Gransnet forums

Chat

Sorry - another games one...

(11 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sat 31-Oct-20 08:40:33

Good morning everyone
I recall that a couple of weeks ago, someone started a thread about the amount of games threads in Active discussions.
It was quite a bone of contention. Please be aware that I don't want to upset anyone here.

But I have made an observation this morning.
Due to the sheer amount of games threads showing up, users cannot see threads that have been created late at night or in the early hours.
This results in the creation of duplicate threads.
I've noticed that this morning alone, there are two separate threads about the PM Reverend Scammer; and also two separate threads about the end of the marriage of Fay Weldon.

Any thoughts / suggestions?
(Should I have posted this is Site Stuff, in retrospect?)

Anyway - thank you!smile

Pittcity Sat 31-Oct-20 08:43:36

I just hide threads I don't want to see using the drop down menu that is accessed from the little arrow to the far right of the thread title.
I seem to be doing it more often recently.

FannyCornforth Sat 31-Oct-20 09:10:25

Now three threads about the good Reverend.

YorkLady Sat 31-Oct-20 09:28:01

Pittcity

I just hide threads I don't want to see using the drop down menu that is accessed from the little arrow to the far right of the thread title.
I seem to be doing it more often recently.

I have looked for this arrow in vain. Am using IPad, how do I hide threads please.

BlueBelle Sat 31-Oct-20 09:40:55

yourklady it’s long winded on the iPad and has to be done regularly you go down to the bottom click on ‘desktop’ then click onto the thread you want to hide then you will see the little arrow at top right hand corner click on that and it gives some alternatives ‘to do’ list about third or fourth down is ‘ hide this discussion’
It’s not permanent though so every few days you have to do it one by one grrrrrrrrr

YorkLady Sat 31-Oct-20 11:25:32

Thanks BlueBell. Lost interest after 20 mins of “ hide This discussion “. What a faff!?

Maggiemaybe Sat 31-Oct-20 11:52:12

I did once suggest that we could do with the facility to hide a whole forum, but this seemed to upset some gamers who said it wouldn’t be inclusive. I just see it as a practical solution.

Oldbat1 Wed 04-Nov-20 16:42:05

I am totally fed up with all the games threads!,! Is there an easy way on the iPad to stop seeing them? How toi find out from the “powers that be”. Grrrr. Today is the worst ever.

BlueBelle Wed 04-Nov-20 17:48:45

See my post above as far as I know that’s the only way it’s time consuming and they all come back again ?

Oldbat1 Wed 04-Nov-20 18:13:08

You may all be relieved to know I’ve at last managed to stop some of the games. I can’t believe how difficult it is to unfollow a discussion. I know it is work in progress but I’ve seen a bit of a solution. Thank you.

cornishpatsy Wed 04-Nov-20 18:44:56

I am using a laptop, changed to mobile site, spent ages deleting the games thread only for them to reappear when I went back to desktop site!