Gransnet forums

Chat

Is lock down making you lazy.....

(255 Posts)
travelsafar Sat 14-Nov-20 09:45:35

Being as the dark nights and colder weather now rolling in i find myself starting to get lazy. In the last LD i worked every day in the garden and also walked. Now i walk for an hour a day and after completing necessary chores, time is on my hands. I have things i could do but i can't be bothered. Before there was a sense of urgency to complete tasks as i had social activities to go to, family and friends to visit and meet up with. In the summer there was the nuturing of plants in the greenhouse and garden and even after evening meal the watering of both to be done. I find myself spending more time trawling on the internet or sitting watching tv and knitting. I dont like it, is this the slippery slope to complete inactivity!!!! I also find that y diet is also up the creek because i get up later i have breakfast later, dont want lunch and make do with a cuppa and some bics around 3ish. Rarely do i want an evening meal but have to cook for DH so make myself eat something. I feel the whole stucture of my daily life has disappeared.

Callistemon Tue 15-Dec-20 16:02:43

I'm a terrible present wrapper.

My MIL used to be very good; she was used to wrapping up parcels in her shop in brown paper and string, very neatly indeed.

I feel a song coming on
#JulieAndrews

Lucretzia Tue 15-Dec-20 14:53:51

Callistemon

I'm not being lazy, I'm busy on here!

Exactly!

Should have thought of that smile

And the mammoth present wrapping has also kept me busy. And infuriated. I'm not a natural present wrapper.

Lucretzia Tue 15-Dec-20 14:52:42

OldBiddyVera!

You share 2 of my favourite hobbies!

Fortnite and horror films

I was rather disappointed this morning. Updated Fortnite and expected it to be all Christmassy and nothing had changed!

As to the OP yes, I am indeed lazier. Not doing my usual stiff means I sit around more.

ButI still do a couple of hours walk with my dog in the evening so all isn't lost

Callistemon Tue 15-Dec-20 10:41:41

I'm not being lazy, I'm busy on here!

OldBiddyVera Tue 15-Dec-20 10:39:58

This lockdown is life draining, although the only posotive it that i have an xbox, i dont like to play minecraft though as it gives me headaches. Fortnite does the job, sat on my sofa in my pj's all day i dont know what my life has come to. Love to go out for a walk but cannot be bothered anymore. ? For some reason during the second lockdown i have found horror movies do the trick. In this lockdown they show you things that make you feel grateful your not in that position and youre just in a lockdown. Im sure it will end soon when the vaccine is out im running to my destiny, not to worry ive always got the gin! ?

MawBe Thu 19-Nov-20 18:44:23

Moi? Layzeee?

MayBee70 Thu 19-Nov-20 16:59:25

I’ve realised there is one thing I’ve started doing since lockdown. Because I’d stopped wearing make up I hadn’t been putting sun protection on my face and my skin had become quite leathery. Then, having seen a thread of gransnet about B&B cream, not knowing what it was but then realising that I had actually bought some, I’ve started putting it on my face each day. Along with a bit of touché éclat under my eyes. It makes me feel healthier when I look in the mirror.

phoenix Mon 16-Nov-20 18:55:28

Thank you Charleygirl5, wise words indeed!

Charleygirl5 Mon 16-Nov-20 18:53:14

phoenix as far as I am aware, there is nothing wrong with your present job, Mr. P is gainfully employed, the cats need you and may I suggest you stay at home, paying the mortgage and forgetting about ridiculous jobs and ignoring the ridiculous because it is not even a joke.

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 18:51:52

I'll remember that quote, lindiann, thank you
?

phoenix Mon 16-Nov-20 18:44:32

Oh, ok then Charleygirl5 I'll stick with the job I've got.

Galen , good point, I think some may have not considered that, but thank you for your most hospitable offer!

Galen Mon 16-Nov-20 18:39:14

Yes I think that’s marvellous!

lindiann Mon 16-Nov-20 18:25:42

twitter.com/i/status/1327701477008285696 smile

Charleygirl5 Mon 16-Nov-20 18:18:16

phoenix it is too cold to be sleeping outdoors, tent or not.

Galen Mon 16-Nov-20 18:18:09

Bicycles can be stored in the garage. Space for sleeping bags in the lounge.
Not sure how you’d get on on the motorway to Amazon from here on a bike though?

phoenix Mon 16-Nov-20 18:11:12

Nice, Galen !

But if I come by bicycle............

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 18:03:39

Well done, Galen, hope you turn a fast profit grin

Galen Mon 16-Nov-20 18:01:06

If you’re going to follow Maw’s advice and camp out in Portishead I can let you my drive at very reasonable rates. Room for two vans I reckon!?

Puzzler61 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:11:15

That’s great Callistemon.

Callistemon Mon 16-Nov-20 14:08:32

Here's a little present for all who are feeling lazy in lockdown:

Puzzler61 Mon 16-Nov-20 13:24:17

That’s my sister’s favourite too Galaxy.

Galaxy Mon 16-Nov-20 13:02:30

The biscuits made me smile whitewave.
My favourite is the mcdonalds one puzzler, it makes me cry.

Puzzler61 Mon 16-Nov-20 11:50:50

Sorry, this thread just took another turn!

Puzzler61 Mon 16-Nov-20 11:50:23

By the way I’ve enjoyed the Christmas adverts shown over this weekend. Has anyone else?
My favourite so far is DFS ‘s Wallace & Gromit one, although the John Lewis partnership snowman one is lovely too.

Puzzler61 Mon 16-Nov-20 11:49:01

MawB ‘s a poet,
Did she know it?
It is a beautifully rhyming piece of prose from the talented lady we know MawB2 to be. ?