Gransnet forums

Chat

New

(23 Posts)
Callistemon Wed 04-Nov-20 21:08:45

ixion
am not sure, as yet, whether I have the stamina, or indeed the skill set, to offer my services to the Argy Bargy Bar!

Avoid that lot at all costs, they are louche and debauched! They'll get you scrubbing the floors.

Charleygirl5 Wed 04-Nov-20 19:12:34

ixion there are panes of glass in the windows but the level of hygiene is no existent so you know the answer re being able to peep through.

Puzzler61 Wed 04-Nov-20 19:08:00

Welcome EvieJ, Graknit69, bonfirebirthday and ixion.
Look forward to seeing you on discussion threads.
soop’s kitchen has the best food as it’s calorie free and highly recommended
and Charleygirl has already tipped you the wink regarding what to avoid in the amazing Argy Bar. ?

ixion Wed 04-Nov-20 19:06:06

Thank you for those helpful hints - maybe I will peep through the windows for a look-see first? (Are the panes clean enough to see through? Is there glass in them, even??)

Charleygirl5 Wed 04-Nov-20 18:59:56

Welcome ixion.You will enjoy soop's kitchen and the Good Morning threads. You need an iron stomach for the Argy Bargy because you would not be given a straight forward drink- it would be laced with Dettol or bleach. I prefer to bring my own, in a can, Diet coke! Never eat anything there and do not visit the loo. Apart from that, the staff are friendly.

ixion Wed 04-Nov-20 18:50:09

Hello!
I am new too, and look forward to joining you all on the Good Morning thread tomorrow!
I am drawn to Soop's kitchen, and will bring some nibbles, but am not sure, as yet, whether I have the stamina, or indeed the skill set, to offer my services to the Argy Bargy Bar!
See you tomorrow!

maddyone Wed 04-Nov-20 18:13:48

And welcome to our other newcomers.

maddyone Wed 04-Nov-20 18:13:09

Hi Evie welcome.

Charleygirl5 Wed 04-Nov-20 18:06:02

Welcome bonfire, Graknit and Evie - there are some lovely threads- try Good Morning, make yourselves known and get to "know" the other contributors. Where do you all come from?

bonfirebirthday Wed 04-Nov-20 17:57:46

Thank you BlueBell and Grandmafrench for your supportive comments. I will take your advice.

Grandmafrench Wed 04-Nov-20 17:49:57

EvieJ, Graknit69 and bonfirebirthday - a big welcome to you. I second what Georgesgran has said, get your sea legs and maybe start on the Good Morning thread. It's a great way to learn about many regular posters - and to feel included. But to avoid disappointment!!!!!! definitely avoid any political threads or the estrangement threads - at least until you're used to Gransnet.

BlueBelle Wed 04-Nov-20 17:45:25

Welcome Evie you should enjoy it
Just stay off the political sites bonfire ?

bonfirebirthday Wed 04-Nov-20 17:36:22

I signed up for the second time on the 28 0ctober this year. I originally joined the site about a year ago. I found some of comments (relating to politics) rather scary and over the top, some were quite vitriolic so I left. I am now trying again so hello'.

Graknit69 Wed 04-Nov-20 17:27:02

Hello all. I've just signed up and am looking forward to joining in. I'm in Lancashire, England. I have 4 sons and 2 granddaughters.

Luckygirl Wed 04-Nov-20 17:14:15

Welcome from me too.

Georgesgran Wed 04-Nov-20 16:20:18

Welcome EvieJ - I’d recommend reading the ‘Good Morning’ posts and you’ll get to know and learn a little about most posters. That’s a friendly, welcoming site.

Callistemon Wed 04-Nov-20 10:29:04

Hello and welcome EvieJ

If you look at Forums I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

Chewbacca Wed 04-Nov-20 10:19:29

Hello EvieJ

vampirequeen Wed 04-Nov-20 10:17:34

Hello and welcome

dragonfly46 Wed 04-Nov-20 09:58:55

Welcome EvieJ. Tell us a little about yourself.

fevertree Wed 04-Nov-20 09:58:34

Hi Evie welcome. There's something for everyone here, a variety of topics and discussions. I dip in and out, take what I like, and leave the rest. ?

Witzend Wed 04-Nov-20 09:57:27

Hello, EvieJ, I hope you’ll enjoy GN.

EvieJ Wed 04-Nov-20 09:35:02

Good morning all

I'm new here so just wanted to say hi to you all.
Some of the chats look very interesting, so i'm sure i'll enjoy read them later.