Gransnet forums

Chat

Where have they all gone?

(152 Posts)
NanKate Sat 24-Oct-20 22:14:32

I was looking up the name of an author Jojo Moyles to decide if I would like her books and found that there had been a thread about her in 2015.

I only recognised about 3 members who are still here today Soop Lemongrove and AuntieFlo and I just felt sad that all the others had dropped away for some reason or another.

annsixty Sun 25-Oct-20 20:25:12

When I first read this thread, my thoughts went to Pompa but there was no way I could remember his name so thank you.
He was a regular poster who just occasionally went a bit too far but no harm was done.
Frank was another one, no idea how his posts came across, his London pension was very important to him.

Maggiemaybe Sun 25-Oct-20 20:14:19

I’m so very sorry to hear that Ana has died. She was a bright and funny poster. It’s made me smile today to reminisce about a long-running Dryathon thread we were both on along with Anya, jogginggirl and others, all trying, and generally failing, to resist temptation. Happy memories.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 25-Oct-20 20:14:05

I also miss willmaknickers fit, also Gabriella54, I think some may have been envious of her lifestyle, she offered to show me round her home town when I was passing through, I really liked her, I like a straight to the point person, you know where you stand there, but we all like and have different personalities, thank goodness.

Kalu Sun 25-Oct-20 20:05:26

Sorry to hear ana/anagram has died.

Another poster who suddenly disappeared was Nono.

Callistemon Sun 25-Oct-20 19:53:44

Ana sadly died.

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that, she was a very pleasant poster and I remember when she posted a picture of herself with a young DGC.
She wasn't very old as far as I remember.
Thank you for letting us know, NanKate, I always wondered whether or not she was all right.

Hetty58 Sun 25-Oct-20 19:48:01

With the average age on here being somewhat 'old' I'm sure the departures are easily explained by illness or death.

Kalu Sun 25-Oct-20 19:38:02

Amen to that Petra ?

NanKate Sun 25-Oct-20 19:32:40

Yes I remember the meet up in Oxford with you Greenfinch and Lemongrove when you had another colourful name Anya from Leamington Spa and myself. We certainly could chat for England ?

LauraNorder Sun 25-Oct-20 19:17:18

3 or 4 tears ago, gosh I didn't know I'd missed her that much

petra Sun 25-Oct-20 19:14:55

Bellanonna
Here are a few more.
Lessismore
Inkcog
Sparkii
Grapefruitpip
I forget under which name she was banned but she inadvertently let slip that she made copies of posters remarks that she didn't like.

Chewbacca
Believe me, there's no one on here quiet like this one.

Chewbacca Sun 25-Oct-20 18:55:56

She had a somewhat (possibly pseudo?) religious bent and was quite argumentative

Good heaven's Bellanonna, that description could fit several posters! grin

Chewbacca Sun 25-Oct-20 18:53:42

LauraNorder

I do remember Jalima, or similar name, she seemed interesting and posted often when I first joined 3 or 4 tears ago

Don't worry LauraNorder, Jalima is still amongst us and posting regularly.

Bellanonna Sun 25-Oct-20 18:35:28

Yes I did, petra and yes she did, but I can’t remember any of them!

petra Sun 25-Oct-20 18:33:26

I loved Ana's sense of humour ?

Bellanonna
Do you mean soontobe If you do she had about 6 user names after that.

Bellanonna Sun 25-Oct-20 18:04:31

Pompa disappeared too. He took on another name, but I forget what it was. He was an avid ukelele player. Wonder what happened to him?

Bellanonna Sun 25-Oct-20 18:01:59

When I first joined, 6 years ago, there was a rather prolific writer whose name suggested she would soon be a Gran. She had a somewhat (possibly pseudo?) religious bent and was quite argumentative. I don’t think she’s back in any other guise as she would be easily recognised.

LauraNorder Sun 25-Oct-20 18:00:56

I do remember Jalima, or similar name, she seemed interesting and posted often when I first joined 3 or 4 tears ago

Bellanonna Sun 25-Oct-20 17:59:18

I was shocked to read about Ana. I remember lots of us being concerned at the time she first “went missing”. I enjoyed her posts.

Greenfinch Sun 25-Oct-20 17:57:25

Indeed,lemongrove we met up in Oxford though I think she lived some way from there. NanKate was there too.

TerriBull Sun 25-Oct-20 17:36:38

I still miss Frank and his doggy sidekick Andy, anyone remember him? lots of advice on re mortgaging and will writing if I remember rightly, he did put a humourous slant on financial matters, not sure he meant to be as funny as he sometimes came across.

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 17:23:45

Yes Greenfinch we all met up twice didn’t we?

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 17:22:57

I wonder if Anya is still here under a new name, hope her DH recovered.

lemongrove Sun 25-Oct-20 17:20:46

I didn’t know that Kate and am very sorry to hear it.
Ana and I once had a four yorkshiremen dialogue going one snowy Christmas that cheered me up all week.

Greenfinch Sun 25-Oct-20 17:20:20

Sorry to hear about Ana.
I often used to pm Anya as we both had grandchildren on the autistic spectrum of the same age and with the same name. I used to find her advice on GN very helpful. Sane and sensible.

TerriBull Sun 25-Oct-20 17:20:11

Oh so sorry to hear Ana died, she was quite a prolific poster at one time and then she disappeared.