Gransnet forums

Chat

Day Dream Destinations

(84 Posts)
Teetime Mon 26-Oct-20 09:05:54

I'm a real daydreamer and I find I have one or two regular destinations, Clapton in the Yorkshire Dales - the footpath to the Ingleton climb and Aysgarth Falls. Care to share and describe to help us think some some lovely things and places today.

Aepgirl Tue 27-Oct-20 11:45:47

Anywhere but my back garden.

Kate1949 Tue 27-Oct-20 10:20:49

I sometimes daydream that I am back in Santorini. What a stunning place. And those sunsets! Also the Amalfi Coast and Lake Garda. Beautiful.

Omits01 Tue 27-Oct-20 10:03:25

Visit to an Alien Spaceship. Unlikely as they will not want all our Human bugs!

Teetime Tue 27-Oct-20 09:57:45

Thank you joining in this thread. I find day dreaming does help me think about when we could do these things again as we will I'm sure. Another big rainy day today - we are going to put some bright music on and look at cottage website for next autumn - we have been looking at the programme on Shetland somewhere that we dream of going one day soon.

Witzend Tue 27-Oct-20 09:33:18

Floating on my back in the lovely warm Caribbean Sea, looking lazily at the palm trees and listening to the plash of tiny wavelets on the shore.

Roll on a few hours, sitting on that beach watching the last of the sunset, with a Rum Collins, listening to the wavelets and the nightly chirping of the tree frogs.

grannysyb Tue 27-Oct-20 09:11:49

Funnily enough, I've been thinking of somewhere on the North Yorkshire moors called Sheepwash. My late aunt used to take my sister and me up there when we were children. It's above Osmotherly , a lovely village. Must go back and find it before I get too old. We are hoping to go back to Venice next spring, one of our favourite places.

Lollin Mon 26-Oct-20 23:50:30

Sitting in my beautiful bloom filled peaceful garden - day dreaming is the only way I'm going there!

jillyJo Mon 26-Oct-20 20:47:40

Catalan Bay in Gibraltar - love it!

jerseygirl Mon 26-Oct-20 19:44:24

Anywhere at the moment!!

seacliff Mon 26-Oct-20 19:29:12

I'm a good day dreamer Bellanonna! I was regularly reprimanded for it at school. grin

Being transported by your mind. In these times, it is a gift.

Bellanonna Mon 26-Oct-20 19:21:56

Evocative thought, seacliff!

Cherrytree59 Mon 26-Oct-20 19:20:35

Asturia (N Spain ).

seacliff Mon 26-Oct-20 19:18:41

Floating on my back in a warm gentle sea, eyes shut. Hearing the gulls crying and the lap of waves. Feeling that warmth and smelling the sea, getting a bit of spray on my face. I suppose if it has gulls it will be UK, but in my dream the sea is much warmer than that.

Oh well, I could go and have a warm bath I suppose, but a bit tight to float in there.

Jimjam1 Mon 26-Oct-20 19:16:20

India for me. I have visited five times. Absolutely loved the place and the beautiful kind people.

Cherrytree59 Mon 26-Oct-20 19:15:21

I have 3 daydream destinations

My gran's garden, she grew beautiful fragrant Rose's and sweet peas. (Can smell them now)
Helping to pull the rhubarb for delicious tarts, rhubarb and ginger jam.

Jumping off a little sailing yacht in the Greek Aegean sea. Swimming with yesterday's bread roll tucked at the side of my bikini bottoms.
The fishes breakfast and DHs marine photo opportunities.

Riding pillion on the back of DH motorcycle in the Austuria mountains.
Eating lunch by mountain lakes.

Tallyann The Orkney islands are on my bucket list.

Bellanonna Mon 26-Oct-20 19:04:09

The Dolomites, Sicily, and lots of places in between
The Northumbrian beaches
The Ardnamurchan Peninsula
Portugal’s Atlantic coast
and lots of other places. Too many to mention

4allweknow Mon 26-Oct-20 18:56:59

Morioka in Japan.

Tallyann1 Mon 26-Oct-20 18:56:23

Orkney Isles..... if you haven’t been you’ll never understand!!

Caro57 Mon 26-Oct-20 18:46:38

Purnululu

Milest0ne Mon 26-Oct-20 18:00:44

Happiest place so far; Bay of Islands New Zealand. Weepiest place; Machu Pichu, Peru. ( It took me 47 years of dreaming to get there). The one I can fall asleep to is a clipper ship with sunshine and blue sea. (Another one from my teenage years.)

JaneRn Mon 26-Oct-20 17:56:41

Up the Amazon to see what is left before it and its indigenous people are finally destroyed by the greed of mankind.

Back to Japan, this time in Blossom Time to see the places I missed during Winter.

f77ms Mon 26-Oct-20 17:28:05

This thread is making me long to be somewhere beautiful, the places you all describe sound wonderful ?

biba70 Mon 26-Oct-20 17:04:27

The idea of a cruise on a large ship, is my idea of an absolute nightmare- you could not pay me to go.

My dream destination is England- to see my daughters and grand-children- nothing else matters.

But when little Emma, the dog we adopted 2 years ago and 15 at the weekend- we will go to Sidney, the great barrier reef, down to Melbourne and then on to Tasmania- via a few days in Singapour.

MiniMoon Mon 26-Oct-20 16:57:55

There was a little motel, I think it was called the Venus Motel in Cappadocia, Turkey. The sleeping accommodation was very basic but it had a swimming pool fed by thermal springs. In the pool there were Roman ruins and statues.
I often think back to swimming in that beautiful warm, bubbly water.

I'd love to be there right now.

grannybuy Mon 26-Oct-20 16:57:26

I, too, would love to go back to New York. Was there for the first time last October, and it wasn't long enough. I did cross Brooklyn Bridge at sunset though.