Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sat'Day

(8 Posts)
Rufus2 Sat 14-Nov-20 12:39:22

Bouncing back with more good news, We've now scored 15 days with another double zero, so things are on track for further reduction in pandemic controls, but face-masks are here to stay until 2021.
People now beginning to question the logic of having to wear them in open spaces such as parks where it's so easy to maintain social distancing. I guess hefty on-the-spot fines are incentive enough to keep obeying!
One good thing is that it limits the chance of passers-by wanting to stop and ear-bash. grin
That golfer could dine out for free forever if the video is on his lap-top and you say it was only a practice shot?
I'll bet the bookies would lay long odds against him doing that again.
No signs of thunderstorms yet, but up at the "Top End" they're now a daily occurrence. Another weather-related phenomenon is "thunderstorm asthma"; not sure if it occurs before, during or after. Either way, it wouldn't be pleasant! sad

We don't "slosh" the sun-cream! "Slip, Slap, Slop" is the marketing jingle known throughout all schools.

Good move to catch them early!

I see Jack the Ripper is no more, dying of Covid 19. I imagine they'd practiced social distancing during his lockdown! hmm

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Megs36 Sat 14-Nov-20 13:58:36

So good to hear your Covid report, bit of a pain about face marks, strange how they affect me, glasses steam up, ?I know that’s usual, but also I suddenly become hard of hearing?......
Just a week into lockdown thoughI gather from some reports people are ignoring the Rules, me ? I’m too scared to break them and my husband is continuing shielding although not absolutely necessary, he won’t go in any shops yet and we don’t meet up with anyone, although I think son is visiting us briefly tomorrow. Hope more restrictions are being eased for you now and the storms are not too fierce.
Cheers????????

Jaxjacky Sat 14-Nov-20 15:10:17

Hi Rufus ? for more bug free days, long may it last and hopefully, eventually, we will be the same. I wish we had more rigorous hefty fines here, might stop people being so blasé. Well, a rainy day, watching the horses, nipped out to the shop earlier, so attempting the newspaper’s crossword.
Stay safe ?

Jane10 Sat 14-Nov-20 15:22:56

I had the steamed up face mask problem so I went to the local opticians to buy some anti fog solution. It was quite expensive for a little bottle but I was more surprised at the name if the product 'Cat Crap'! Most unexpected. However, it works well so no more feeling my way round the supermarket (!) and coming home with some irritating choices eg coffee beans instead of ground coffee. Oh well. Onwards.
I'm wondering what 'I'm a celebrity' will be like now it's not set in sunny Oz.

Megs36 Sat 14-Nov-20 15:56:39

Jane wonder who thought of that name and why ?

Jane10 Sat 14-Nov-20 16:03:51

Megs36 I googled it and it's something to do with skiers in the old days with goggles that steamed up while being towed uphill by caterpillar vehicles. Sounded pretty odd to me. DH was worried when I said I was cleaning my glasses with cat crap!

Megs36 Sat 14-Nov-20 16:15:42

??

Jaxjacky Sat 14-Nov-20 17:06:41

Megs36 think I’ll have to practice saying that with a straight face a few times!