Gransnet forums

Chat

Interior Design Courses?

(6 Posts)
Casdon Thu 12-Nov-20 10:54:43

I’m newly retired, and one of my projects is to do up my house now I have the opportunity, this winter seems an ideal time. I’d like to do an online interior design course, there seems to be loads of options but I’d prefer to have some personal recommendations (or condemnations) if anybody on here has done one - good or bad?

Blossoming Sat 14-Nov-20 19:12:41

Sorry can’t help. I did a FutureLearn course about fashion history and it was well presented with great course material, might be worth looking on their website.

merlotgran Sat 14-Nov-20 19:22:58

Design courses cover a lot of areas that might not be of use to you unless you are hoping to branch out into doing it for others. Choose one that doesn't focus too much on customer requirements, measuring, technical drawing and costing etc.

DD2 did one when her children were small. I'll ask her which one if you like.

J52 Sat 14-Nov-20 19:26:05

I did my course with The British Academy of Interior Design. They offer several levels of course, up to post Graduate Diploma.
The course materials and feedback were excellent. You get your own personal tutor and it can be taken entirely on line, or you can attend seminars at weekends.
Have a look at their website.

Jane10 Sat 14-Nov-20 19:49:03

Interior design or interior decoration? There's a difference!

Casdon Sat 14-Nov-20 20:07:15

Interior design is what I’m after, rather than just decoration as I’m up for knocking walls down and reconfiguring spaces to work better. Thanks J52, I’ll look into The British Academy of Interior Design as that sounds like a good option.