Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh heavens, Mr P has surpassed himself! ?

(35 Posts)
phoenix Sat 14-Nov-20 17:21:53

He's just asked me if I wanted to go to the garden centre tomorrow.

I asked him why he thought that, his reply:

"Well, I thought you might like to buy that green thing."

I asked him what green thing he meant.

He replied "You know, that green thing with leaves"

Well, that narrows it downgrinand

Turns out, after further questioning, he meant a rather lovely hellebore that I had admired on our last visit!

Bless him!

Lucca Sun 15-Nov-20 16:40:51

I’m shocked. I’m tempted to divert thread to vegetables.
My son sent me this clip this morning.
www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/11/13/funny-looking-veg-is-still-making-the-nation-laugh-after-all-these-years/?fbclid=IwAR1JFDx_ol9GZDlIosBWIXylei4iKx1QRBGLxzMcS4Qa_kAzozzB_fSqEzw

SpringyChicken Sun 15-Nov-20 16:35:55

Suddenly, the tone of this thread has lowered. Haha.

timetogo2016 Sun 15-Nov-20 13:37:20

That was brilliant SpringyChicken,i laughed out loud and told my DH who did the same.
About time we had a good old laugh.thank you.

phoenix Sun 15-Nov-20 12:59:32

Perhaps, SpringyChicken could be a bit like old men's earlobes, iykwim?

SpringyChicken Sun 15-Nov-20 12:48:24

Trailing labia, now there's a thought.

Spangler Sun 15-Nov-20 10:58:32

phoenix Sun 15-Nov-20 10:08:17

Mr P did something similar, asking the garden centre lady if she had any trailing labia in stock.

He probably thinks that the vulva is a Swedish motor car.

felice Sun 15-Nov-20 10:21:06

I go cold whenever I see DD or SIL wandering round the garden 'looking' at things. What they know about plants would not even fit on the smallest postage stamp.
It has been my project since I moved here and after 8 years it is finally looking good.

phoenix Sun 15-Nov-20 10:08:17

Splutter!

Mr P did something similar, asking the garden centre lady if she had any trailing labia in stock.

SpringyChicken Sun 15-Nov-20 09:46:31

My podiatrist was discussing plants with a patient who said she must see her amazing Chlamydia.

Alishka Sat 14-Nov-20 23:30:52

You've reminded me - friends bought a house which had a rather spectacular weeping willow tree set in the lawn. The husband chopped the fronds back so that he could mow the grass without having to bend down. shockgrin

crazyH Sat 14-Nov-20 23:18:24

Funny posts ???

Spice101 Sat 14-Nov-20 23:13:11

V3ra

My husband's idea of gardening is to get the chainsaw and shredder out. He doesn't like any plants being taller than himself.
He needs very close supervision ?

Sounds like mine but he also has weed killer in his arsenal.

V3ra Sat 14-Nov-20 21:34:47

phoenix I just hang lots of tree chocolates on the one in my lounge. My minded children are allowed to find one a day each ?

Luckygirl the loss of fresh raspberries, oh no!!
One little boy brought a pot of raspberries in his lunchbag from home this week, turned his nose up at them and gave them back to me. I felt like saying, "Don't you know how lucky you are?" !

Luckygirl Sat 14-Nov-20 20:15:04

OH once triumphantly came in and told me he had weeded the raspberry canes - hmmmm. End of raspberries.

Susiewong65 Sat 14-Nov-20 19:51:57

SpringChicken I be just laughed out loud at that one - hilarious ?

phoenix Sat 14-Nov-20 18:52:11

Thank you V3ra they really do look very pretty when decorated!

There are 3 of different heights, and we have so many silver and white frosted ornaments that they end up smothered!

We used to have a real tree, but as it's only Mr P and I, and the tree was costing in excess of £35, we decided to go down this route.

Hetty58 Sat 14-Nov-20 18:45:32

My husband used to regularly ask me when the garden would be finished! He wasn't allowed to touch it, except for mowing the lawns!

V3ra Sat 14-Nov-20 18:40:50

Ooh I like your twig tree woodland corner phoenix!
I have three of those but in different rooms and they're out all year round, though without the decorations.

phoenix Sat 14-Nov-20 18:37:44

Yes, I was right bloody awful photo.

It looks much better than than that, honestly.

Lucca Sat 14-Nov-20 18:34:11

SpringyChicken

On holiday in Madeira, my husband was delighted to recognise a plant growing wild which we had as a house plant at home. "It's a ... erm...don't tell me, I know its name... erm... Creeping Jesus". Close. It was Wandering Jew.

Now that is funny!

SpringyChicken Sat 14-Nov-20 18:28:57

On holiday in Madeira, my husband was delighted to recognise a plant growing wild which we had as a house plant at home. "It's a ... erm...don't tell me, I know its name... erm... Creeping Jesus". Close. It was Wandering Jew.

phoenix Sat 14-Nov-20 18:23:46

Thank you all!

Charleygirl and Knittynatter, thank you for your posts!

No, he didn't mean a Christmas tree, for the last three years we have gone for a group of 3 twig trees, decorated.

Will try to attach a pic, but don't hold your breath, and if I do manage to do it, the pic won't be very good.

Callistemon Sat 14-Nov-20 18:12:06

"You know, that green thing with leaves"
I wondered if he meant a cabbage grin

Knittynatter Sat 14-Nov-20 18:10:08

I also thought you were going to get your Christmas tree!!

Charleygirl5 Sat 14-Nov-20 18:07:26

phoenix did he mean a Christmas tree?! The world is your oyster with what will be on offer- he may regret it.