Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Thu 19-Nov-20 06:10:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark start this morning here in Brackley , think the outside temperatures are going to be very low this morning, and the cold grey skies above .
Today nothing much may compile my xmas card list , as we start week 3 of this lockdown ,and await what next has the government got in mind?
Take Care ,
Mick

Lins1066 Thu 19-Nov-20 23:29:55

I'm so very sorry Scentia you must be heartbroken. A very difficult decision for you, but you did the right thing for her.
I enjoyed hearing about little Sasha so much, bless her.
?

baubles Thu 19-Nov-20 22:42:09

Scentia I’m so sorry you had to lose your wee Sasha, it’s heartbreaking when the time comes but how brave you are to let her go. flowers

ginny Thu 19-Nov-20 22:25:30

So sad Sencia. I’m sure you have many happy memories to help you through.?

gillgran Thu 19-Nov-20 21:34:36

Scentia flowers

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 19-Nov-20 21:27:09

So sorry Scentia. It must hurt so much, but you know you did the right thing for Sasha. ?

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 19-Nov-20 21:12:16

That was a very difficult decision to make, Scentia, but you did what's best for your dog. Very sad. So sorry.

Beauregard Thu 19-Nov-20 20:05:06

So sorry to hear that Scentia flowers

Auntieflo Thu 19-Nov-20 19:47:34

Scentia, so sad to hear your news. Hoping you are OK.

Sark Thu 19-Nov-20 19:34:23

Scentia so sorry flowers

Grandmafrench Thu 19-Nov-20 19:25:57

Such very sad news, Scentia. But what a wonderful life she had. That's what you need to think about now - and you were brave enough to let her go at the right time. RIP, little Sasha ? your Mummy's got you safely in her heart.

farview Thu 19-Nov-20 19:14:33

Oh Scentia...that is so very sad...but you had to do the right thing by her..?

Urmstongran Thu 19-Nov-20 19:09:36

Oh Scentia that was sad to read. I’m really sorry for you. You will really miss your cute little companion.
?
RIP Sasha

moggie57 Thu 19-Nov-20 18:52:29

Oh goodness what a dismal day.yet NY brother in Worthing west Sussex sags it was a beautiful day rhere.nothing but rain here Shirley near croydon.got an office chair from eBay all was going well when I was putting it together.when j went to put the seat on the fittings fell off .oh fiddlesticks.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-Nov-20 17:51:10

So sorry to hear about your pooch scentia our pets give us so much joy, it’s heartbreaking when they leave thanks

EllanVannin Thu 19-Nov-20 17:51:07

How sad for you Scentia. I used to picture her running alongside, aw bless her.
This is the second stroke I've heard about this month with a dog and the owner has been beside herself since. A sad time.x

Grandmabatty Thu 19-Nov-20 17:45:57

scentia I'm so sorry. That's exactly what happened to my last dog and I was so upset. They steal your heart, don't they?

Blossoming Thu 19-Nov-20 17:34:11

So sorry for your loss Scentia ❤️

Susan56 Thu 19-Nov-20 17:28:28

Oh Scentia,I’m so sorry?

Sar53 Thu 19-Nov-20 17:22:43

Scentia flowers xx

CherryCezzy Thu 19-Nov-20 17:03:35

That must have been a difficult decision for you Scentia but as you say ^she is not suffering anymore*. Take heart that you did what was best flowers

Marydoll Thu 19-Nov-20 16:27:29

Scentia, I'm so sorry. You must be heartbroken. ?

Scentia Thu 19-Nov-20 16:12:30

Sorry I haven’t posted for a few days. I had to have my adorable pooch put to sleep this afternoon after she collapsed on Tuesday afternoon and went off her legs, she had some sort of stroke type thing and I made the decision to put her to rest as she has so many problems, the poor baby was so miserable. I feel so sad but relieved that she is not suffering anymore, what an anxious little button she was. She was 8 or 9 years old but seemed so much older than that the last 6 months. It was only the summer when we were shooting off on my bike with her running alongside. Bless my little Sasha snd all her itches and ailments.xx❤️

Rufus2 Thu 19-Nov-20 14:01:14

Good evening from Queensland Australia
Kartush Welcome! smile Brisbane?
Hot here too in Melbourne at 1.00 am Friday, but no fan!
OoRoo

Kartush Thu 19-Nov-20 12:53:23

Good evening from Queensland Australia where it is 11pm and hot enough to have the ceiling fan on.

Marydoll Thu 19-Nov-20 12:29:00

Nannytopsy, ask and you shall receive!

MARS BAR CAKE

I tend to use supermarket own brand, much cheaper.

4 Mars bars, or packet of 5 Lidl/Aldi fake Mars bars
3oz block margarine, (must be the hard stuff)
3oz Coco Pops or Aldi/Lidl copycat.
Tbs golden syrup.

Chop the the Bars, add marge and syrup. Melt in 30 sec burst in microwave or over hot water. Beat until there are absolutely no lumps.
Add Coco pops and mix well, you made need to add a little more than the recipe, there should be no residue in the bowl.

Put into an oiled baking tray and set in fridge about 15 mins.

Meanwhile melt two bars of supermarket own brand 100g bars of chocolate I use one milk and one plain. Mix together and cover the cake. Back in fridge to set, then cut into squares.

Highly calorific, bad for your health, but a little is enough.
Think about the diet later!

If you Ctrl P with this post, you should be able to print out the recipe.