Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 24-Oct-20 12:03:57

Here we are again. As happy as we can be (in the circumstances). All good pals and jolly good company.

Cheers! cupcake wine brew cafe and whatever else that you fancy, providing it's legal. smile

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:51:06

Possibly not, Kitty. All a big buggeration. Please do the honours on my behalf. smile moon

kittylester Wed 09-Dec-20 17:45:38

See you tomorrow soop, hope you get in!!

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:45:30

Locking the door. Gathering up the cushions and rugs...

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:44:04

Almost there. I shall tidy up and hope to be able to lock the door in a moment or two. If not, you know what to do. Thank you all for your ongoing support.

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:41:57

Something is seriously wrong with our internet connection. Every message takes an age to appear and then I have a hell of a job getting back into the kitchen.

Will the last dear person to call in please, on my behalf, open the new kitchen. I am utterly exhausted and frustrated beyond measure.

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:38:22

NanaandGrampy I'm pleased that you are back with us lot. I'm sorry to hear about your personal problem. That's both of us with a pain in the a*se wink Do hope that you get your meds sorted soonest.

NanaandGrampy Wed 09-Dec-20 17:30:30

Afternoon the kitchen.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yes there has been some considerable crafting going on but have had to change from my diabetic medication to insulin and its is proving a royal pain in the a*se !!

I am sure I will get the hang of it but its just such a hit and miss thing,

Anyway , I am away to have a second attempt at my signature stew that on Monday was an epic inedible fail!!

Wish me luck!!

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:01:02

Bah! Humbug! hmm

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:00:11

I have been attempting to come into our kitchen for nigh on 25 minutes. The computer is a buggeration at such times. I shall return a little later to see if we need to unlock the new kitchen door.

Puzzler61 Wed 09-Dec-20 16:41:52

Same as soop says BladeAnnie.
It’s what friends do. ?
A big hug from me too.

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 14:42:45

BladeAnnie If we helped with the little support we are able to give you, we know that some extra comfort has reached you. We shall continue to be here for each other. Gentle hugs. flowers

BladeAnnie Wed 09-Dec-20 13:45:56

Thank you SO Much everyone for your kind words - it meant so much to know that we were in your thoughts. It was a lovely service for Suzanne and I'm sure she is at peace now. It was a difficult day for everyone but most especially for my mum - this coming 18 months after my dad passing away. We will just support her as much as we can from now forward. Thank you once again you lovely people

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 12:38:40

MacS will be getting the vaccine very soon. It's positive thing. I shall welcome it when my turn comes. smile

soop Wed 09-Dec-20 12:37:35

Hello my darlin's. Yes, we'll be needing a new kitchen very soon. I shall have it ready and waiting in time.

Away to compose a letter to each of our sons. I wish to close the year with positive thoughts.

Charleygirl5 Wed 09-Dec-20 12:21:02

ann Molly is very well settled in her home. She is gorgeous and she probably knows it!

Nannytopsy Wed 09-Dec-20 00:05:06

Well GrandmaFrench, us chickens had better watch out - there is bird flu in East Anglia! ?
Just come to bed but DGS was most insistent I sleep in their room. Such a nervous little fellow. I may be on the Night owls thread later!

Doodle Tue 08-Dec-20 21:21:51

Kitty I love the picture. I had to look hard to see Maisie ?
N&G hope you are both ok. Have you been busy Christmas crafting?
ann Molly is one laid back cat ?
BladeAnnie a sad day for you. Hope you are safely home.
Take care all
TOYA ?

Charleygirl5 Tue 08-Dec-20 21:01:27

I think we may well be moving kitchens tomorrow. Tara and I will be moving in with Fern until the heating is fixed here. I should not moan because it would be horrendous if I had no heating at all. What I do have I cannot control- the thermostat is off and the house is very warm.

Grandmafrench Tue 08-Dec-20 20:51:37

Roaring winds down from the Pyrenees - is what we have here at the moment, Flora. The chimney is roaring and the animals are snoring! Words I like to hear on such a chilly night. They are possibly a little confused because last night there was no wood burner lit and yours truly went to bed and omitted to check the central heating thermostat. DH got up this morning to find them all lolling around in swim shorts and sipping Pina Coladas. He said. ?? In that heat I don't blame them. Dopey old me! Bedroom thermostat is totally separate so I never noticed. ?

Sounds like happy children with full tums, NannyT. I don't think it will be me either! I think you're possibly safe with the Vaccine since I am sure that 'chickens' would be in the most vulnerable category and so you may have already missed your slot!! (Small cheer for us?)

TOYA, Kitcheners. Nighty night!

Nannytopsy Tue 08-Dec-20 20:26:56

DH is upstairs telling bedtime stories ?. DGS (7) has had two helpings of steak pie, half a bowl of roast potatoes and two pieces of lemon cake. He has hollow legs!
The central heating engineer has been out today and the heating is working in all areas. No idea why the hall was cold but its working now.
Well, which Kitchener will be first to have the vaccine? It won’t be me - I am just a chicken!
TOYA, have a good night!

Flora5 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:21:58

Loving seeing the trees and Kitty's .
Thank you Grandmafrench all is well here . Whats the weather like where you are??
Still freezing fog here
Sunny and bright at lunch time tho so a long 'new' walk' was found. Lolly happy.
when I popped along to P O to send parcels to my NZ grandchildren ....a light came on ,an engine light !! Dont' panic says I . Garage for a diagnostic test reveals I have emissions leak .( well the car does grin AAAHHH more things to fix that cost a lot !!
Phone, Car hope there is not a third thing smile

soop Tue 08-Dec-20 17:18:57

Thank you for your kind words, Grandmafrench. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

Leaving you all with my best wishes for a peaceful evening. Especially thinking of BladeAnnie. I trust that from hereon, all your treasured memories of your dear sister, will be pleasant. sunshine

TOYA smile moon

soop Tue 08-Dec-20 17:14:12

Puzzler As you rightly say, Fern is a free spirit. That is how it should be. However, I do fret when she's away for too long.

kitty a warm welcome to Kiwi and Maisie. A lovely photo.

Welcome back N&G I have missed you. I imagine that you've been busy crafting.

Grandmafrench Tue 08-Dec-20 15:51:05

BladeAnnie hope your sad day was manageable and you are safely home with your thoughts and memories. Sending you a ((hug))

Soop I don't think that Fern is saying 'woteva' - although I'm sure she is cheeky enough. I read recently that the slow blink at you is a cat smile. I've tested it with mine and I'm sure that's correct. I said to our hairdresser today when complaining about trying to show a smile behind a mask (impossible!) that maybe we should all try the cat smile. All that screwing up of eyes otherwise is very difficult and unattractive. Sorry that Fern has her own timetable which would make me just as anxious, I feel. Maybe her wild and free days are something that she wants to hold on to - at least she comes back to you, which is all you want. Just imagine the state of your poor nerves if you were owned by the itinerant Miss Tara. ?

Loved your pusscat photo, kitty. Wish mine would play, they could have so much fun - but the closest they get to playing is a wild skirmish which results in one of them on the norty step and one put outside to cool off. Daddy has just lit the wood burner - works better than drugs for them. They will be calm and quiet in a trice.

Wishing you all an equally calm evening. Good wishes and ?‍♀️ to missing Kitchen peeps. Thinking specially of you, Izabella and Mrs and Mr Panache.

Puzzler61 Tue 08-Dec-20 14:11:15

Omitted to say “very festive stockings” nannytopsy.
You are a talented, busy bee. ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion