Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 12-Nov-20 12:58:22

Hi! Back to sanity! Who could have imagined that an innocent remark about "dangling prepositions" would expose so many nerves.?
I was pleased to learn that several members actually read this Good Evening thread and they are most welcome, of course, especially so if adding to interesting contributions.
Good news continues from "Down Under", Melb. in particular, now with !3 straight days with no Covid cases or deaths.
This evening's TV entertainment was a further Part about the Great Fire of London. Very realistic.
Last evening was The Royals v The Tabloids. Very interesting the way these documentaries act as reminders of events long forgotten, but also seen from new angles.

Still waiting for builders to start work on opposite block; that will take care of day-time entertainment!

The forecast thunderstorms didn't materialise last night which was disappointing; you can't beat a good sound and light show, for free!

Jane I've had further advice on how to pronounce "botty" from your compatriots plus "turn your volume up"! That's not the problem; A caption generator is needed.

Megs Thanks for your comment; brings back fond memories! grin
But she was out of order and I'm sorry you had to cop that.
Oh dear! I think I've ended with a dangling preposition, but no doubt somone will correct that; and again! confused

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Buffybee Thu 12-Nov-20 13:11:40

Hi Rufus, if it was the Diana Interview you saw the other night, I found it as cringe worthy as it was 25 years ago.
Poor girl, completely taken in by Bashir, I’ve never liked him.
She was definitely a loose cannon for the Royals but also a lovely lady.
Good news that your Covid cases are right down to zero.
I can’t wait for the vaccine to be released, to get back to some sort of normality.
We’re having unseasonably mild and sunny weather here in your old neck of the woods. I’m making the most of it, off out for a walk with my little dog.
Bye for now or OoRoo

Megs36 Thu 12-Nov-20 15:23:05

Hello Rufus,
I’m feeling very educated now grammar wise, The only O levels (remember them) I got were English Grammar and Literature , and those when I was in my forties! But really got lost on that thread until eventually I was told the discussion was really none of my business. pleased you have weathered the storm though.
As to TV we have a Freeview box which has died, waiting for anew one, so trying to use i player more, nearly came to blows trying to catch up on Harlots (have you got that) and Hoby City, finally got them so felt quite pleased with ourselves??. Like I’ve said before technology has really overtaken me, What’s App is the best I can manage although ‘saw’ grandson in a lovely warm NSW on Tuesday which was great.

All the best

Cheers. ????????

Megs36 Thu 12-Nov-20 15:24:38

Holby not Hoby.?

rafichagran Thu 12-Nov-20 15:33:28

Hi Rufus, Hope you are keeping well. Very quick post as going out in a minute.

Jaxjacky Thu 12-Nov-20 16:31:21

Hi Rufus, pleased all is well and you’re still ‘bug’ free, not so here I’m afraid. But, the sun shone today albeit about 11deg, meant the quick trip to the post office was pleasant. Still no Freda run? I too love a storm, not so frequent in our winter months. Husband watching the golf from Augusta, all in short sleeves, much like yourselves I imagine, do you have air con? Gosh I’m nosy...
Take care ?