Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(88 Posts)
12Michael Thu 12-Nov-20 06:10:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks dry and cold outside .
Usual day some housework , wait for post , I did watch some cycling last late afternoon on Eurosport from Bulgaria euro track cycling apart from competitor's ,and team support no spectators gave it a very dull atmosphere , nationally team numbers appeared to be low as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

Urmstongran Thu 12-Nov-20 18:16:46

Just seen our EV is back!
YAY‼️
?

Jamie Thu 12-Nov-20 17:57:27

Glad to see you back Ellan V Have missed your daily posts.
So sorry to hear about your friend.flowers

LadyO Thu 12-Nov-20 17:39:00

?Yep you guessed correctly, I was speed reading...
I would never presume to correct your grammar Grandmafrench! Love hearing your ?? updates...
I wish I had a Dr Wonder!

EllanVannin Thu 12-Nov-20 17:02:33

Goodness me, ladies, how humbling it is to see your greetings xx.
I must promise not to speak out of turn then I won't have to do" jankers" again grin I'll keep a rein on my mouth.

Jaxjacky Thu 12-Nov-20 16:55:52

Welcome back EllanVannin and Grandmafrench, you always cheer me. In fact this whole Good Morning post starts my day well, so thank you Mick too.

gillgran Thu 12-Nov-20 16:17:11

Really good to have you back EllanVannin, we have missed you. "Gladdens the heart"! flowers

CherryCezzy Thu 12-Nov-20 14:06:04

Lovely to see you back EllanVannin ?

Grandmafrench Thu 12-Nov-20 13:45:34

Feelingmyage. “ Family Zoom tonight so I’d better look respectable”. Seriously? Have you read this thread? Our favourite Mersey person is back, frightening the postman with her sartorial 8.30am elegance and hair “like a burst mattress”. Whilst GrandmaSue - complete with mask and double glazing, is “prancing down the road like a dressage pony” with a crutch. Will you ever be able to compete? It’s like going camping with a bunch of old friends. As long as we laugh at ourselves, We.Just.Do.Not.Care! I’ve just had to locate a tissue for my ?tears!

So very pleased to see you back and to know you’re ok Ellan

I love you lot ?
I thought, surely they’re not now picking me up on grammar? Bit harsh! Then I saw that you possibly tend to speed read like me......there’s more and more stuff to read each day from everyone (thankfully). It’s good to know you read the posts but even nicer to think you believe I might have a Doctor Wonder! I shall tell her. She loves the British - because, she says, they are always so polite and grateful! And there you have it.

Keep smiling. See you soon ??

Dwmxwg Thu 12-Nov-20 13:35:28

Great to see you back Ellan I always look forward to reading your posts

dragonfly46 Thu 12-Nov-20 13:33:34

Great to see you Ellan

farview Thu 12-Nov-20 13:22:34

Welcome back EllanVannin...you should write a book of short stories...love your posts and you just described my hair exactly!?

Ashcombe Thu 12-Nov-20 13:17:58

???????⭐️

Welcome back to EllanVannin!

????❤️??⭐️

Grandmabatty Thu 12-Nov-20 13:00:51

Popping back with balloons and bunting - welcome back EllanVannin

Feelingmyage55 Thu 12-Nov-20 12:44:47

Good day from a bright and remarkably mild north of Scotland. Had a busy morning with phone calls. No calls for a few days, then all come at once. Had a zoom quiz last night and lots of laughs, we break in the middle and have coffee/tea/wine while chatting then back to the important competitive stuff. I was so happy to win a round, I’m still smiling. Family zoom tonight so I’d better look respectable. I’m off to watch House of Cards on catch-up. It was recommended by young friends and the more I watch it the more I enjoy it. Twenty five minutes of relaxing fun.
Have the best afternoon you can. ? for everyone.

LauraNorder Thu 12-Nov-20 12:39:37

‘Hair like a burst mattress‘, grin welcome back EV

Mapleleaf Thu 12-Nov-20 12:34:14

Good afternoon folks,

I've not read all the posts properly yet, but thought I'd better post before it gets any later.

Nice to see you back, Ellan.

I had my Pilates class this morning then popped out to collect prescriptions. Had to use DH car as mine has a flat battery due to lack of use and being penned in the garage. DH is charging it, so fingers crossed that it will work, otherwise it's a call to the AA. The trouble is it's not getting a proper run anywhere which doesn't do it any good, but as we can't venture far yet, it's a bit of a problem.

I hope everyone is alright today. At least the sun is shining which makes a big difference to mood, I think.

Take care everyone ?

cornergran Thu 12-Nov-20 12:34:00

Good to see you back EV. Sorry to hear about your online friend, sad news.

Lins1066 Thu 12-Nov-20 12:27:26

A warm welcome back EV ?

Susan56 Thu 12-Nov-20 12:22:41

Good to see you back Ellan??

GrannyGravy13 Thu 12-Nov-20 11:49:16

Welcome back EV ?

HAZBEEN Thu 12-Nov-20 11:40:35

Welcome back Ellan! Now I know what you are cooking I can feel inspired! You were missed.

EllanVannin Thu 12-Nov-20 11:37:45

Good Morning All x------Back in the fold .
My thanks to all for showing concern and a special thanks to Dragonfly for her " announcement ".x I've been in the doghouse grin

A bright sunny day here so there's some dark washing on the go---not that I expect it to end up bone dry but it'll be fresh.
I feel as though I've done a days work before I start because after feeding the cats, the older one threw up ( greed ) so I had to set-to and don the rubber gloves and Dettol, then mopped all round.

Then there was a knock on the door @ 08.30 or thereabouts, it was my newspaper man who was new to the delivery and was checking it was the right address. Bet he got a fright because, mop in hand, hair like a burst mattress and no dressing gown covering my rather old night attire. He probably felt sorry for me grin

Which then prompted me to get myself washed and dressed to get the crumpets and hot choc. going. I'm far more respectable now !

Yesterday I'd made the best beef stew ever and thoroughly enjoyed it, 2 helpings with 4 rounds of bread. It went down a treat. It's no wonder I slept like a log. There's probably enough for just one bowl of it today.

Had some sad news a couple of days ago that an online friend had died. We'd always kept up with our news etc. via pm's and emails and were going to meet up in her old birthplace of Liverpool after her move to Somerset, but sadly it didn't develop. So very sad that after nearly 9 years we never got to meet.

So much going on with all of you I can't keep up.
Sorry to hear that Marydoll isn't too grand and also hoping that Urmston's D soon begins to feel more human as it's a pig of a thing to get over and of course the wrong part of the year to get over anything.

Feeling sorry for Scentia's D's sickness, poor girl, nothing worse.
Hope Dragonfly's day goes well too, it'll just be the tiredness later.
Thoughts to all who have struggles and worries and hope too that Gilly and her gang are alright,x

Have the best day you can everyone, stay safe and take care xx

Lins1066 Thu 12-Nov-20 11:37:13

A late good morning from the S Welsh coast. Busy day here, the bed is stripped and the sheets are on the line. We have sold my late parents in law's bungalow and our son is here to help his father clear it out. All I have to do is feed them.
We had a nice walk yesterday, the sea was slate grey and rough but we could see the green fields on top of the Exmoor hills opposite.
Looking forward to hearing from EV, I've missed you.
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

HAZBEEN Thu 12-Nov-20 11:22:06

A late good morning everyone.
Its a sunny day here next to Heathrow, the gardeners have just been to clear a mountain of leaves in the communal gardens. Its all looking better now. They even cleared them from our little plot we have for our own use under the windows. Its only a tiny bit about 4 foot deep by 15 foot long but we can plant our own stuff in there as long as we dont plant trees or bushes up against the flats wall. We are not allowed pots or planters and we cant put up hanging baskets but it does mean we can have a bit colour in the summer.
Not a lot planned for today, maybe some sewing or I might start reading the new book I have just downloaded.
Stay safe all, hugs for those that need them and special thoughts to EV and Fanny.

MellowYellow Thu 12-Nov-20 11:19:24

You haven't seen the sculptures Stilllearning! They're made from plaster bandage and washed-up fishing line. Nothing complicated, honestly!