Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Fryday

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 13-Nov-20 14:13:48

Good Evening; Hope you are all keeping happy and content and looking forward to a Merry Christmas! Zoom and all those other Apps will certainly play a big part and it’s marvellous they can help bring families together from all over the world!

More good news from VIC now that we have had 14 days without any Covid related new cases or deaths. This has prompted mass removal of border controls between certain States, with only W.Australia indulging in foot-dragging; Tasmania is about to welcome Victorians and so we are all looking forward to a revival in or tourism industry.

One “fly-in-the-ointment” was depicted on TV news this evening showing kilometre after kilometre of cars apparently all heading somewhere to spend their new-found “freedom” this week-end.
My first thought was “Blimey!” Was this what all those lockdowns were about? Does this represent the so-called “New normal”? Looked very much like the “Old normal” to me! But we mustn’t whinge, not even when I logged on this morning to find a message from the stewards, warning me yet again to watch myself and keep out of the betting ring! It’s not Friday the 13th. for nothing. shock

Another choccy prog. episode on TV this evening! I know some people who would put on a few pounds just by watching! A highlight was a company in Somerset , in Chard I think, making a fruit and vegie show out of chocolate; choc. carrots, sprouts, cutlery, etc. all spread out on a table-cloth made of choc. on a display table, also made of chocolate!. Incredible!
Then we turned attention to Mackintosh,Quality Street. Soul-lifting stuff!

Megs That “storm” was really just a storm in a teacup and I hope you feel a better person after all those grammar lessons on dangling prepositions; smile
I couldn’t help recalling all those plays like what Ernie Wise wrote. They don’t write them like that no more!
No Holby or Harlots here, not that I’ve really looked The last time I tried to access iplayer the prog. was not available to us . Haven’t tried again because UK/TV, YouTube and SBSTV covers most, the latter has just finished a long series about Hitler and the SS. Now “The Secrets of the Tower of London” So you see we’re not afraid of culture! grin

Jaxjacky Be as nosey as you like! But I’m not posting any mug shots; maybe I could get Freda to pose for a few angles, but forget the short sleeves, mostly short shorts which are OK for Zoom sessions because the ladies don’t get to see my chubby knees, otherwise they’d be using their smartphones and Dr. Google to track me down.
What did Mr.J think of that hole-in-one? Incredible! I forget who it was (not being a golfer myself), but watching that ball going “ducks and drakes” across the pond and down the hole was unbelievable. He couldn’t do that again in a month of Sundays. shock

Yes, we have air-con, although not the season just yet, more like C/H some evenings when the house cools down to20C.
The A/C is the evaporative type whereby air is drawn down through water-soaked pads in a box on the roof, cools and then fan-forced to ceiling vents throughout the house. Only running cost is for fan and it only needs to drop the temp. down by 15C to be of benefit One of our better buys!
Buffy Nice to hear from you again. Been anywhere special, although you’ll be locked down too I suppose, If my memory serves me right, wasn’t there some sort of food festival out Gorton way? Probably cancelled these days, like most gatherings

That TV prog was really about “The Tabloids” justifying their role over the years following the theory that Royals, especially “naughty ones” “sell” newspapers and it wasn’t the Press that killed Diana, it was a drunk driver!

How is my “old neck of the woods” looking.these days? As Donald would say “it’s all fake news” about it’s always raining in Manchester!
Noticed a recent news item that all City and United players live in “posh” Altrincham!
Is that your “neck of the woods”?

25C forecast for Sat’Day (to-day!), 31C Sunday! Can’t wait!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Megs36 Fri 13-Nov-20 16:09:41

Rufus just typed long message and lost it, the gremlins are about again, message mainly about my non existent Christmas shopping, vouchers for everyone, whilst we are locked in it’s the easiest option. ‘Even lockdown ‘ ?
Got an email from HQ reprimanding me, SOMEONE had complained, not sure why, it could be because I have alternative opinions to others.
Enjoy your good weather,no too bad here bit chilly late afternoon, and slosh on the sun cream.
Cheers
???????

Jaxjacky Fri 13-Nov-20 17:03:17

Hi Rufus, it was John Rahm with that shot, Mr J wishing he’d produce similar during the actual game, he has a small flutter on him e/w. Chilly today with sun, rain forecast all weekend, I won’t get to my allotment, need to get the garlic in, but it will wait. Might watch the horses tomorrow afternoon, Venetia Williams, a trainer I sort of follow, has some horses running, might win 50p off Mr J. Enjoy your weekend.
Stay safe ?

Rufus2 Sat 14-Nov-20 11:07:00

Got an email from HQ reprimanding me, SOMEONE had complained, not sure why, it could be because I have alternative opinions to others

Megs Sorry about that! You must have the Bcc of mine, but I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it! grin
It's my fault and you've been convicted under the ancient fallacy of Guilty by Association! hmm
"Alternative opinions wouldn't get you into trouble, surely!?
Good Health
OoRoo