Gransnet forums

Chat

Are you lucky when entering competitions

(17 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:29:23

Have any of you won anything on the gransnet comps, I haven’t but would love to win something,

Calendargirl Mon 26-Oct-20 08:37:49

The first one I entered I won a Roberts radio!

Absolutely thrilled, and it was just before Christmas.

tanith Mon 26-Oct-20 09:01:08

I did on my first try i won a blue ray player then a pack of hair products but nothing lately.

chelseababy Mon 26-Oct-20 10:35:45

I won a holiday! Now rescheduled for next year.

Greenfinch Mon 26-Oct-20 11:43:50

I haven't won anything lately but in the past I was very lucky:

A trip to Cadbury World with 2 grandchildren
A Betty's hamper with cinema tickets for 1917
A Hellman's hamper
A box of children's books.
Lots of books from the book club.

All were much enjoyed and appreciated.

Maggiemaybe Mon 26-Oct-20 11:49:26

I’ve been very lucky over the years. A Forest Holiday (donated to two of the AC and families), a Bombshell dress, and a weekend in Stirling including afternoon tea with M C Beaton. And some great books from the late lamented Book Club.

I can’t complain if I never win again, but I still enter!

Georgesgran Mon 26-Oct-20 12:11:01

In a one word answer - No!
One year after the school Carol Concert, it was back to School for sherry and mince pies - supplied by the PTA, inc me.
We were having a raffle of a luxury hamper, again items supplied by the PTA members - tickets £1each. I was talking to DD2s friend’s Mum and as we approached the table, I let her go first - she handed over a single coin and I bet you’ve guessed - she won the hamper. Made worse as they didn’t drink alcohol which made up half the contents. Oh well - it was the Season of Goodwill to men and women.

Georgesgran Mon 26-Oct-20 12:13:12

P.S. Another school friend of DD2 won a VW Polo from Asda’s Gosforth Branch.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:18:41

In the past I have been lucky, but not with GransNet Comps

I won a trip to LA which was absolutely fantastic, we paid to extend the break and took a trip to go to Las Vegas which was gobsmacking, from there we took a trip to see the GrandCanyon, then back to LA and home.
Another competition I won was to Miami. While there we took a trip to KeyWest, The everglades, and Cape Kennedy. Both left us with wonderful memories - I' really like to win a trip to New York, but that will have to wait!

Kseniya Mon 26-Oct-20 12:34:33

I will definitely try it now, but what if I'm lucky! newcomers are lucky, aren't they?

Greenfinch Mon 26-Oct-20 12:39:16

Yes I was a newcomer when I won the trip to Cadbury World.

JackyB Mon 26-Oct-20 14:47:14

I've never won anything. Back in the day, when you had to send off postcards, I tried for a while to enter absolutely everything on the basis that I surely must win something.

I wasted quite a lot of money.

mumofmadboys Tue 27-Oct-20 06:00:55

What has happened to the monthly Book club books?
I once won a delivery of flowers monthly for 6 months from GN. That was lovely. I looked forward to the 14th of each month!

annsixty Tue 27-Oct-20 06:56:11

I also won 6 months delivery of flowers from Bloomon .
They were wonderful, some flowers I had never even seen before.
I was so sad when they finished.
Thank you GN.

bikergran Tue 27-Oct-20 07:18:58

Have won a Hoover on GN (We had to make a little video using the hoover, then we got to keep it)

Also recently won Bettys Hamper, but it was just as Covid hit so they were not sending the hampers out.

So I was sent the vouchers instead..which I still have to spend but not been able to get there as yet. Lovely surprise.

marpau Tue 27-Oct-20 08:38:27

Enter them all sadly never one anything other than a book from book club a few years ago

harrigran Tue 27-Oct-20 08:42:58

Yes in the early years I won a few prizes.
I have had theatre tickets, books for the GC including a box of all Jacqueline Wilson's novels. Countless books for myself except for the last two years when I have not won anything.
I also received a cheque for £300 in a competition sponsored by a soap powder favoured for washing baby clothes.