Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone planning outside exercise today?

(151 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 19-Oct-20 07:49:34

Well it's a miserable Monday weather-wise in London - very grey and gloomy but dry.

So I'm getting me togs on and heading up river!

BBbevan Tue 03-Nov-20 15:35:58

Went for a lovely walk this morning. As we are in lockdown here there was hardly anyone about. We could hear the sea boiling from our house so went to have a look. Great waves crashing over Worm’s Head on Gower. It was sunny, cold and windy. We got back about 9:30.Had breakfast and now DH is dozing by the window in the sunshine

V3ra Mon 02-Nov-20 22:06:35

crazyH it's the "Fly Agaric" ?

crazyH Mon 02-Nov-20 21:55:09

V3ra...... didn't know toadstools could be so pretty !!!!!!learnt something today.

mokryna Mon 02-Nov-20 21:46:41

I have a lovely photo of a toadstool but I am unable to transfer it to here to compare.

V3ra Mon 02-Nov-20 12:30:02

mokryna we struggled today as the pesky wind dropped right down!
We did find lots of fairy toadstools though

travelsafar Mon 02-Nov-20 12:24:46

Shopping and my walk done. . I just love this wild and windy weather just wish i could walk further. When i had my dog we would be out for a couple of hours tramping over the local fields , she would be off the lead and loved nothing better than sticking her nose down rabbit holes and running through the little spinney. They were happier days when i had no mobility issues.

mokryna Mon 02-Nov-20 12:20:07

V3ra

Sunshine and windy here, two small boys to occupy so we are going to the park to fly a kite ?

Done walk, a bit slippery what with the rain last night on the leaves and the acorns which are been blown off the branches.

V3ra Do you sing the kite song while flying the kite?

mokryna Mon 02-Nov-20 10:53:17

Yes, have got my paper in my little mit and off to the woods for an hour. (Thankfully the government haven’t barred them off this time).

V3ra Mon 02-Nov-20 10:15:10

Sunshine and windy here, two small boys to occupy so we are going to the park to fly a kite ?

Oldbat1 Mon 02-Nov-20 09:14:05

Lovely clear blue sky first thing. Out with dogs first thing. Back for coffee. Tidy up kitchen then will go out again with my young dog. I try to have a “timetable” planned for most days otherwise I will just do nothing.

Teetime Mon 02-Nov-20 09:13:00

Sadly walking netball exercises that we were doing (not allowed to play the full game yet anyway) has been suspended as several of the ladies are now in Tier 2 so they have got very nervous again. However, we wouldnt be able to play during the coming partial lockdown anyway. So DH and I will go for a walk in the rain.

travelsafar Mon 02-Nov-20 09:05:23

It is raining here at the moment but i can see blue sky on the horizon. Off to buy gift cards today for xmas gifts. When i get back i will go for a walk if the rain hasn't returned. Only go out for about 30/40 mins I just can't manage more due to pain in my leg. How i wish i was near the sea or a river though, ever changing scenery would be wonderful. . Plus of course there are usually some seats to rest a while which means you can walk further. . We dont even have a big park to walk round. There is a common but it gets very muddy and i am fearful of falling, plus it can be a bit lonely

Riverwalk Mon 02-Nov-20 08:25:05

It's very windy but dry so I'm heading out on this gloomy Monday morning - that's if I can rise from this chair and get my bum in gear!

Riverwalk Thu 29-Oct-20 20:23:57

The only exercise I managed today, indoor/outdoor, was a quick trot to the deli for some tasty morsels and wine!

I'm planning on an improved performance tomorrow.

rubysong Thu 29-Oct-20 19:24:50

DH and I did walk to the river bank today in the drizzle. We sat in a lime kiln with a flask of tea and some apple cake and looked at the river. Then walked back through the woods. The autumn colours are lovely. Not many birds around though, they don't like the wet.

shandi6570 Thu 29-Oct-20 15:46:29

Just returned from a breezy walk around the local fields, timed it right and missed the rain. Glad I went now although I really had to force myself out.

About to put the kettle on and wishing I had some cake in the house to go with it, mmm coffee and walnut would be lovely right now. Good thing I live too far from the shops to pop out, I shall have to make do with Soops kitchen calorie free cake ?.

DanniRae Thu 29-Oct-20 12:03:38

I walked down my (short) garden to put two bird feeders out - decided that would do for my outside exercise today. I'm going to make a bread pudding later so at least my arms will get some exercise squeezing out the water wink

vegansrock Wed 28-Oct-20 11:31:07

I went open water swimming at 8.30 am. It was sunny. The water was 12 degrees, I was wearing a wetsuit so toasty warm. Only stayed in 15 minutes as we are told to acclimatise. Clears the head though!

rubysong Wed 28-Oct-20 11:28:32

If it stays dry I may walk down to the river Tamar and see if there are any birds to watch. I watched Autumnwatch last night and I would love to see a bittern in the reeds.

Riverwalk Wed 28-Oct-20 11:21:47

I was out and about at 08.30 this morning in the weak sunshine and did a 90-minute walk.

My dance class is usually today but that's now via Zoom and this week is half-term.

I'm resisting the temptation to laze around for the rest of the day!

TerriBull Sat 24-Oct-20 14:49:42

We went for a walk in nearby Bushy Park, unbelievably crowded, quite unusual even in time of Covid!

BlueSky Sat 24-Oct-20 12:46:40

I (almost) always do go out for walk unless it’s emptying down, even then I wait for a brief easing off. I just don’t feel right if I don’t manage even a short walk every day. Good for my physical and mental well being.

shandi6570 Sat 24-Oct-20 12:38:04

Your posts have made me pull myself together and go out for a local walk this morning, feel much better for it and now wonder why I have been mooching around indoors for the last few days instead of getting out there. Thanks everyone for encouraging me ?

Rosalyn69 Sat 24-Oct-20 12:20:59

Wellies, waterproofs and a dog walk.

Chewbacca Sat 24-Oct-20 12:19:01

I could take up snorkelling or swimming in my back garden today there's so much standing water. That's if I could open the patio doors without them getting ripped off in force 9 gales.