Gransnet forums

Chat

Night Owls of Gransnet

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 22-Nov-20 12:24:45

Hello All
I'm often awake in the small hours,
for a variety of reasons which I'm sure that many are familiar with.
So I'm starting this thread for anyone in the same position.
We can chat, share our 3am worries, whatever.
If you fancy popping on for whatever reason, here is the thread for all Night Owls moon
See you later x

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 10:18:47

smilemoonbrewflowersshamrock

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 10:18:01

Thank you to everyone for keeping me company over the past few months, you have been lovely company (even Rufus) and have been a comfort during quite a difficult time for me.
I hope that you have enjoyed probably the most rambling and subject free thread on GN too.

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 10:14:38

Well, whodaythought it, my calculations were indeed wrong blush

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 10:12:58

So if my calculations are correct, and I wouldn't bank on it, this is the penultimate post here.
Kim you are a very mysterious lady!
Dorsetcupcake thank you for your kind words.
Hoping to hear from Marilla soon.

Kim19 Tue 12-Jan-21 06:56:56

Feeling a little bit guilty/sad when I read all your sufferings here and I'm getting off comparatively lightly with only the solitude to tolerate and, so far, no awful illnessses. Had a successful day yesterday with a little bit of Heath Robinson magic and managed the fixtures and fitting for some screens at my long windows. DIY is most certainly NOT my thing. Professionals would weep but - hey - I'm happy.

Dorsetcupcake61 Tue 12-Jan-21 06:40:42

Hi,I often read on here when I wake up in early hours,although I'm too drowsy to type. I thought I'd drop a line Fanny as your husband did sound similar to a good friend. Very sadly her brother died of Covid recently. He had underlying health conditions but it was very rapid. She became very unwell with problems breathing and was admitted to hospital. She had a barrage of tests and as well as needing oxygen her blood pressure shot through the roof as did her temperature. She was pretty much out of it and given iv fluids and anti biotic. There was evidence of a small infection in her lungs but nothing that could explain her symptoms. They did Covid tests but negative. The Doctor said the new strain doesnt always show up immediately. Shes now home but has to isolate and is exhausted. Who knows? Stay safe and thankyou for good threads you start?

nadateturbe Tue 12-Jan-21 06:22:33

That was very unfortunate FC. I read about someone else who caught it and hadn't been out for months.
Think I'll try for another 30 minutes sleep.

Congrats. 6 posts left.

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 05:29:41

Hello again moon
Grannyactivist yes, that does sounds worrying.
Molly I've heard that schools are really struggling with numbers now.
I'm pretty sure that they are going to change the rules about keyworker children. I can't remember what exactly though!
nadateturbe thank you. It was awful! He had pneumonia too, he was in hospital for a week. He is ECV so we had both been shielding aswell since February.
The whole thing is a bit mad really.
The most probable cause was taking me to one of my hospital appointments. They don't actually know for certain that he had Covid - he was hospitalised for pneumonia.

I realise that I've got to start a new Night Owls thread very soon. I've never had a long running thread before! I feel quite chuffed about it smile
I think that we've got seven posts left.

nadateturbe Tue 12-Jan-21 04:46:05

Grannyactivist are you sure its not a covid cough? Sounds bad.

I didn't know your husband had covid FC. That must have been a very worrying time.
I'm glad he's making some progress.

I've been awake half an hour. Checked my emails and there's one from Hotel Chocolat listing all their delicious half price mouthwatering sale items.
Trying not to reach for chocolate in my bedside drawer now.

Mollygo Tue 12-Jan-21 04:14:12

Anyone else’s GN decide to have an ‘outage’ half an hour ago?
Early morning all. It’s good to hear that your DH’s are getting better FC and D. I was hoping to get another sleep through tonight, but I’ve tried reading and then almost finished listening to Katherine Wentworth with little effect. DD1, who is a headteacher said school was ridiculous today. Numbers of key workers children have been creeping up steadily, but today, so many children arrived because they had ‘nowhere to study and no technology’ that it was impossible to keep groups small enough to separate. She has bad asthma, but working from home is impossible with the rest of the family trying to do the same. Can’t help but worry even though that doesn’t help her. Georgesgran sorry about your acid reflux. Have you got anything to take?

grannyactivist Tue 12-Jan-21 03:39:39

I have a non - COVID cough that’s making the nights (and days if it comes to that) rather difficult. I stayed in bed today to see if a rest would help, but here I am still coughing at silly o’clock in the morning. It’s a good job my husband sleeps on the other side of the house where he can only hear me when I cough myself sick.

Doodle Tue 12-Jan-21 03:32:47

Good to hear he is improving. Hope his breathing improves as time goes on. Good he’s not depressed about it that should aid recovery.
Hello Georgesgran sorry about the acid reflux. Do you have anything you can take for it?

Georgesgran Tue 12-Jan-21 03:26:08

Hi FC and all. Lying awake thinking ........ never a good idea and I’ve got acid reflux!
DH will bring me tea in 3 hours and then another day of ‘house arrest’ lies ahead.

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 03:22:46

Thanks Doodle Very slow progress, but progress none the less.
He's just finished some antibiotics which seem to have sorted his chest out (He had a secondary chest infection - to start with I just thought it was par for the course. That's one of the problems with covid - you never know what to expect).
He gets sooo out of breath even walking down the stairs or dressing.
It's difficult, but it's a miracle that he survived it, bless him.
And he's not depressed or anything like that, I can imagine that a lot of people with long Covid are suffering with their mental health.sad

Doodle Tue 12-Jan-21 03:12:46

Thanks for asking Fanny, he’s doing quite well. Still walking with a frame because his balance is bad but he’s speeded up quite a bit ?. Pain is reducing but he still has a problem standing up to shave or shower. How is your DH getting on?

Kim19 Tue 12-Jan-21 03:07:24

Hello all! Just finished doing catch up with some of my TV favourites. Don't know how I managed to get so far behind with all the time I have on my hands at the moment. Guess I'm just disorganised.

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 03:02:04

Hello Doodle! I saw you knocking about on the DH/bad haircut thread smile
Oh I know - the goose! It was meant for on here because we (well, more likely, me) talk about the late night / early morning Radio 4 schedule.

How is MrD now Doodle? And how are you?

Doodle Tue 12-Jan-21 02:57:12

Woke up not work up

Doodle Tue 12-Jan-21 02:56:53

Hello Fanny and all. I just work up and am now wide awake for some reason.
I’ve been reading your Teachers thread Fanny. Very interesting responses. Made me laugh when you suddenly posted something about a goose in the middle of the thread. ?

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 02:17:33

Hello Primrose! moon
I hope that you are well.
What do you get up to at this ungodly hour?
My nights usually involve the World Service, chocolate Ovaltine, medication and stopping the dog from being a damned nuisance
(And GN of course.)

Primrose73 Tue 12-Jan-21 02:03:52

I am regularly awake all hours of the night,nice to have found some company tonight.

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 01:21:44

Hello Everyone
And a special 'hello' to Marilla
I hope that at time of typing you are sound asleep after an uneventful op.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sparkling Mon 11-Jan-21 06:06:40

Awoke at 3 am, made a cuppa at 5 am, it would lovely to awake about 8 am when you don't see or speak to anyone, the says are long. I spent most of the weekend eating, so today that's stopping before I sent get in the door.
Hope you all have a good day

FannyCornforth Mon 11-Jan-21 05:38:26

Hi Kim - how about that for a speedy response!smile

Kim19 Mon 11-Jan-21 05:36:44

Fascinated/delighted by what a quiet night it has been on here. This suggests to me that most of us are having a good sleep. Terrific!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion