Chat

The best thing ever!

(24 Posts)
FlyingHxndbag Tue 27-Oct-20 16:37:47

Thanks all... I have never bought anything from ASOS in my life. X

crazyH Tue 27-Oct-20 15:51:50

Hope you enjoyed your meal deal FH ...

MissAdventure Tue 27-Oct-20 15:48:53

I think members can buy their clothes and lunch from where they like. They don't need anyone approval.

It starts to wear a bit thin, reading all this.

petra Tue 27-Oct-20 15:44:50

EllanVannin
Fancy clothes ? Have you seen the ASOS site? Fancy is not the first word that comes to mind.

Marydoll Tue 27-Oct-20 15:41:36

There are three that I know of, Lisa.

Before all this Covid business, DD and I would have to stop off there first for a pre-shopping coffee! All a distant memory. sad

Lisagran Tue 27-Oct-20 15:36:46

Blossoming

Oh, I was sure FH would buy lunch from Pret!

Is there a Pret in Glasgow?

EllanVannin Tue 27-Oct-20 14:55:52

There was an alert on chicken at the weekend with a recall on certain chicken based foods from Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Aldi.
You're best buying them from a local farm.

If one can afford fancy clothes then one can afford M&S meals deals and not cheapo's. Just sayin'.

GrannyLaine Tue 27-Oct-20 14:52:59

How have I lived this long without knowing this? hmm

FlyingHxndbag Tue 27-Oct-20 14:51:53

They've had the meal deal here permanently for years. X

Oldwoman70 Tue 27-Oct-20 14:48:02

I had a pizza and J2o at a local pub - socially distanced of course!

BlueBelle Tue 27-Oct-20 14:45:11

Just don’t let if “fly” out your hands you know what you’re like when you are eating ?

sharon103 Tue 27-Oct-20 14:38:46

FlyingHxndbag Sorry to tell you that offer is almost, if it hasn't already, ended. It's being going for ages now and I've been doing the same as you every week with my weekly Tesco delivery.
I have had a bacon and salad sandwich, chicken satay and a ginourmous can of Redbull which I've kept for my son for Christmas. I must have half a dozen cans now, if not more. All for £3 like you say. A sandwich on it's own is £2.50 so the offer has been a real bargain.
I hope they bring the deal back again.
Enjoy. smile

Blossoming Tue 27-Oct-20 14:33:52

Oh, I was sure FH would buy lunch from Pret!

Vickysponge Tue 27-Oct-20 14:31:59

Chewbacca

It's junk food; cheap inferior ingredients, packed full of salt, sugar and God knows what addititives to make it last longer and of virtually no nutrional value whatsoever. Why would you eat this rubbish?

I agree. It sounds disgusting.

Chewbacca Tue 27-Oct-20 14:26:25

It's junk food; cheap inferior ingredients, packed full of salt, sugar and God knows what addititives to make it last longer and of virtually no nutrional value whatsoever. Why would you eat this rubbish?

Wheniwasyourage Tue 27-Oct-20 13:30:54

Just look out in Tesco - I had to stop buying the chicken wraps I used to love when I noticed that the chicken comes from Thailand!!! Talk about food miles - do we not have any chickens in this country? My complaint to Tesco was answered with a formulaic reply and no change. angry

BlueSky Tue 27-Oct-20 13:00:54

You are right FH I’ve had some good value meal deals from one of the supermarkets while out and about, but usually in the summer. Enjoy!

annsixty Tue 27-Oct-20 12:47:26

FH only works mornings, she will now be finished for the day.
Off home to plan her birthday party and other lovely social outings.

petra Tue 27-Oct-20 12:46:01

Wow!! Tesco do meal deals. Who knew. Next your be telling us that bakers sell bread.

PECS Tue 27-Oct-20 12:41:02

confused I had some Greek cheese, from the stall in the market, on some crackers and some home grown tomatoes. Delicious! Local supermarkets are Sainsbury, Co-op and Waitrose... have to get in the car to get to Tesco!

DiscoGran Tue 27-Oct-20 12:37:00

Oh, it was Tesco's. Not so much nice stuff.

DiscoGran Tue 27-Oct-20 12:36:02

Wow, you are very easily pleased! Are you out and about on your lunch break? Buy any nice stuff in Boots?
I've just had a ham and cheddar on crusty granary bread, and a mug of builders. Back to work now.

Bluebellwould Tue 27-Oct-20 12:35:10

Well that was absolutely fascinating! I can rest easy now.

FlyingHxndbag Tue 27-Oct-20 12:13:26

Hi all,
You need to get a Tesco Meal Deal, they're amazing. You get a main course, something for after it and a drink. You can get a wrap, sandwich, salad, sushi or pasta pot for the main course, chocolate or crisps for after, and your choice of a drink. I usually get a Chicken and Bacon wrap, Lucozade (Apple or Original), and a white chocolate Kinder Bueno. The meal deals are £3.00 and they're the best thing ever.
Now that I've told you, I'm going to eat mine (there was no Lucozade so I had to have Fanta). X