Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(76 Posts)
12Michael Sun 18-Oct-20 06:20:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but also dry here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday, did not quite go to plan , I had my pork slices in a bap and came over shortly after with a cold sweat ,and wanting to be sick , anyway I was feeling weak , but got the bus ,although breathing was hard , watched V to concentrate, it helped sick a few times bringing up flem ,and the stuffing I had, relaxed with sweating .
Starved myself would have had a Chinese Take away , anyway OK now after a restful night .
I did enjoy watching the latest Freeview Channel 11 Sky Arts where I watched the history of the Motown label .
Today apart from a small shop, will watch a combination of the Giro ,and Tour of Flanders something like 8 hours viewing including the women's of Flanders.
Take Care ,
Mick

CherryCezzy Sun 18-Oct-20 15:31:52

I've finally had the opportunity to read this lovely thread only to find that so many of you have not had a good Saturday and are not having a lovely Sunday either.

Sorry to hear that so many are in the sick bay at the moment ???????? for you all.

Sending ? to you too grandMattie. I think that elastic is strong, I know you will miss your DS but he will return.

Keep strong everyone and be kind to yourselves ❤️

EllanVannin Sun 18-Oct-20 12:52:44

Oooh just noticed a Catherine Cookson film I haven't seen---" The Fifteen Streets ". Drama ch.20 @ 3.10. That'll do me.

Insides doing nicely now ladies, thankyou, a bit of a digestive disturbance more than anything I think as I was clogged up with wind. The system isn't as efficient as it used to be but it's a nuisance while it lasts.

CherryCezzy Sun 18-Oct-20 11:59:49

Good morning (just) everyone from a greyer than yesterday Gower.

I haven't had the opportunity to read through the thread yet so I hope everyone is alright.

Popping in to wish Sark a very Happy Birthday ? ? ?. Have a wonderful birthday Sark.

Grandmabatty Sun 18-Oct-20 11:49:40

Parsley3 it is very dreich, isn't it? It's nice to see another Forth Valley person on this thread.

hollysteers Sun 18-Oct-20 11:41:49

Good morning Michael and all, very dull here in Suet on Sea on the West coast. Dullness has its compensations as I have finally tackled the corner of my sons bedroom which was like an abandoned workshop in miniature. As he is in his own flat. I am putting it all in the garage, it’s rightful place. Now if it was a lovely day, I would feel obliged to go out. I always wonder, when I fly, why we have to have so much leaden cloud when it’s bright blue above...
Then I will clean my seed holders for the birds as they are completely clogged up, horrible job.
Looking forward to another episode of “Us” tonight. It’s a thrilling life!?
Thoughts to all those with worries and troubles.

Taichinan Sun 18-Oct-20 11:22:47

And finally ........ So glad your op is proving to have been a success Annsixty and that the post-op is coming along nicely - a new age Bionic Woman! Marydoll labyrinthitis is horrid so much sympathy to you. As if you don't have enough to contend with. I did have a little chuckle though, as I read it as babyrhinitis and wondered what on earth that was! Sorry ?

Parsley3 Sun 18-Oct-20 11:06:41

Good morning to everyone from a dreich Forth Valley but there is a hope that the weather will improve later today. Meanwhile, I am watching busy little coal tits at the window feeder.

Purplepixie Sun 18-Oct-20 11:06:00

Good morning from a cloudy, damp and grey East Midlands.

So good of you Urmastongran to let us know about the sun being up again. Can you please send some over here to cheer us all up. Also great to hear of your wonderful plans for the day.

LauraNorder Sun 18-Oct-20 11:01:48

Good morning Mick, hope you’re feeling much better by now.
Morning everyone else from the beautiful Isle of Anglesey where the sea is sparkling under a blue sunny sky or so Mr Norder tells me. I haven’t surfaced yet. Taichinan, I don’t believe there is anything in the retirement handbook that says we need to be up at the crack of dawn, although I do have a secret admiration for those who are.
Very happy birthday Sark, enjoy your day.
Glad to hear your mobility is improving Annsixty, must feel good to know it’ll get better and better.
I can relate to your frustration Scentia, I do that to my back now and again, really hurts and slows you down. Thank goodness it passes eventually.
A dose of care and sympathy for Marydoll and all the rest in sick bay today, hope the day gets better.
grandMattie your reflection on the elastic we hope brings them back sometimes brought a tear to my eye, be brave today.
Thanks for the little bit of sunshine brought to us each morning by our friends in warmer climes, certainly brightens my day. Sorry the horrid hunters are about GrandmaFrench, we suffered the same when we lived in Lot-et-Garonne, they also used glue on tree branches to trap tiny birds, a barbaric practice in an otherwise beautiful and civilised country. Don’t understand it.
Had hoped the remaining doghouser would be back by now. Perhaps tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Big fat hug to anyone not feeling well, feeling fed-up, feeling lonely or worried and all the brave that just crack on.
Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.

Kalu Sun 18-Oct-20 10:46:15

Good morning everyone. It’s a grey day here in Glasgow Marydoll. I will give you a weather report until our latest newbie arrives. Sorry you are having such a rotten time of it ? I didn’t realise Flying lived so near us.

Hope you are feeling a bit better Mick It’s such a horrible feeling. You too EV. I like that you don’t want to disturb the cats. ? I have a similar problem, can’t make up the bed as Footer is out for the count on top of it.
Happy birthday Sark??
I know that feeling when our AC leave Grandmattie. Very stoic waving goodbye, I remind myself DD2 is healthy and happy as a coping mechanism. ?
I like your ‘what the heck’ attitude Baubles??. Decorated gardens will raise some smiles during this gloomy time.
So pleased to hear how well you are recovering annsixty. At this rate that ‘new woman’ will be emerging in no time. ?
Good morning to our last remaining Doghouse friend. Hope it won’t be much longer until you are back with us where you belong?

I can’t think what may need done today so I will relax for a while until I remember. No rush.

Have a good Sunday everyone and best wishes to those with whatever is troubling you.

Mapleleaf Sun 18-Oct-20 10:44:52

Morning all,

Hope you recover fully soon, Mick - stick to something light today.

Happy birthday Sark ????

What a thoughtful daughter, Ashcombe, the flowers are gorgeous.

I hope you, too, feel brighter as the day wears on EllenVannin and the sickly feeling passes.

A few more jobs in the garden today whilst the weather remains dry. It's light cloud here in South Yorkshire, no sunshine, so very similar to yesterday. (Though the sun did put in a brief appearance later in the afternoon, so might do so today).

To all feeling unwell, sad or worried, I send you my best wishes. Take care all.

Taichinan Sun 18-Oct-20 10:28:08

Back in again at the end of page 1! So sorry to hear of that bout of food poisoning Mick but glad you're over it quickly. Love the flowers Ashcombe -. HQ have rallied and they only appear once now! Grandmattie this will be a tearful, sad day for you, but I'm so glad you had such a lovely time with all your chaps together yesterday. Safe travels to your son ✈️. And Happy Birthday! Sark - enjoy your turkey.?

Toyoungtobeadamnedgran Sun 18-Oct-20 10:20:40

Happy Birthday Sark ???
Hope you have a lovely day

Wishing everyone else a pleasant Sunday
Stay Safe and warm x?

Stilllearning Sun 18-Oct-20 10:09:17

Your not you're! That's what I get for not checking!

brook2704 Sun 18-Oct-20 10:08:02

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a cold start to the day but the suns out now and we’ve got a clear blue sky. A really lovely autumn type day. I think I’ll be in the garden later picking up leaves and generally tidying up
A very Happy Birthday sark I hope you enjoy your special day???
And for all our posters who are feeling poorly today, I really hope things get a little bit better soon - please look after yourselves and have a restful Sunday
Starting tomorrow we’ve got the second week of the school half term holidays here so I’ll be busy again looking after the DGC - but I wouldn’t change it for the world!
Hoping Sunday is kind to everyone, take care all whatever the day brings ?

Stilllearning Sun 18-Oct-20 10:07:59

Another good morning from S Lanarkshire. So many people not feeling good this morning, best wishes to them all. You're flowers are really lovely Ashcombe and the thoughtfulness behind them even lovelier. How good to be able to share a meal with family Sark, or in fact anyone! Enjoy. Feeling slightly down today, my daughter always taped Strictly and we watched it together on Sunday evenings when I arrived to child mind for Mondays and Tuesdays. I think last night brought it home again how much things have changed for now. Will now slap my own face and get on with the day, probably a decent walk is called for! Good wishes everyone.

Grandmabatty Sun 18-Oct-20 10:05:18

Grandmattie?

Taichinan Sun 18-Oct-20 10:02:16

Good morning all from a lovely day on the Angus coast The calm before the storm, I know, so I shall make the most of it - even if the most I make of it is appreciating how lucky I am to be here ?

I popped back in yesterday late on for a little catch-up and was so sorry to hear about your exBi Annapops. I hope the oxygen is not needed for long and that he makes a quick and full recovery.

I haven't read any posts yet as I have not long woken - I know, tsk tsk! But after two hours' sleep I woke up wide awake and didn't drop back off again until 5.30! A legitimate excuse for my tardiness I think, and I shall spend the day catching my tail. I've nothing planned but will just go where the day takes me - perhaps to the back patio to pot up some 'different' fuschias to give that area some winter colour. Spent a lovely half hour yesterday chatting to my gardener in warm sunshine and out of the wind - lovely chatting to a real live hooman bean, and such a wise man.

Make the most of your day everyone, and don't let the restrictions upset you too much. Remember, this too will pass ???

EllanVannin Sun 18-Oct-20 09:50:50

Good Morning All x A Very Happy Birthday, Sark flowers x

Oh poor you Mick---go easy and do as you say, starve yourself and you'll improve as the day goes, hope so anyway.( [tea] only. ) A couple of paracetamol won't go amiss. Soda water's good to have in for upset tums. Grated apple too.

Believe it or not, my insides weren't so clever last night and I thought for sure I'd have to wear bicycle clips today grin Something upset me alright. I might have just had 2 hours sleep as whatever it was was coming in waves. I'll be a bit late with my crumpets today, though tum's rumbling now.

Sounds as though a few are out of sorts today. The heavy sky here would give you the pip for a start. Very still and quiet and also the worry about the state of the virus here. sad

Ashcombe, those flowers are beautiful and help to lift the low moods. Some daughters are really thoughtful.

I'll have to cook my half leg of lamb even if I have it tomorrow as I took it out of the freezer yesterday and I don't like things sitting for too long.

Just a quick wipe around the bathroom after my shower and that's all I'll be doing today. Cats are sleeping so the hoover's staying where it is as they don't like it----my excuse.

I hope everyone under the weather has a restful day and those who are absent are improving just a bit xx flowers
Take care everyone and stay safe.

Annapops Sun 18-Oct-20 09:49:43

Good morning from a chilly County Durham once again.

What beautiful flowers Ashcombe surely something to brighten anyone's day. I'm sad to hear you lost a nephew to CF at such a young age. My sister lived until she was 35 which was quite remarkable for then. I did lose an even younger sister at 13 which was, according to my Mum, the hardest one to bear, given that the loss of any child is traumatic. I'm glad there are so many new treatments available today for this condition.

Safe travels to your son grandMattie, I'm sure he will be such a miss. Enjoy today with your family.

An easy day here today with a short run later and maybe a walk in the afternoon. Pottering in the garden perhaps and then adding more decorations to my artificial twig tree. I'm using fabric leaves and dolly peg fairies dressed in Autumn colours as decorations. It's an idea I had to brighten up our porch area on these dark nights.

News from my BIL remains the same. He's still in ICU but keeping his spirits up. Fingers crossed he gets no worse.

Another happy birthday ? from me Sark.

Stay safe and have the best day you can everone.

GrannyOwl5 Sun 18-Oct-20 09:44:57

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is partly cloudy with the occasional glimpse of the sun.
Not much planned for today; gardening jobs completed yesterday, lawn mowed and wicker furniture put under its winter coverings.
A new jigsaw awaits this morning before we go to DD’s this afternoon for a socially distant dinner and to catch up with all the news from the grandsons.
Sorry to read that some of you are not feeling so well today; look after yourselves and let the world slide on by for a day or two -avoiding pork and stuffing baps in the meantime ?.
Enjoy your Sunday. Stay safe

grandMattie Sun 18-Oct-20 09:43:56

Hope the pills work for your labyrinthitis Marydoll, it’s so horrible.

Good luck luck? with endocrinologist tomorrow grandmafrench.

And we raise them, love them and wave them goodbye hoping the elastic we tied to them brings them back occasionally. ?

grandMattie Sun 18-Oct-20 09:37:20

They’ve all gone now. ? Heyho, back to normal, two old farts rubbing along together...

GrannySomerset Sun 18-Oct-20 09:25:06

So pleased to know that Ann is on the mend and that a more normal life beckons. She waited long enough! Must get DH up and ready to go to church, but no other plans.

MellowYellow Sun 18-Oct-20 09:19:40

You sound like a new woman annsixty! thanks