Gransnet forums

Chat

The good things to have come out of the pandemic

(5 Posts)
Kate1949 Tue 17-Nov-20 09:16:31

The way people have been helping each other out. The ingenious ways some small businesses have found to sell their wares. On a personal note, I've saved money smile Also, I no longer have to meet up with people I really didn't want to meet with. Yes I know I didn't HAVE to but I'm a bit of a wimp. It's been a relief.

BigBertha1 Tue 17-Nov-20 09:14:16

I think more people are cooking from fresh ingredients and hopefully sharing some family meals.

Ellianne Tue 17-Nov-20 08:49:01

The arts have come into our homes. A new generation has been introduced to ballet, music and opera thanks to the streaming of concerts and productions by the great companies.
Added to that crafts like needle work, woodwork, cooking have all had a resurgence. Gardening too.
All at the click of a button. Let's celebrate!

Galaxy Tue 17-Nov-20 08:46:55

For myself enjoying the simple things like walking, and not having to go to work nights out etc, and the joys of home working.

kittylester Tue 17-Nov-20 08:40:32

Lots of people are struggling with the lockdown and people have suffered an awful lot of pain and loss because of C19 but there have been positives too.

Some of the things I can think of include the way people are using more local businesses which means that we have visits to our village from a fish van, the pie man and a fruit and veg stall - all in the pub car park.

Our village community association, which was run largely by longtime, older residents, has been reinvigorated by vigorous younger people who have set up a helping hands group among lots of other things.

What good things have you noticed around you?