Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Wednesday

(9 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 18-Nov-20 12:47:43

Here we are again, happy as can be, all good pals and jolly good company! smile

Although not too happy in S.Australia; they go immeditely into 6 days of serious lockdown, to be be followed by 8 days of severe restrictions. Almost like our recent curfew.
That new cluster in Adelaide is likely to get away from medics, because, as their Senior Health Officer said on TV News this evening, this 2nd wave is proving to be far more virulent with only 3 days “incubation” Hence the need for rapid action.

Megs Losing messages is annoying isn’t it, especially if you’re close to sending it (is that a preposition?)
My tactic to beat this is to compose the message in Word as I’m doing now (my non-MS version is “TextMaker, although any will do I guess) . highlight, Copy, open a new thread in the Chat forum and then Paste.
If it all goes haywire you’ve still got the document to have another go and saves the hassle of remembering and re-typing. Easy!

“Ironing” What’s that? Wouldn’t know where ours is. That’s why someone invented “drip-dry”
Btw Adelaide is about 650km from Melb. Big debate now going on about the status of the Test match normally held there.

boheminan Thank you for your post the other day!
Had a look at the Scaffold yesterday (never heard of them!) and boy! Their brilliant white suits looked incredible. A long way from the torn jeans and lanky hair brigade. Mind you, I couldn’t wear an outfiit like that and dine out; I’d soon have gravy stains and red wine spattered down my front. blush
So! Shepherd’s Pie it is tomorrow then! Steak and kidney this evening. Freezer to microwave to table, only 10 min. and minimal washing-up. Delcious!
Ten more frozen meals delivered today; Chicken, Fish, Liver and bacon! Awesome!
Although I must confess a secret here in that I wear a bib! It save heaps on wahing powder, but I must remember to discard it before going to our Zoom classes, otherwise my Aussie Grannies would roast me!
No! I wouldn’t fit in my high-chair these days. hmm

LauraN* That’s OK! Misplaced judgements are easy to make on the Internet I made a few over the last few days with the result i’ve been yellow-carded twice and then it becomes 3 Strikes and out! sad
Thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt and it’s good to “see” you here!
Hope you can pop in again sometime, although I’ll understand if you’re bored out of your mind.
Btw; just being nosey, but where are you from? If you return anytime it helps me to
watch out for any discussion items of interest.

I noticed your ref. elsewhere to my apology to all concerned. Lucca kindly responded with a thank you, but unfortunately they’ve disappeared when HQ dumped the whole thread. Never mind, that’s life!

Lovely warm 32C today, no rain and same tomorrow. 30mins. to go!

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Wed 18-Nov-20 13:57:24

Hi Rufus, wet and chilly..yuk, ventured out for a walk, within 5 minutes, the heavens opened! Took the car for a spin instead, excercising my legs on the pedals. According to the press, the MCG will be hosting India, how true that is, remains to be seen. Random talk here about allowing family visits over Christmas for a few days, dependent on any reduction in numbers in the next week, phrases like ‘direction of travel’ and ‘uptick’ will no doubt be used. I wonder who decides such terms replace normal language, I have an image of a sort of secret group in a bunker.
Anyway, your meals sound yummy, we’ve been having deliveries whilst kitchen out of action, should be functioning by dinner, so back to cooking. Sausage mash and beans tonight.
Stay safe ?

AGAA4 Sat 21-Nov-20 20:08:46

Hi Rufus
I heard you had been on the naughty step
I hope it wasn't my cactus joke that started you on the slippery slope.

CC90 Sat 21-Nov-20 20:19:45

Hi Rufus!
I enjoy your posts too. Good to get an Aussie blokes perspective !

Jane10 Sat 21-Nov-20 20:56:17

?

rafichagran Sat 21-Nov-20 21:50:15

I like your posts too.

seacliff Sat 21-Nov-20 22:00:03

Me too, well some of them.

Jaxjacky Sat 21-Nov-20 22:04:27

I like them all too.

Megs36 Sun 22-Nov-20 10:17:04

AAGAHello, pretty sure your joke had nothing to do with Rufus and the naughty step or chair, there were other reasons he is not in touch.
Look forward to hearing soon, but I am a bit concerned that he hasn’t posted for a while. As you say always good to hear.
Rufus looks like your fan club awaits????