Gransnet forums

Chat

official TV licencing don't help themselves

(6 Posts)
Georgesgran Fri 16-Oct-20 12:48:24

Pay monthly here - also for both DDs, as part of their birthday/Christmas gifts. No need for any ‘communication’ as my bank statements would show payments current.

Charleygirl5 Fri 16-Oct-20 12:44:24

I decided against that tanith because it will be friends looking after my affairs and the last thing they will think of will be me paying my TV licence and retrieving some money.

grannysyb Fri 16-Oct-20 12:43:56

Are you sure the email is genuine? Before they wrote to me I had several scam emails from "tv licencing." Ours was free before as DH reached 75 some years ago. I signed up for new licence by post.

tanith Fri 16-Oct-20 11:51:38

Mine is automatically renewed I just get a email telling me it’s been renewed each year. Saves all the faff.

Charleygirl5 Fri 16-Oct-20 11:23:52

I managed to pay for mine online because I was not sure which of my three paper requests was actually genuine.

I had no problems and I only did it a week ago so maybe have another try today?

infoman Fri 16-Oct-20 10:16:08

Had an e-mail from TV licencing saying sorry you are having problems paying your TV licence,something dodgy me thinks.
What happened back on the last day of September(sixteen days ago).
I could not pay for the TV licence through the internet,
I sent an e-mail saying that the TV licence web page was down and how do I pay for the licence,the reply arrived today(16 october).
Saying please provide address etc. etc. etc.