Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(90 Posts)
12Michael Fri 30-Oct-20 06:12:45

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dry but windy here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday , I did start to get gift cards for Xmas , did my usual route into Bicester ,and came back direct .
Today a small shop , then bank later followed by take away fish & chips before settling down for the afternoon .
Take care ,
Mick

Grandmafrench Fri 30-Oct-20 22:24:25

A bit too late to post any comforting message, Maw but I am sad to read your post and hope sincerely that all the kindly comments have helped you a little today and you aren't feeling distressed now. flowers

Grandmafrench Fri 30-Oct-20 22:22:35

You put an asterisk directly in front of the name you type and one directly afterwards (no spaces). If you "preview message" to check, you will see that it comes out in bold.

Welcome to our very special Good Morning thread (at this rate you and I could be first to post after Mick grin)

Valels Fri 30-Oct-20 22:18:17

Thanks for the mention Mapleleaf**. Yes, I'm new to this thread though have posted a couple of times on others. I'm still finding my way around the forums! (But can't work out how to put names in bold when using my Kindle!)

Urmstongran Fri 30-Oct-20 18:08:36

Back home & caught up here.

Maw that’s so very sad. When your husband was alive he would be the only one able to share your grief as the years passed. Together you could bear it by recalling memories of your baby. Now those poignant recollections are yours alone to remember and I really feel for you today on this unwanted anniversary. x

Mapleleaf Fri 30-Oct-20 15:49:46

MawB2 sending some flowers to you. ??
I’m sorry that you are having such a sad day. Take care.

brook2704 Fri 30-Oct-20 15:20:43

Just popped back to catch up on all the news and wanted to send a big virtual hug and ? for maw

Annapops Fri 30-Oct-20 14:48:23

So sad Maw. What a truly heartbreaking time for you. If it can be of any help to you at all I like to believe that the children we have lost live on in the children of the present. I'm sure within those precious grandsons of yours a part of your boy is there. Whenever I hear my GD1 speak I hear the voice of my youngest sister who we lost at the age of 13. It offers me some consolation and I hope it does you too. They are always with us. Sending a hug.

NfkDumpling Fri 30-Oct-20 14:20:32

flowers. So sorry Maw.

Susan56 Fri 30-Oct-20 13:22:10

Maw?sorry you are having a sad day,sending our love to you.

Stilllearning Fri 30-Oct-20 13:20:22

Gentle support to you*Maw*, I hope that all the thoughts from here help at least with the 'aloneness', the day will pass.

aggie Fri 30-Oct-20 12:44:21

maw hope something cheers you up today flowers

Grandmabatty Fri 30-Oct-20 12:33:13

MawB ? for you. As Scarlet O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day." Feel better soon.

Nannytopsy Fri 30-Oct-20 12:32:45

Sorry today is a sad day Maw ?

Doodle Fri 30-Oct-20 12:15:51

Maw flowers . Hattie go and give your mum a snuggle ?

grandMattie Fri 30-Oct-20 12:11:26

? Maw. Hope you get back to your cheerful self soon. It’s ridiculous how little things like no coffee pods affect us. More ?

Jaxjacky Fri 30-Oct-20 11:44:01

Maw a down in the dumps day ??

dragonfly46 Fri 30-Oct-20 11:36:03

I too am sending you hugs and flowers Maw.

Gelisajams Fri 30-Oct-20 11:35:51

Just popped back, thanks Lins1066 I have Delia’s book. Doesn’t everybody. I look up what ingredients I need and add them on my Sainsbury’s delivery for tomorrow.
Sorry you are feeling so down Maw The flowers are for you.?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 30-Oct-20 11:32:54

Sending you a big (((hug))) MawB2flowers

Feelingmyage55 Fri 30-Oct-20 11:16:32

Good morning from a chilly and wet north of Scotland. The new tier system means my AC will not be able to visit next week. I feel a little sorry for myself as I have seen so little of her but much sadder for her as she is working so hard and deserves a rest. I had a telephone appointment this morning with my new GP and while she tried her best it really needed some “hands on” but that is not going to happen. My blood test is long overdue and that is not going to happen any time soon either. I am going to brave the pharmacy for my prescription and may as well go into supermarket and pick up some Hallowe’en bits and also hopefully some Christmas cards in the charity shop. That’s the day sorted Friday fish for tea, then I have a new Val McDermid book for the weekend. Missing gillybob particularly on a Friday. Hope you DH is being well looked after grammaretto and you all find some time to look after yourselves as well as those you care for.

Sar53 Fri 30-Oct-20 11:05:53

Thinking of you today Maw flowers x

GrannyOwl5 Fri 30-Oct-20 11:00:01

Just popped back to give these to Maw ? and let her know that many of us will be thinking of her during the day

EllanVannin Fri 30-Oct-20 10:59:12

Maw x flowers

Beauregard Fri 30-Oct-20 10:55:18

Maw flowers

GrannyOwl5 Fri 30-Oct-20 10:54:29

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is bright and breezy. Have been out to the local greengrocers who were brilliant in keeping us all supplied during lockdown. Only a small shop, but very community minded. Enjoyed the walk as yesterday was a washout as far as gallivanting goes.
Have decided to postponed the installation of the new bathroom; will rebook for early May when we can be out of the house more when the workmen are here. Just have to remember what I intend doing so we don’t have to start again!
Friends round later for home made pizza in the garden; we have a couple of patio heaters, several warm throws and a fire pit, but don’t think we shall need any of those as it is so mild.
Hope everyone has a good Friday; keep on plodding on; we will get there in the end. Stay safe