny Sat 10-Oct-20 23:39:26

returnofflyinghandbag your neck and shoulder pain might be due to sitting tensed up watching a scary movie that you should have avoided before bed.
On a positive note it sounds like it has taken care of any possible constipation problems!
I avoid scary movies especially before bed. Try some nice relaxing music instead.

returnofflyinghandbag Sat 10-Oct-20 23:32:41

Here's the trailer for the film. X

returnofflyinghandbag Sat 10-Oct-20 23:23:31

Hi all,
I have a very bad pain in my shoulder, neck and back and no idea why. I also watched a very very scary film called "The Curse of La Llorona" which frightened the šh¡tę out of me, I'm in a jumpy state anyway because of the pain so I have absolutely no idea why I watched it.
It wasn't blood and guts, it was more of a psychological, suspenseful, unsettling type with a lot of jumpscares.
I was so upset by it I have took a large handbag and put snacks and a drink in it so I don't have to go downstairs on my own in the night. I don't know what to do about the loo thoughgrin. X