Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Chewsday

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 27-Oct-20 12:51:59

I told my girl friend that I had a crush on beyonce!
And she said to me "Whatever floats your boat"
^And I said "No that's Buoyancy^"

Thank you all for your concerns about Freda. She’s feeling better now, fully charged, but resting up in the garage. We might get out tomorrow as I definitely need a haircut now that they are back in business. I'm thinking of using the clippings in lockets as mementoes of 2020; Christmas presents with a difference! grin

Marydoll As a retired headteacher you can still set tough homework.! I had a quick skim through it, but I hope to hand it in by Friday, or maybe next Monday!
Right now we are studying QR Codes on smart phones at Zoom classes. The way things are going it will soon become necessary to know how to scan them in order to enter anywhere such as work, shops, medical premises etc. No news yet as to whether the Govt will be handing out free phones. It’s all part of “track and trace”! Of course, elderlies will be left behind in this modern era!

Stephen I know it must be tough living in (very) North Cumbria, but you don’t have to denigrate the Lovely Lake District. Isn’t that where William W. wandered lonely as a cloud amongst the daffodils and I believe our Manchester water came from there; very soft, which because of that,produced lots of tooth decay prior to fluoride!
You won’t mind me saying that you are the best “edit button” It’s called “proof reading”.
So many seem to rely on, and blame, dodgy spell/grammar checkers, auto correctors etc. Of course if you’re a Celtic Cumbrian that might explain it!
Btw; Our recent curfew, now ending, wasn’t too bad; like “house arrest”, but without armed guards at the front door!

Jane The Oldie mag just arrived looks like a good read again; certainly value for money. You won’t believe, but ever since your encounter with that “Room with a View” at St. Andrews I still can’t get Artie Shaw’s version out of my (tiny) brain, possibly because there’s a downloaded CD of it in my PC as I type and also in the kitchen DVD player, but maybe I’m not trying!
Why can’t your “Scottsh Govt.” sanction Tier 5 - “Stay in bed!”? Only allowed to get out for essential servicing! Not a bad idea at this time of year; dark mornings, dark evenings and all that goes with them! sad

Megs If and when I’ve read and understood Marydolls homework I think some “On-Line” classes would be in order. Not easy without Zoom and especially as we’ve been brought up on “Levels” down here, but we’re pretty adaptable!
Incidentally, good job you mentioned your NZ rellies and I wish them well, but our Barry Humphries, that world famous Aussie comedian has a funny joke about Kiwis which I was going to recount but not now, otherwise I might “gettit” in the neck! hmm

Freda can’t go to the pub, under the legal age and she hasn’t been programmed with
GPS yet, so can’t be relied on to get me home, in a straight line anyway! hmm
Must be off to pay respects to GreatNan’s memory.

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Oct-20 16:27:07

Hi Rufus, it’s like April showers here, one minute sun, next dark clouds and wet stuff. Glad Freda is better, now I know where the phrase to recharge ones batteries comes from ?.
Been emptying kitchen cupboards prior to refit in 12 days, honestly, the utter crap we’ve accumulated, 30 paper plates, chipped bowl, half a pack of birthday serviettes, ‘tupperware’ lids, with no bases...bin, bin and bin. I just know, anything that’s boxed away, at least one item will be needed over the next couple of weeks. My husband thinks we’ll be living on takeaways for a week while it’s being done, I’ll sneak some veg in somewhere!

Stay safe ?

Megs36 Tue 27-Oct-20 16:59:50

Hello Rufus, got to agree about needing OnLine classes, up till a few years ago I used to teach computer classes to beginners but time and Brain fog ?‍♂️have now taken over so the clever ones have to teach me.
Is your joke going to appear on another post or are you leaving us in suspense.?‍♂️?‍♂️
Cheers ??????

Jane10 Tue 27-Oct-20 20:37:11

I felt quite productive today. I took a massive dustbin liner of clothes, shoes and bags to a charity shop. The bag has been taking up such a big space in my study that it looks quite spacious now it's gone. I also had a cull of old toys that the DGSs have grown out of, put my post knee op sticks in stick stand and hid my yoga mat. The study looks too neat now. Oh well. It's better than working!