Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Thu 29-Oct-20 06:09:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside , with no wind at the moment here in Brackley .
Today , my usual trips via Buckingham to Bicester and back, tempted to start to xmas presents slowly over next few weeks as that period this year seems unpredictable as to things .
Take Care,
Mick

GrandmasueUK Thu 29-Oct-20 12:14:47

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a rainy Greater Manchester. I spent the night downstairs after tossing and turning for a couple of hours. My hips were so painful I thought it best to get up. I seem to be on a waiting list to get on the waiting list at the hospital about my arthritis. Awaiting stronger painkillers due today. I did manage to get a couple of hours sleep when everyone else was up and about. My shower seems to have woken me up now.
Just read a few messages on here Happy Anniversary Ashcombe and hope Grammaretto's DH is soon back home.
Awaiting several parcels today so will have to gst a wiggle on, although the porch door is open and parcels are left there.
Online shopping for birthday and Christmas presents after brunch. I don't miss physical shopping in this weather at all.
Hope everyone with ills or worries has as peaceful a time as possible.
Stay safe flowers

Annapops Thu 29-Oct-20 12:06:57

Excellent advice dragonfly.

dragonfly46 Thu 29-Oct-20 11:20:59

Good to see you are still here Ellan I would really miss your support if you went away.
I think the policy going forward should be to ignore.

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 29-Oct-20 11:17:41

Thank you Farview ?.
EV I don’t have the privilege of ‘knowing’ you, but do know you are a kind and interesting poster. Enjoy your macaroni cheese!

Annapops Thu 29-Oct-20 11:16:21

Good morning from a wet County Durham.

More happy anniversary wishes to Ashcombe. Hope you can organise a distanced celebration.

Another one here encouraging EV to stay and ignore a poster who is obviously a very sad, lonely and disturbed soul. Maybe we should pity that person who finds the need to behave in such a way. You take strength. We're all with you.

I finally got round to that Ch..... wrapping yesterday. Absolutely unheard of until now! Never before have I found myself surrounded by paper, tape and labels in October. May do some more today, then again may not. What a strange life we're all living at the moment.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Stilllearning Thu 29-Oct-20 11:14:16

A late good morning from S Lanarkshire, wet just now and going to be so all day I think. I slept really late this morning after a very disturbed night, it’ll throw off the whole day unless I’m careful so I’ll just say happy anniversary to the Ashcombes (lovely picture), and hope that your husband is home soon Grammaretto and that you yourself are at least getting the chance to have a rest. SiL arriving soon to take down curtain rails in preparation for painter, so best crack on. Good wishes to everyone.

Kalu Thu 29-Oct-20 11:12:52

Good morning all from a wet day in Glasgow which doesn’t bode well for any visit from DD1 and the girls after school today. According to the weather forecast it’s due to last for a few days.

Sorry to hear your DH is back in hospital Grammaretto. I hope all goes well and he is home soon. Take care of yourself. ?
Happy Anniversary to the Ashcombes. Vive la différence. ?

Back to lockdown again Grandmafrench and I suspect this will be the case for many more. It’s pretty tough to keep plodding on with no sense of direction but plod on we must to stay safe, with the hope that those who selfishly dismiss any guidelines, get the message this time round. ?. Bon courage.

Non Carborundum Ellan.

A day of footering and faffing ahead and a FaceTime chat with GD2 after school. Her cat required a visit to the vet yesterday. It appears he was in a fight and a nasty bite was the cause of the swelling on his face. GD was so upset yesterday going to school. The school secretary is a friend of DD and after a quick text from DD, she passed on the message to GD that her cat was OK and had some medicine. It’s such a difficult time for children, she is allowed to cuddle Granny but her big sister isn’t due to different age groups. A catch up with Granny later to check her beloved Scout is OK now. ?

Have a good day all, especially if you are having stricter guidelines and those having troubling times.

We need you back gilly?

Marydoll Thu 29-Oct-20 11:10:53

We are all very wary now, EV. I'm delighted to see you posting this morning.

EllanVannin Thu 29-Oct-20 11:05:14

Ladies may I thank you all for the support you've given to me, you're the best. Those who know me, outside of here, and there are many, all know that I wouldn't say a wrong word to anyone but it's clear to see that someone has got it in for me here no matter what I say so from now on I'll steer clear of that person, and will also be wary of different names appearing on other threads too.
xx

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 29-Oct-20 10:57:09

Good morning all from wet and dismal Harrogate! Seems we are heading for tier 2!! Which is why i went to Ripon yesterday, such a quaint city. This morning I was reading in bed, when movement caught my eye. To my horror it was a large spider coming down from the ceiling - it's legs were flailing in a most undignified manner. Unfortunately it disappeared into the pattern of the curtains, so no idea where it can be!!
Ashcombe, have a lovely day, difficult when you are separated.
All those who are ill - please get better soon
Have a good and safe day

harrigran Thu 29-Oct-20 10:46:59

Good morning from a rainy NE.
Slept until 9.20 this morning, I think it has something to do with us getting up during the night, DH is up at least once an hour.
There are a lot of cases of the virus around here, yesterday we heard that a policeman in his 40s had died, he lives just down the road from us.
Nothing missing from supermarket delivery so perhaps some cooking of meat today.

Beechnut Thu 29-Oct-20 10:35:15

I’ve just refreshed my page and am very pleased to see you here EllanVannin. I’m in agreement with everyone upthread. ?

Blossoming Thu 29-Oct-20 10:30:27

Good morning from a cold wet Lancashire. I’m tidying the airing cupboard today, it’s a small room with the boiler and hot water tank also in there so it’s lovely and warm smile

Roses Thu 29-Oct-20 10:26:23

Sorry crossed post!

Roses Thu 29-Oct-20 10:24:22

ELLAN. I don't know who upset you and I'm sorry that someone did but from your posts I think you are made of sterner stuff and won't be defeated by nasty remarks.
You are a very popular poster and I always picture where you are as I used to live on the Wirral.
Looking forward to hearing from you when you have your crumpets and fed the cats

farview Thu 29-Oct-20 10:15:49

Morning all..Oldbutstilluseful I love the boots..
EV dont leave..you are such a wonderful person ?

EllanVannin Thu 29-Oct-20 10:14:32

Good Morning All you lovely ladies and Mick. x
I actually have a new format here which I've been getting accustomed to though it's probably the one which everyone has been used to and it's been me who's been behind the times grin
A dreary rainy day and much cooler than of late, at 8 degrees so the chart says and looks as though it's in for the day. Yesterday there were sudden showers of hailstones, an indication of how cold the atmosphere is getting.

Ashcombe, how lovely that you were married at Cockington. I remember the place well and felt like a child again when I visited the place, it was magic. Then when in Oz, on a visit to Canberra, I was back in Cockington again to which Green had been added on to it. It was an exact replica of the village in Torbay and also the place where I saw my first ever bluebird, not much bigger than our wren.
Enjoy your Anniversary day as best you can flowers

Must do some polishing of the sideboard and fireplace and wash the ornaments for their annual " do "----so many of them and so fiddly, especially the dangly crystals on the Victorian lustres. Not sure any of the family would entertain them in their more modern homes grin
Other than that a bit of ironing later and a macaroni dinner to prepare.

I was on the phone before to a support officer who rang to see if I was still in the land of the living and she was saying she'd been working from home for 32 weeks now and didn't envisage a quick return to her usual face to face visiting until well into next year. I did tell her that a pandemic can run its course for at least two years , so by 2022 we should be okay. A long way to go yet.

At the moment I've started a shopping list for a big Asda shop next week to try and get as much as I can to cover over the festive season. The things you tend to forget when engrossed in other things nearer the time. Present shopping will be mostly online.

Hope everyone's still well and coping alright. Also that hospital stay won't be too long for the poster's DH ( forgot who it was, sorry ).
Take care and stay safe everyone xx Gilly too.flowers

mamaa Thu 29-Oct-20 09:53:37

Grandmabatty couldn't have put it better myself...

GrannyOwl5 Thu 29-Oct-20 09:45:55

Good morning everyone from a grey and dismal north Kent. DH has gone off with a spring in his step to play golf; think he will need his waterproofs and umbrella as rain is forecast.
So, I have a Marydoll “empty” this morning.
Not a lot planned for today; some more watercolour painting and then will have to decide what to do about the bathroom redesign planned for next month. We are still Tier 1, but cases are rising as they are everywhere. Will make a decision re tiles, sink etc and then wait a week or so to finally decide. My inclination is to postpone until next spring, but we shall see.
Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Ashcombe.
Hello BlueSapphire ?. Add my plea to EllanVannin not to leave; there are some nasty posters around who disguise their vindictive and spiteful remarks as the right to have their own opinion - please don’t give them the satisfaction of driving you away. The mornings wouldn’t be the same without your news from Merseyside and your crumpets.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe

Grandmabatty Thu 29-Oct-20 09:38:18

I'm popping back to add my pleas to EllanVannin. Please stay. That poster would get what they want if the decent folk like you leave. Many of us can see right through them, even if the powers that be can't.

Grandmafrench Thu 29-Oct-20 09:29:39

That’s not lazy, Blue - that’s just doing what you want. Why not?
Sounds like a cosy afternoon trip down memory lane. Perhaps for Christmas you’ll need a tea towel printed with :

Nostalgia - maybe a thing of the past? ??

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 29-Oct-20 09:24:55

Morning all from a dreary South Notts. I hope to go out for a little drive shortly and then mosey about for the rest of the day. We go into strict lockdown (Tier 3) on Friday, I think. What a year! Oh well, we must take pleasure in small things.

Take care everyone, especially those with illness or worries and our absentees.

Nannytopsy Thu 29-Oct-20 09:24:35

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Grey and wet in Suffolk too. I have had enough rain now thank you - a few days of autumn sunshine please!!
Urms I have hair too - any chance of a photo?
Happy Anniversary to the Ashcombes and best wishes to Gramaretto.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Thu 29-Oct-20 09:24:21

Good morning from a very dull and damp Northampton. Looks like it will be another day in. I managed a quick walk to the postbox yesterday and got back just as the rain started. I spent a lovely afternoon watching a couple of Cliff Richard programmes I had recorded recently, and then topped that off by watching 'A Hard Day's Night', and singing along to all the songs! Happy memories of the Sixties!

Just the usual few jobs to do today, plus hoovering upstairs, and a quick downstairs run-over with the Hoover as the cats seem to be shedding an awful lot at the moment.

Will be putting a goulash in the slow cooker this morning. Hopefully enough for two meals, eat one and freeze one. Will add a tin of beans and some lentils to bulk it out. I am being very lazy and have bought chopped onions and sliced carrots for the freezer, as I found that fresh veggies were going off before I could use them up.

Hoping things go well today for all.

Grandmafrench Thu 29-Oct-20 09:24:21

Ellan Don’t you dare!
You are soooooooo much better than that, so don’t punish all your mates here.